Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's open-all-hours supportive kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 18-Jan-22 16:38:36

Here we are again
happy as can be
All good pals and
jolly good company...

Welcome! Buffet is ready and the bubbly is chilled. Come on in and enjoy each other's companionship. flowers

Hellogirl1 Thu 17-Feb-22 21:56:29

Lovely to read the good news of Soop`s progress. At this rate she`ll soon be back home. Thank you to Baggs and Mr. Soop.

Urmstongran Thu 17-Feb-22 20:59:29

‘Evening All’

Seems I might be the last poster on this particular thread. So much has happened in the last 6 weeks hasn’t it? As always, best wishes to soop during her rehab schedule.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 17-Feb-22 20:47:49

Delighted to hear soop is making progress.
I’ve baked mature cheddar cheese straws and gluten free olive and garlic straws.
Stay safe tonight everyone.

muse Thu 17-Feb-22 20:25:58

Hope everyone's safe over the next 24 hours.
Red Warning for the South West. Cornwall's getting it bad on the north coast - up to 100mph gusts. Many services have been cancelled and all schools close but I worry about the emergency and care services having to go out in it tomorrow.

We're mid Cornwall and just on the edge of the red warning band.. MrMuse has put the dumper in the doorway of the polytunnel and up ended the bucket.?? It worked last time - just.

Doodle Thu 17-Feb-22 20:10:29

Keep safe Galen. I hope the storm doesn’t cause trouble for any of the Kitcheners. Hope Soop is feeling more comfortable now.
Callistemon hold onto your roof and your knickers…..Eunice is coming.
I’ve been out tying down my garden posts.

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 17-Feb-22 19:54:21

Take care kitcheners. Does anyone know how to open a new kitchen?

cornergran Thu 17-Feb-22 19:01:53

Good news baggs. If my experience in a private hospital last year can be generalised there will be a good amount of rest time for our soop. Staff were very careful and oh so helpful and caring.

We’re also in the red zone. Flood warning too. Tomorrow’s plans for a meal with some family involving a drive along two motorways have been cancelled, hatches are battened, all we can do. Fortunately we saw our friend across the bridge today as both bridges are expected to be closed tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone.

Jaxjacky Thu 17-Feb-22 18:48:55

Galen Callistemon and others under a red warning, take care, amber here in Hampshire. We’ve had the GC’s after school, they’re hoping for school to be closed tomorrow, as it’s DD’s day off, she’s hoping not.
Our garden is battened town, tea lights and torch ready, mobiles charged.
I hope soop continues her excellent progress and is home as soon as possible.
Wishing you all a very peaceful evening x

dustyangel Thu 17-Feb-22 18:42:13

Hope you’re safe and warm all night Galen. Things always feel worse at night.

Grannmarie Thu 17-Feb-22 18:02:50

Galen, Callistemon, hope Eunice passes you by with no damage.??

Yummy brownies, BA, many happy returns to MrBA, enjoy your celebrations. ?

Good news at the opticians, Grandmabatty! You have a busy day planned for tomorrow, lovely baking and books for the wee boy!

Last year I was told that I have cataracts in both eyes ?, but it will be years before they need seeing to! However, my annual eye check for glaucoma has now been changed to every two years? I think a lot can change in two years ?.

I got my car back from the garage today, I was lost without it! They've replaced the CV joint, that's a new one on me, but the squeaking noise has gone so I'm thankful for that.

I hope the Soops have a peaceful night, and are soon reunited.??

brook2704 Thu 17-Feb-22 17:49:50

Take care Callistemon and everyone else too, this storm is really scary!

Callistemon21 Thu 17-Feb-22 17:45:01

I sat in our conservatory yesterday afternoon, Marydoll and thought the roof was coming off! I don't think we got it as badly as Scotland yesterday, either.

Let's hope there is not too much damage tonight and tomorrow.

Marydoll Thu 17-Feb-22 17:40:39

I saw that Callistemon, I hope you and those in the path of the storm stay safe and are not too badly affected.

Last night, I had to abandon our conservatory, I thought the roof was coming off! It was really scary.

Callistemon21 Thu 17-Feb-22 17:36:21

Galen

I’m in the red warning area for storm Eunice. So wish me luck

I hope you're high enough up, Galen, stay safe!
I wondered what was meant by Storm Surge up the Bristol Channel. We're bracing ourselves here.

brook2704 Thu 17-Feb-22 17:29:06

Take care Galen and stay indoors where it’s safe
Thank you for the yummy brownies BA delish …. ?

mrshat Thu 17-Feb-22 17:02:48

Thank you for the update Baggs . Great to have positive news.

Galen stay safe and warm - Eunice seems to be very vicious!

TillyTrotter Thu 17-Feb-22 16:33:32

I can’t choose between those 3 types of Brownie BladeAnnie. Thank you MrBA , and a Very Happy Birthday ? ? ? ? ? ?
Would it be awfully greedy if I have one of each …… please…? ?

Sit tight Galen and I hope you ride out this storm with power intact, and very little damage ?.

SueDonim Thu 17-Feb-22 16:22:05

Useful.

SueDonim Thu 17-Feb-22 16:21:55

Fingers crossed for you, Galen. ?

I’ve grown to loath these storm warnings. I know they’re usually but they seem so foreboding.

BladeAnnie Thu 17-Feb-22 16:10:09

Yes almost time for a new kitchen ?. Just popping in to share Mr BA's birthday brownies before we get ready to go out for an early curry and a tipple or two I should imagine! Stay safe everyone from incoming Eunice ??☔ . TOYA ?

Galen Thu 17-Feb-22 16:09:49

I’m in the red warning area for storm Eunice. So wish me luck

Blossoming Thu 17-Feb-22 15:59:52

I’m glad Dudley didn’t trouble you SueDonim, let’s hope Eunice behaves like a lady smile

Nannyfaraway Thu 17-Feb-22 15:16:33

Thanks Baggs that is great news about Soop

Grandmabatty Thu 17-Feb-22 14:55:04

I'm picking up dgs1 from playgroup tomorrow. The main event near me is to be snow. ? To that end, I have made chocolate cakes and peanut butter cookies. I'll maybe go to Aldi first thing in the morning unless I'm knee deep in snow. A visit to the optician this morning was good news. No need to change my prescription and the cataract isn't worthy of notice. Then I went to the book shop and bought loads of lovely picture books for dgs1 to keep at my house. Dgs2 will make use of them too when he's bigger. I'm going to have a cuppa now. Take care kitcheners, especially those further south.

Bellanonna Thu 17-Feb-22 14:40:35

Oh yes, Tilly, it’s nearly that time again. This kitchen has really flown past. Lovely daffodils by the way! Mine are still struggling to come out.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion