Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(45 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 03-Aug-21 06:04:30

Good Morning Everyone,
From a grey but dry at the movement here in brackley .
Today , apart from some housework , will watch day 2 of Olympics track cycling , to see if we get medals in either of the pursuit events.
Then later my usual bus trip out to Bicester , for an hour .
I try to avoid being out to, long as I return and remain in my flat ,
I have heard people getting the virus , on rail travel with youngsters walking up and down train corridors without masks ,and brushing other passengers with people self testing with a PCR ,and having self isolate when returning home .
Take Care,
Mick

Naninka Tue 03-Aug-21 15:02:45

Good Morning although it is now afternoon. In my defence, I have only just had my lunch since I spent the whole morning with my DGS. He had his first bounce on a trampoline and played with my ex-husband's sister's grandson for hours in the garden.
Ps. He did eat but I have a restricted diet so have waited to have my lunch here at home, after dropping him back to his Mummy and Daddy first.
Pps. I love my GC but it is really nice when they've had a great time and you come back to peace and quiet. Ssshh... I might just treat myself to a little nap!

GrannySomerset Tue 03-Aug-21 11:52:24

DGD1 has tested positive for COVID and counting the days until she is released from isolation - fortunately in time for best friend’s 18th birthday celebration. Otherwise life is dull but reasonably drama free here. Missing Marydoll and hoping she is feeling better than she was. Unusual not to see her posting for so long and worrying.

EkwaNimitee Tue 03-Aug-21 11:48:38

Good morning, Mick and all from mostly sunny Carlisle .
The laundry is washed and ironed for the week, I've vacuumed carpets, mowed and trimmed the lawn and now feel like applying for sainthood! Free to do nothing useful for the rest of the day. A new book beckons.
It seems we all have good weather to enjoy ourselves in but for those who have worries and problems, then hopefully the best day possible.

Borrheid55 Tue 03-Aug-21 11:43:10

Morning all from a sunny Ashford Kent. I do hope my school friend Marydoll is looking after herself. Don’t like it when we don’t hear from her for a few days.
Had a whizz round yday - hairdresser, library and M&S. DH goes back to bed on a Monday afternoon before going on nightshift so we can’t hang about. He could leave me in town but our bus service is only hourly so it’s difficult to time it just right. I opened one of the new library books last night only to discover I had read it three weeks ago under a different title! Caro Ramsay is a Scottish author from my neck of the woods so always pick her books up. FYI - The Cursed Girls & Mosaic are the same book! I really enjoyed it but I hardly ever read a book a second time.
Had an invitation to go to Jerez de la Frontera in September- usually I jump at the chance ( 2 or 3 times a year pre-Covid!) but I am really worried. Spain has high infection and low vaccination rates. Add in the chaos at airports and Im really not sure. I’ll wait a few weeks before making a decision. I stay with a friend from college days (nearly 50 years ago ) at his flat, right in the centre of the old town. So no probs with bookings!
Have a good day all!

Nannagarra Tue 03-Aug-21 11:08:58

Good morning from the Sefton coast. The weather is beautiful.
Sar53 I hope the situation is more promising than it seems at present. Thinking of Marydoll and others who are missing.
Washing and and gardening are on my agenda. Have the best day you can everyone.

hollysteers Tue 03-Aug-21 10:22:42

Good morning Mick and all from a bright Lancashire coast.
Catch up on house today after going out every day with my sister.
Enjoying watching My Unorthodox Life on Netflix, particularly now I have found the subtitles…
Take care Mick and all.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 03-Aug-21 10:19:52

Good Morning all from bright and promising to be dry Harrogate.
I, too, watched the cycling in Tokyo for a short time yesterday and saw that poor Australian lad come a cropper when his arm rests fell off his bike, just as well he wasn't in the lead at the time or he would have had tyre marks all over him!!
You have had a great time in the Shetlands Gelisa you'll be sorry to leave.
Missing you Marydoll hope you find your mojo.
My DD1's birthday is today, if they test negative they are going to spend the night near Hadrian's wall - plenty there to show little DGD.
At the moment, my printer is not working so will have to spend some time phoning my helpline to get it fixed, otherwise hopefully not, looking for a new one!!
Sar hope you feel better soon and have the energy to pursue your hospital appointment.

