Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sat'Day

(5 Posts)
rafichagran Sat 31-Jul-21 20:42:25

Hi Rufus make sure you spend all that money wisely, or better still not, spend it on what you want even if it is frivolous.
Weather ok, but still the occasional downpour of rain.
Sleep well.

Jaxjacky Sat 31-Jul-21 15:39:29

Hi Rufus, it is a shame about Stokes, we’ve bern watching some of the 100 series cricket games. The one last night was so exciting I’ve booked tickets for us to go on the 11th. Only two weeks until premiership football starts again ??, see City have offered £110m to Villa for Grealish, rather a lot!
Weather here is ho hum, bit of sun, bit of rain, there was a named storm came across Cornwall to us overnight Thursday, very windy. I’m cropping baby cucumber from the greenhouse, they hide under the leaves, I’ve had 8 in three days, giving some away.
Well done Ian, you’ll get there Aveline.
Take care ?

Rufus2 Sat 31-Jul-21 15:28:27

The hospital backs on to the zoo in case you were concerned
I was getting very concerned, especially when I got to the bit about a zoo, imagining you'd had a zoo vet doing the procedure grin
I guess you saw that cartoon in a recent issue of "The Oldie, where a donkey ( I think) was sporting a new hip, although it was from a zebra. Not happy! worth a laugh.
Maybe the Owl was one of our GN night owls lending its support!
You say you didn't get a view, only noises, but how about smells? They could be just as powerful as any anaesthetic!
Sweet Dreams! hmm

Aveline Sat 31-Jul-21 14:56:26

Hi Rufus2. I'm home. I certainly didn't have a room with a view but that was low on my priority list. What I did have was an unexpected serenade from howler monkeys, chimps and lions plus a personal owl which sat on my window sill and hooted away. The hospital backs on to the zoo in case you were concerned.
Nothing so exciting back home. I'm on two sticks and manage OK up to a point. DH is being pressed into action more than he expected I fear.
Your weather sounds the same as ours today. Cool and damp. Lovely!

Rufus2 Sat 31-Jul-21 14:32:53

Good Evening; Good to hear from you again Avelineand that you enjoyed your accommodation!
Was it a room with a good view?
I was tempted to chase up your progress, but then those old sayings “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread” and “There’s no fool like an old fool” came to mind.
To be honest, I thought maybe the nurses were putting stuff in all those cups of tea you were constantly demanding, not having heard anything for a couple of days.
Now your next job is to welcome home your two new companions. How soon?

Our Ian turned up yesterday with excellent news that he now owns a new Kia and my Mitsubishi acted as his trade-in, for $7,000, which is all mine to spend! smile
Just thinking; what can I do with all that?
It would buy a one-way ticket to Darwin on the Ghan, but it would cost all that and more to get back home again.
I might give it to the Lost Dogs Home and RSPCA as we’ve always found our faithful friends there.
Btw Ian is OK on one crutch now; allowed to drive his new car in a fortnight and also finishes with working from home.
He finally took my advice and went automatic and also white as even he knows from experience that you could fry an egg on the bonnet of any other colour on a hot day!

Pity about Stokes and his illness, forcing him to rethink his part in the Aussie Test!
I can’t imagine that going ahead, but we shall see!
Queensland going through snap lockdowns again; this time they appear to be narrowed down to suburbs instead of the entire State, which seems to be more logical and better for businesses.

Hope everyone’s fit and well!
It’s 11.15pm 9C and raining! sad
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo