Gransnet forums

Chat

Anybody going to watch Trump being interviewed by Farage on GB News tonight?

(107 Posts)
25Avalon Wed 01-Dec-21 12:05:49

Apparently Trump has been interviewed by Nigel Farage which will be shown on GB News at 7pm tonight. It is pre recorded rather than live so you wonder if the lawyers have been busy sifting through it for any slander? It could be interesting love him or loath him. I think I will watch it. How about other Gnetters?

tickingbird Fri 03-Dec-21 18:36:38

Yesterday 12:32 GagaJo

tickingbird
I’m just glad there’s no audio, all this sighing would send me to sleep. Then again, just reading some of the posts has the same effect.
Why bother then?

Great for insomnia, works a treat!

Calistemon Thu 02-Dec-21 20:09:52

Calistemon, you don't look old enough to even be considered as Farage's mother ( and I am very glad you are not!)

Thank you, GillT57, so kind.
In fact, I only look old enough to be his younger sister as he looks so much older than his age.

GagaJo Thu 02-Dec-21 19:34:44

Chestnut

^Our history is mostly the history of dead, white men. The literature that is held up as being of value, of being published many years after their deaths is of dead white men. Most of our art is by dead white men.^
Actually it should be 'dead white educated men' because they were mainly the people who got the chance to do anything significant. Their wives were expected to run the home, and the rest of us (uneducated and poor) were too busy struggling to survive. So given that these educated white men were mainly the only ones able to do anything significant why should it be wrong to celebrate their achievements? Would you rather everyone was poor and uneducated and no-one achieved anything?

Plenty of women, people of colour and of non-western origin achieved things. We just haven't read about them in our white-centric educational system.

Yes, dead, white educated men, of course. Those that are in power and are literate write the history.

GagaJo Thu 02-Dec-21 19:32:39

lemongrove

I might have known that you would post something of the sort
Gaga I always know that I have something right if you disagree.wink

You think you're right all you like. It's a basic of history, hence the late 20th century attempt to right this approach, with social history, women's history, publishers such as the women's press.

GillT57 Thu 02-Dec-21 19:32:22

Good grief! They are old white men! Facts cannot be ignored, however 'woke' some on here think the comment is. Calistemon, you don't look old enough to even be considered as Farage's mother ( and I am very glad you are not!)

As for the comments about frequent posters, I get irritated by people who come onto News and Politics threads and then harangue those of us who are posting on it.

Chestnut Thu 02-Dec-21 17:42:14

Our history is mostly the history of dead, white men. The literature that is held up as being of value, of being published many years after their deaths is of dead white men. Most of our art is by dead white men.
Actually it should be 'dead white educated men' because they were mainly the people who got the chance to do anything significant. Their wives were expected to run the home, and the rest of us (uneducated and poor) were too busy struggling to survive. So given that these educated white men were mainly the only ones able to do anything significant why should it be wrong to celebrate their achievements? Would you rather everyone was poor and uneducated and no-one achieved anything?

Calistemon Thu 02-Dec-21 17:02:26

Sago

Trump is orange.

???

Sago Thu 02-Dec-21 17:01:18

Trump is orange.

Calistemon Thu 02-Dec-21 16:57:12

two old white men
shock
It is a bit ageist, Gill! ?
Trump is younger than me and Farage is young enough to be my son (he isn't, btw!)

TopsyIrene06 Thu 02-Dec-21 16:57:01

Not me Chestnut

lemongrove Thu 02-Dec-21 16:56:54

I might have known that you would post something of the sort
Gaga I always know that I have something right if you disagree.wink

GagaJo Thu 02-Dec-21 16:49:52

lemongrove

How very patronising Gill hmm

Your other post (about DT and Farage) would have been improved without the phrase ‘old white men’.
It’s a needless woke-ism and sounds daft frankly.

Of course it isn't. It describes the basis of patriarchy. It is run by and for white men. Our history is mostly the history of dead, white men. The literature that is held up as being of value, of being published many years after their deaths is of dead white men. Most of our art is by dead white men.

Most of us don't get a look in. It is the very basis of our culture. Not wokism at all.

lemongrove Thu 02-Dec-21 16:44:56

How very patronising Gill hmm

Your other post (about DT and Farage) would have been improved without the phrase ‘old white men’.
It’s a needless woke-ism and sounds daft frankly.

GillT57 Thu 02-Dec-21 15:44:10

Kandinsky

I didn’t say they were mentally ill, unless you think being lonely & housebound = that? hmm

I’m saying they’re extremely prolific & dominant the politics board.
I’m bored stiff with them & would love the opportunity to hide their posts.
They wouldn’t give a toss if I hid their posts so why can’t we have that facility?

we do have the facility, it is called ignoring posts you don't like, or the nuclear version; logging off and going to pages full of knitting patterns and kittens. We all have the choice.

GillT57 Thu 02-Dec-21 15:41:38

Coastpath

Why is it funny that you can do a quick research on Google and prove or disprove something?

Is it not better than repeating something verbatim without even knowing if it has any basis in truth?

Of course there are some who just say 'oops' when their nonsense is disproved within minutes. I didn't watch last nights programme, two old white men trying to prove something to each other, no thanks. As for Trump supporters, while I try very hard to be understanding of all political opinions, anyone who thinks that the ranting of that man, his corruption, bullying, nepotism are admirable and wish to have it repeated, well if I posted my true opinion on here, I would be reported by the GN police and chucked off.

Galaxy Thu 02-Dec-21 12:50:54

Because you dont run GN?

Lucca Thu 02-Dec-21 12:50:53

Kandinsky

I didn’t say they were mentally ill, unless you think being lonely & housebound = that? hmm

They wouldn’t give a toss if I hid their posts so why can’t we have that facility?

They ? Who do you mean ?

Kandinsky Thu 02-Dec-21 12:47:50

Daisend1 Thu 02-Dec-21 12:36:22

I will watch.

GagaJo Thu 02-Dec-21 12:32:05

tickingbird

I’m just glad there’s no audio, all this sighing would send me to sleep. Then again, just reading some of the posts has the same effect.

Why bother then?

Alegrias1 Thu 02-Dec-21 12:28:26

I just went out and bought a kettle.

It was the highlight of my dull, boring and lonely little life this week.

sigh

Lucca Thu 02-Dec-21 12:27:09

Kandinsky

Lucca

They probably are lonely & housebound, & of course have every right to sit on gransnet all day long, I just wish I could hide their posts. It’s not much to ask.

Don’t read the posts then.

Petera Thu 02-Dec-21 12:24:35

Kandinsky

Lucca

They probably are lonely & housebound, & of course have every right to sit on gransnet all day long, I just wish I could hide their posts. It’s not much to ask.

We're getting close now to the Stalinist argument "all the people who disagree with me are mentally ill"

Petera Thu 02-Dec-21 12:22:06

25Avalon

I did watch it and Trump came over in a very calm, lucid manner, in contrast to how the media have shown him in the past shouting etc at public rallies. I was surprised. He certainly shows no sign of dementia.

Did he say "Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV"?

tickingbird Thu 02-Dec-21 12:10:00