Have the best day you can folks.

B9exchange Tue 03-Aug-21 09:58:42

Good morning all, dull and overcast in SW Herts. Off to meet our committee chair today at Bicester Park and Ride, so will wave to you Mick. We will then continue in his car to the hotel near Stratford where we hope to run our residential conference in October, restrictions permitting. I have form for falling asleep on long drives, really hope I can stay awake!

Lovely to catch up with friends we have known for decades yesterday, shame the weather didn't let us try out DH's birthday garden furniture. Hooe everyone gets a bit of sunshine today.

Dogsmakemesmile Tue 03-Aug-21 09:37:35

Morning from a beautiful Scottish Borders. Just checking in. Will come back and read everyone's posts later. Have a good Tuesday.

Blossoming Tue 03-Aug-21 09:31:40

Good morning all from Lancashire on a beautiful bright morning. The kitchen cupboard reorganisation is going well, no arguments yet ? May today bring something good to everyone.

Nannytopsy Tue 03-Aug-21 09:30:44

I am with you all on the dinner decisions! At least today is cold turkey left from Sunday, so there is very little to discuss.
The cat is making up for his misdemeanours by snuggling up this morning!

Grandmadinosaur Tue 03-Aug-21 09:18:43

mapleleaf I so agree about the hassle about airports. Also I want to look forward to and enjoy it not worry about having tests, quarantine etc

Mapleleaf Tue 03-Aug-21 09:11:25

Good morning

It's a beautiful start to the day here in South Yorkshire with a lovely blue sky and sunshine. I think the fine weather is forecast to be set for the day, and possibly tomorrow too.

I got a lot of garden tidying done yesterday and now the green bin is full of garden waste. It should be emptied today, but not sure it will be as the council are on catch up after many staff were pinged the week before last, so green bin collections were halted. The grass needs cutting but if I do that, the cut grass will have to be stored in a bag until the bin gets emptied, so I might leave it a day or two. The problem with that is the grass keeps growing, so there'll be more to cut ?.

So nice to read about posters being on holiday or having visits after so long being forced to lockdown. I'm looking forward to our holiday, though it's not for some while yet, so I really hope the restrictions don't have to come back beforehand. I'm not going abroad, I don't feel brave enough to attempt that just yet. To be honest, I've not been a lover of airports for many years, not since you have to go so early and go through so much security before boarding (which I know is essential), but it's even worse now with having to do tests before you leave and before you return at such added financial cost, making the holiday much more expensive than it used to be.

The supermarket beckons later; as Mother Hubbard said, the cupboard is bare! ( Well, almost ?).

To all feeling down, unwell, worried, I hope today brings you comfort ?.

To all with plans, enjoy whatever you do.

Take care.

NannyJan53 Tue 03-Aug-21 09:03:20

Good morning from a sunny Black Country.

A lovely walk yesterday with the group, the photo shows the views literally 15 minutes walk from our town! We walked almost 6 miles, so was shattered when I arrived home at lunchtime.

Making a lasagne this morning, which I shall take to DD's when I go over tomorrow.

Hoping Marydoll is ok.

Wishing you all a pleasant day

ginny Tue 03-Aug-21 08:55:14

Good morning from an overcast N. Bucks.
Had a bad night so only just getting up.
Agenda for today…
Put icing on a Bakewell Tart and deliver .
Visit a friend to chat about the return of a craft club that we run together.
Hair appointment just after midday.
Maybe a bit of garden tidying this afternoon.
Have the best day you can everyone and hopefully a smile along the way.

Alizarin Tue 03-Aug-21 08:27:12

Thank you Gingster, my new hips feel entirely 'at home' now (it's been 5 months/2 months since each op after all) and I wouldn't know they are artificial. Oh, except for the telltale small scars of course! A truly remarkable operation.

Elizabeth1 Tue 03-Aug-21 08:24:41

Morning everyone from a very sunny start to the day here on the east coast of Fife. The weather feels a little sharp I would even say nippy. It’s meant to get warmer though if you believe the weather forecast.

