Gransnet forums

Chat

Wills, wills, wills ?

(11 Posts)
FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 18:19:22

I notice that we’ve got another banner / leading thread telling us to write a will and leave our dosh to Cancer Research
Is that all that we ‘over 50’s’ are good for, advertisement wise?

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 18:33:16

See? No one is interested!

Witzend Fri 15-Oct-21 18:34:48

The TV is worse, though - at least the ads in some of the dramas I record to watch later. Funeral plans, funeral plans, direct cremation, more funeral plans…..?
And that’s besides all the mobility scooters, riser recliners, and all the other things for the poor decrepit old souls who watch afternoon telly.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 15-Oct-21 18:36:28

Depressing isn’t it?

aggie Fri 15-Oct-21 18:38:50

I hope you have all made a Will , it’s such a lot of work for those trying to sort things out after your death
One of my Aunts thought she would die if she made a will ! It meant a lot of work and cost to solicitors to get it all sorted

Jaxjacky Fri 15-Oct-21 19:09:46

Not difficult to ignore them.

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 19:37:29

Jaxjacky

Not difficult to ignore them.

Of course. It’s so foolish to dwell upon annoyances isn’t it

midgey Fri 15-Oct-21 19:42:02

Isn’t October Will month?

Smileless2012 Fri 15-Oct-21 19:44:31

And there's also all the equity release ads, you know release some money and give some to your AC and GC.

25Avalon Fri 15-Oct-21 21:10:26

I keep getting emails about planning my funeral - not what I want to see when I am having breakfast and checking emails.

Grammaretto Fri 15-Oct-21 22:13:45

My DH didn't leave a will. He didn't think it was important. In some ways he was right as long as I made one, which I have. However there have been several times in these months since he died when it would have been far easier for me if he had.
I have been trying to prove I had his permission to access his research. It seems extraordinary that although we were married for over 50 years, I have to ask my solicitor to provide me with a legal document to use as evidence.
So my advice is : leave a will.