Gransnet forums

Chat

Wills, wills, wills 😫

(11 Posts)
FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 18:19:22

I notice that we’ve got another banner / leading thread telling us to write a will and leave our dosh to Cancer Research
Is that all that we ‘over 50’s’ are good for, advertisement wise?

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 18:33:16

See? No one is interested!

Witzend Fri 15-Oct-21 18:34:48

The TV is worse, though - at least the ads in some of the dramas I record to watch later. Funeral plans, funeral plans, direct cremation, more funeral plans…..💀
And that’s besides all the mobility scooters, riser recliners, and all the other things for the poor decrepit old souls who watch afternoon telly.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 15-Oct-21 18:36:28

Depressing isn’t it?

aggie Fri 15-Oct-21 18:38:50

I hope you have all made a Will , it’s such a lot of work for those trying to sort things out after your death
One of my Aunts thought she would die if she made a will ! It meant a lot of work and cost to solicitors to get it all sorted

Jaxjacky Fri 15-Oct-21 19:09:46

Not difficult to ignore them.

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 19:37:29

Jaxjacky

Not difficult to ignore them.

Of course. It’s so foolish to dwell upon annoyances isn’t it

midgey Fri 15-Oct-21 19:42:02

Isn’t October Will month?

Smileless2012 Fri 15-Oct-21 19:44:31

And there's also all the equity release ads, you know release some money and give some to your AC and GC.

25Avalon Fri 15-Oct-21 21:10:26

I keep getting emails about planning my funeral - not what I want to see when I am having breakfast and checking emails.

Grammaretto Fri 15-Oct-21 22:13:45

My DH didn't leave a will. He didn't think it was important. In some ways he was right as long as I made one, which I have. However there have been several times in these months since he died when it would have been far easier for me if he had.
I have been trying to prove I had his permission to access his research. It seems extraordinary that although we were married for over 50 years, I have to ask my solicitor to provide me with a legal document to use as evidence.
So my advice is : leave a will.