I had such a lovely morning yesterday lounging on my settee in the conservatory then back to bed unfortunately I’ve little energy to do much more these days I feel as if I’ve moved backwards in my climbing out of despair however I feel good this morning and I’m up for having a shower depending on which carer comes through the door.

I think I’m going out for a wee run in the car perhaps to my favourite haunt down at the beach. My dh is off out at the moment looking for hay fever wet wipes I’ve been told they’re very good if there’s a sign of pollen about. Hope so. I don’t want to experience the tiredness I get with my antihistamine tablets again. No thank you.

Have a good day everyone, thinking of those who might be needing a hug or two they’re on there way now.flowers

Gingster Tue 03-Aug-21 08:21:31

Good morning all and it’s sunny here at the seaside.
Yesterday we had a busy day. We took little pooch to Dunwich Heath to see (my namesake Heather). There were beautiful bright patches but lots to still come. We’ll go back in a couple of weeks when it should be at its best. We then went on to the famous fish and chip shop on the beach and after another walk along the marshes, we decided it would be rude not to stay and have lunch there. It really was the best fish and chips I have tasted in a long while.
As we left, the place was bustling with a coach load of people and many others. It’s very popular.

In the afternoon we decided our garden furniture needed attention (spurred on by ashcombe). The table had become very wobbly, so dh strengthened it and we stained it and a couple of the chairs. We’ll finish off today.

GrannyGravy I know the ‘what to have for tea’ conundrum.
If I ask dh he always says ‘pie and chips’. I allow him it once every couple of weeks. We’d be the size of houses if it was left to him. ?.

Sar - how disappointing for you! ?.

Alizirin - what a busy day you had yesterday, you do so well , especially after your Ops .??.

Wishing you all a lovely day and hoping poorly grans are feeling better ?

baubles Tue 03-Aug-21 08:18:10

Good morning Mick, morning all from sunny South Lanarkshire.

Today’s tasks include shampooing the living room rug, baking a couple of fruit loaves and making a big pot of chilli, half of which will go into the freezer.

Other than that it will be a quiet in baubles towers.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and thinking of our missing posters.

Anniebach Tue 03-Aug-21 08:15:20

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BlueSapphire Tue 03-Aug-21 08:13:58

Good morning everyone from an overcast Northampton; hoping it stays dry for our health walk this afternoon.

Younger DGD has just arrived to spend the morning with me as DS is on a work jolly and her mum is at work for half a day. It's the first time since before Covid, so I am going to make the most of her company! She has been excitedly greeting the cats, who are rather curious to have someone else in the house!

Must get my skates on and get showered and dressed as Sainsburys are delivering soon.

Have a pleasant day everyone.

Grammaretto Tue 03-Aug-21 08:11:00

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where it promises to warm up later but a definite chill in the air now.
I have to catch a bus into town to meet an old friend. We'll meet at the Botanic gardens - a favourite place. You have to book in advance but it means it never gets too busy.

Before that I have a "maintenance" appt with the chiropractor for adjustments.smile. The joys of getting older.

As long as you continue to wear a clean mask on public transport and keep sanitising your hands, Mick, you should avoid infection. I have so far and not had a cold for so long I wonder if my immune system is not getting enough work to do.

Hoping everyone's day goes well.

cornergran Tue 03-Aug-21 08:03:15

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset

We drifted about all day yesterday, not sure how today will pan out. Mr. C would like to go look at a car.

Enjoy the boat greyd, sounds a lovely day for it. Safe travels tomorrow susan, a difficult time for you. Oh yes, gtannyg, how I’d love a live in chef. Sorry your hospital appointment was unsatisfactory sar, take it easy today. I’m sure your holiday home is tidy enough ash, enjoy your family time.

Take care everyone. Hope Tuesday is kind to us all.

brook2704 Tue 03-Aug-21 07:57:04

Safe journey gelisa and thanks for all the lovely photos you’ve shared!

NanKate Tue 03-Aug-21 07:56:58

Morning Mick and All.

A sunny but cloudy day here in South Bucks.

When I say to DH ‘please get something out for dinner’ 9 times out of 10 he chooses Quiche and I think, but don’t say, ‘Not bloody quiche again’ ?