Gransnet forums

Chat

Prince Andrew Can't Sweat

(1001 Posts)
Caleo Sun 02-Jan-22 11:27:37

Doing wrong is not black and white even in law.

My own father who of course had never heard of Prince Andrew, could not sweat. My mother , who had never heard of Prince Andrew, told me this when I was was girl . My mother did not explain about the adrenaline thing as she had no medical knowledge, but after Andrew's admission about not sweating . I can understand how hormones are affected by some severe life events. My father was at the Eastern Front during the Great War.

Also in support of Prince Andrew, he probably did not even know that it was illegal or even immoral to shag an unknown and poor seventeen year old girl. Very rich people have odd childhoods, and it takes special efforts by parents and teachers to teach them what real life is.

Peasblossom Sun 02-Jan-22 11:58:03

Anniebach

No one here had sex at 17 ?

????

JaneJudge Sun 02-Jan-22 11:59:14

An old man plays with newspaper cuttings of his glory days

Kathy73 Sun 02-Jan-22 12:09:12

Anniebach

Chewie are you claiming the Queen is involved in this ?

www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/the-queen-privately-funding-prince-andrew-legal-fight-750971

Grany Sun 02-Jan-22 12:09:54

Top Army chiefs want 'toxic' Prince Andrew to quit his nine military roles

Questions about Prince Andrew's relationship with Epstein first emerged 11 years ago. The royal family has done all it can to protect him, keeping him involved in official roles that allowed him to continue to travel at taxpayers' expense, letting him retain all his privileges.

He was only told to 'step back' from public duties after he became a serious threat to the monarchy, with his car crash interview.

Grammaretto Sun 02-Jan-22 12:12:29

well said paddyann

As for not sweating . I know someone who was born with very few sweat glands. It is a condition known as anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia and can seriously affect your life and well being.
Babies born with it frequently didn't survive for as soon as they had a fever their body temperature could not be controlled. Even when they grow up their hair and teeth are sparse and they cannot tolerate the heat.
So they don't look robust and healthy like the Duke of York and certainly would not choose to disport themselves on Caribbean islands.

Chewbacca Sun 02-Jan-22 12:13:57

No Annie I'm not saying that HM is involved in it at all; her son's shit show of a life is all his own work. She's a 95 year old woman, with a louche and cowardly excuse of a man for a son and I expect she's as tired and fed up of his shenanigans as the rest of us. If he was in any way a half decent man, he'd have engaged and cooperated with the US investigation instead of hiding away in his tower and claiming royal privilege.

Josieann Sun 02-Jan-22 12:16:13

Did you know the Queen doesn't sweat? It is well documented by her dressmaker that it was so easy to try silks and light fabrics on her because she left no perspiration marks.

Kathy73 Sun 02-Jan-22 12:20:48

Chewbacca

No Annie I'm not saying that HM is involved in it at all; her son's shit show of a life is all his own work. She's a 95 year old woman, with a louche and cowardly excuse of a man for a son and I expect she's as tired and fed up of his shenanigans as the rest of us. If he was in any way a half decent man, he'd have engaged and cooperated with the US investigation instead of hiding away in his tower and claiming royal privilege.

But she is funding his defence

mokryna Sun 02-Jan-22 12:21:29

Peasblossom

Anniebach

????

Did the man in question ask how old you were before the act?

Blossoming Sun 02-Jan-22 12:22:31

I have just been called hoi poloi shock

I am mortally offended.

Galaxy many people believe ‘irony’ means ‘contains a lot of iron’.

Caleo Sun 02-Jan-22 12:22:45

Chew, as you write it , so seems to be the case. My point is that enormous wealth is bad for the children .

For instance it's reported that little Prince Charles was very unhappy at Gordonstoun. Luckily for us subjects, Charles seems to have been refined by his unhappiness. Other children of the very wealthy may be and sometimes are politically and morally brutalised at places such as Eton, and by their ignorant parents.

Urmstongran Sun 02-Jan-22 12:26:51

I’m sure I read somewhere that King George (he of the film The Madness of) married to Queen Charlotte had this ‘no sweat’ condition.

But to me, it’s important that PA hasn’t come forward to vehemently protest his innocence. You’d think he’d want to clear his name and get welcomed back into the RF for active duty. The fact that he hasn’t speaks volumes.

Peasblossom Sun 02-Jan-22 12:32:00

mokryna

Peasblossom

Anniebach

????

Did the man in question ask how old you were before the act?

They knew. They weren’t strangers.

I knew how old they were too.

?

Peasblossom Sun 02-Jan-22 12:33:25

Just to be clear.

I was every bit as enthusiastic as they were?

Chewbacca Sun 02-Jan-22 12:34:16

Other children of the very wealthy may be and sometimes are politically and morally brutalised at places such as Eton, and by their ignorant parents.

I realise now that you're not being ironic Caleo; you really are sympathetic towards Andy and his self induced plight. I personally have no sympathy for his politically and morally brutalised past, nor for car crash of the life he created. He's had so many opportunities in life that the hoi poloi have never, and will never, enjoy but he chose to be a rotter. He is the architect of his own misery.

Larsonsmum Sun 02-Jan-22 12:37:25

No support of Prince Andrew is appropriate in relation to this case/these allegations in my book.

Juliet27 Sun 02-Jan-22 12:40:35

So they don't look robust and healthy like the Duke of York and certainly would not choose to disport themselves on Caribbean islands

? Nicely worded!

Anniebach Sun 02-Jan-22 12:44:49

I do believe Andrew had sex with the girl but I don’t believe she
was distressed and forced to .

Iam64 Sun 02-Jan-22 12:49:44

Andrew visited Epstein, stayed in his New York apartment, soon after Epstein was released from prison after being convicted of sexual offences against minors. Challenged, PA claimed being a man of honour meant he went to see Epstein to tell him they couldn’t be friends anymore. A man of no honour would have phoned but not our brave, honourable prince.
Since Epstein’s conviction for serious sexual offences, PA has claimed his true friendship to have been with Maxwell, not Epstein. That statement doesn’t help much given Maxwell’s convictions for sexual offences.
I expect it might (just) have been possible to accept hospitality from Epstein and Maxwell and not get involved in sexual activity with the young masseurs. I can’t put PA in that category - he’s not an intelligent man but he’s not a moral one either

Atqui Sun 02-Jan-22 12:56:03

Today 12:09 Grany
Top Army chiefs want 'toxic' Prince Andrew to quit his nine military roles

Wonder how many of them have had sex with a prostitute

Atqui Sun 02-Jan-22 13:00:15

Not that it exonerates Andrews behaviour.

Iam64 Sun 02-Jan-22 13:03:00

Atqui. The girls in the Epstein/Maxwell case were sexually trafficked. That is not the same as prostitution

winterwhite Sun 02-Jan-22 13:06:11

Anniebach writes: I do believe Andrew had sex with the girl but I don’t believe she was distressed and forced to .

I agree, puts in a nutshell, and I'm not convinced that he knew that 17 was under age.

That doesn't mean that I'm 'sticking up for him'.

paddyann54 Sun 02-Jan-22 13:07:31

How many had sex with TRAFFICKED humans though Atqui and ther is the difference .Most ,not all.prostitutes are working for reasons of their own .Might be financial difficulties or drugs but its their choice .Not so with people who are trafficked,its a criminal offence to use people this way .

Galaxy Sun 02-Jan-22 13:07:33

It doesnt matter what you believe. It matters what the law is. As I have said before I might think that shoplifting is fun, the law states otherwise.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion