Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 18th January 2022

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 18-Jan-22 05:58:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry and cold outside here in brackley.
Yesterday was an interesting day as to getting my appointment in Oxford using buses , did in 3 buses both ways.
They looked at the ear, cleaned up and bandaged again ,so my surgery ill remove next week .
But today , usual tidy up and go to Bicester for usual .
Take Care,
Mick

Serendipity22 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:23:50

Hello Bonbon8888

smilesmile

muse Tue 18-Jan-22 14:29:07

Spotted a ?? typo in my post. Correct words + phrasing are:

? GrandmaSeaDragon. Yes ? flamingos, for myself and others, are our way of giving an emotional boost to raise the spirits of those facing ordeals or worries .

Welcome Bonbon8888. Cases here are starting to fall. As far as I’m aware the only legislation in UK is that from 11 November 2021 care homes must only allow individuals in who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or exempt).

Bonbon8888 Tue 18-Jan-22 13:27:18

Good morning from sunny Florida. We are having a cold spell here . Temperatures in the 40’s Fahrenheit. I lived in NY most of my life so I can relate to the bitter cold England experiences. We are all trying to stay healthy and sane here from the Omicron. It is spreading like wildfire here. Most of us intelligent people have been vaccinated and boostered up but there are many breakthrough cases every day . The ones hospitalized and dying are the unvaccinated. Our country sadly is divided politically and depending on your state the numbers vary. Our governor (DeSantis) is a follower of Trump and has penalized companies for mandating vaccinations . Sadly we will never achieve the “ herd immunity “necessary to help eradicate this virus . I don’t know how it is in England . Have a wonderful day and be safe. Bonnie?

Chrissielou Tue 18-Jan-22 13:05:59

Hugs received with thanks!

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 18-Jan-22 12:11:10

I’m a bit late to wish everyone a good morning, so I’ll say a good afternoon to everyone, I will have a read through after lunch.
Cold and frosty start in Oxfordshire , but now the fog has arrived it’s very gloomy, but we don’t have to go anywhere so all is good. We had a lovely roast yesterday in MissOops new house ( well not new but new to her) her first place with a decent oven, and a lovely pudding, we were spoilt.
Wouldn’t you think we wouldn’t be hungry this morning? Me too……
Have a good ‘rest of the day’ everyone and hugs for those who aren’t so chipper.

joyce6135 Tue 18-Jan-22 12:03:43

Just popping in to wish everyone a good day. My sleep pattern is all awry as I’m following the Aussie Open and with the time difference I’m going to bed in the early hours. Icy and cold here but the sun is out. Wishing all with troubles some joy today.

Grandmadinosaur Tue 18-Jan-22 11:46:56

Sending a hug for you and your daughter Chrissielou ?

Happy 70th Mr Kalu

muse Tue 18-Jan-22 11:27:40

??and ? for your DD Chrissilou ?.

muse Tue 18-Jan-22 11:25:29

Good morning Mick and all Morningsters. ???????
Slightly warmer today in mid Cornwall. I feel it’s just a lull. The frosty mornings are set to return.

I’m not a fan of green desserts too EkwaNimitee. Azaleas are one of my favourites for spring and asters for the autumn. Looking forward to seeing photos.

? GrandmaSeaDragon. Yes ?have a very use here on GM, in wishing anyone who needs an emotional boost to raise their spirits.

? Great Matt Urms.

Two beautiful scenic photos today??. I will get down your way soon Alizarin.

brook2704 Tue 18-Jan-22 11:19:35

Sending gentle hugs for your DD Chrissilou ?

EllanVannin Tue 18-Jan-22 11:04:41

Chrissielou x flowers

Grandmajean Tue 18-Jan-22 11:01:43

Thinking of you Chrissielouflowers

Serendipity22 Tue 18-Jan-22 10:56:46

Good morning Gwenisgreat1 i live in Yorkshire too, near Howarth. I love Harrogate ( or as us Yorkshire folk say "Arrogate" and "Aworth") its like dipping my toes into somewhere elegant and I have to say your charity shops are pretty tip top hahahaha.

Enjoy your sunny day Gwenisgreat1
sunshinesunshinesunshinesunshine

Chrissielou Tue 18-Jan-22 10:47:56

Good morning from a very frosty white Oxfordshire, it was sunny but is now rather grey. A very long gruelling day yesterday for my DD's 1st chemo session, I finally picked her up at 2130, she was exhausted, but the problems with severe pain finally sorted. So much to be thankful for, and it is one big step along the journey. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 18-Jan-22 10:05:42

Good Morning all from frosty Harrogate. Another very bad night, this is getting to be a habit, must find a mallet tonight! Hoping for a trip to Aldi anyway, I do love a rummage in the middle aisles.
Glad you and your ear are making progress Mick that has been painful.
Good Luck with your clinic appointment Dragonfly. Glad you are finding out more about your condition Marydoll makes it much easier to deal with.
Have the best day you can, folks.

Kalu Tue 18-Jan-22 09:57:40

Good morning all, a frosty start here in Glasgow.

A busier day than usual today as it is DH’s day to join the 70’s club but the celebrations won’t begin until DD1 and the girls arrive after school. Before that I have an appointment for a cut and blow dry, collect birthday cake and meds. and must remember to buy candles for the cake, not 70 though!
Thankfully much more improvement with fewer painkillers needed.

Have a good day all.

Blossoming Tue 18-Jan-22 09:35:28

Good morning Mick and everybody. I am still in bed drinking my tea, so I don’t know what the weather is like this morning. It’s definitely colder, currently -1°C. I successfully installed the new router so today will be packaging up the old kit to return for recycling.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?

monk08 Tue 18-Jan-22 09:31:46

Good morning from a sunny Black country.
43 posts already so will read everyone's news later.
Slept for over 8hrs most unusual but have nothing planned so will take the day as it comes.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating and virtual hugs where needed enjoy your Tuesday and may you all find some ?

Nannytopsy Tue 18-Jan-22 09:31:18

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Suffolk is cloudy according to BBC app but in fact it’s very frosty with a cloudless blue sky!
We are moving furniture around in bedrooms this morning as part of our decluttering. The table for the dolls house is a bit wonky so we have bought a new unit to sit it on, which has prompted the changes. This could be a struggle as one piece is rather tall …
Marydoll I feel your pain! Despite new hearing aids last year, DH still misses a lot. Will he go and get them tuned? What do you think?
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

GrannySomerset Tue 18-Jan-22 09:31:04

Glad Marydoll is being taken seriously and hope that provides a good outcome. Am impressed with Mick’s fortitude in getting himself to and from hospital by bus - an example to the wimpish (me).

Another frosty morning with a supermarket trip with my lovely neighbours so must finish my list. So many things no longer needed as DH’s various favourites aren’t required. It’s the little things which get you. This afternoon DH’s laptop is being returned with my stuff loaded on to it. Hope it works!

Barmeyoldbat Tue 18-Jan-22 09:25:59

Goodmorning allfrom a grey old North Somerset. Mr B has just left the house for his weekly pilate class that he loves. He is the only male in the class but gets invited to join in for coffee afterwards. Me, well I have finished my breakfast and I am sat with a hot water bottle on my iPad. At 9.30 I need to ring my daughter to wake her up as she is having her booster today and care staff will be coming at 9.45. Then I need to ring care staff to make sure they going in early, this is the third attempt at having a booster for my daughter. Then I will have to walk to the bike shop and pick up my bike which has just had a service and a clean I hope. Then it’s off to meet my gd, have lunch and shop for something for her to wear at her mums funeral. Reckon I will be truly tired at the end of the day. Still at least I am out and not at home running up huge heating bills. Keep well, warm and safe everyone and congrats to Marydoll on getting some action on her health problem.

EllanVannin Tue 18-Jan-22 09:07:35

Just looked back at Marydoll's post, laughing of course as usual as it's like being back home with mum and dad, as dad was the same. Mum called him a " woolgatherer" as he never took anything in. It was like a comedy show looking back.

However, at last, the puzzle over your heart condition has surfaced so we'll see what we'll see, perhaps.

Jaxjacky Tue 18-Jan-22 09:01:23

Good morning from a very frosty S Hants. I admire all the work you’re doing in your garden EkwaNimitee I hope you’ll have before and after photos.
Have a good day all ??.

Anniebach Tue 18-Jan-22 08:52:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

EkwaNimitee Tue 18-Jan-22 08:51:47

Good morning Mick and everyone from bright non-frosty Carlisle. You must be a bus timetable expert, Mick, I hope you don’t have to wait too long in the cold between buses.
Yesterday I fetched more sacks of bark mulch from the garden centre and spread them. They don’t go far. The garden is looking more like a garden instead of a green desert and I’ve ordered more shrubs for the new borders. I still have a generous garden centre token from DS1 to spend too. I want to get rhododendrons and shrub roses, rather expensive so the token won’t buy lots.
DS2 is off to catch up with a friend today so I will catch up with the ironing and maybe be out in the garden later removing more turf. That seems to be a popular activity round here though the neighbours are going for more hard surfaces not shrub borders. Rather like my last estate where we gardeners were also a small minority.
Wishing you all the best possible day.