Gransnet forums

Chat

So worried about husband

(66 Posts)
Fidelity2 Thu 27-Jan-22 05:44:42

Husband taken to hospital about 12.30 am. Had severe pain across the top of his abdomen. I Can't sleep but so tired. He vomited his food back. We ate very late, as we had been to
hospital appointment related to kidney problems. (I was allowed to go with him for that appointment) .There is nobodyI can talk to .Our son lives hundred miles away.

Redhead56 Thu 27-Jan-22 10:02:10

Fidelity2 I hope you manage to get some sleep your husband is being looked after in safe hands. Keep us updated on anything it’s easier if you share worries or concerns.?

Jane43 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:59:36

He is in the right place. I understand your worries, we had a similar experience with DH last year which turned out to be a gall bladder problem. There was no visiting but we were able to speak on our phones. You will feel better when you know exactly what the problem is, take care.

Witzend Thu 27-Jan-22 09:50:00

Thinking of you, Fidelity, and ?? for some reassuring news very soon.

seacliff Thu 27-Jan-22 09:46:44

This is when Gransnet comes into its own. Support and a virtual hand held, when no one else is around.

Hope you hear soon and it's good news thanks

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 27-Jan-22 09:46:05

Hello Fidelity I am so sorry you have had such a frightening night. You will be shattered. I hope you have managed to contact your son by now. Perhaps you may have been able to get an update from the hospital. Look after yourself today . Try to eat some small meals. Thinking of you.

Aldom Thu 27-Jan-22 09:45:50

Keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and hoping for the best. It's the not knowing that is so hard isn't it. Let's hope that in a few hours you will have some information to help put your mind at rest. flowers

Smileless2012 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:45:10

Hopefully you'll find out what the problem is today Fidelity and you'll be able to catch up on some sleep today.

Best wishes for you and your DHflowers.

Shandy57 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:44:35

Best wishes to your husband Fidelity2, I hope he is comfortable.

glammanana Thu 27-Jan-22 09:39:48

I'm so sorry to hear this Fidelity hopefully they have managed to ease the pain and find the problem,hopefully you have managed a few hours sleep.flowers

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 27-Jan-22 09:29:52

So sorry Fidelity. As someone said earlier things are always worse in the night. Now it’s light and I hope you’re drinking plenty of tea, perhaps a piece of toast to keep you going. I hope you get some good news when you phone. Do keep in touch and let us know how things are, there are always friends here to talk to.?

Luckygirl3 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:26:44

I am sorry this has happened and hope very much that there will be a clear diagnosis and plan of action soon.

Yammy Thu 27-Jan-22 09:23:28

Thinking of you Fidelity. You must be frantic. I hope when you phone this morning you get some good news.
If you only get nurses on the line you can request a talk to a Consultant ,it might be on line but will reassure you your husband is being made comfortable and getting the appropriate treatment.
I hope you manage to get a sleep.flowers

Grannmarie Thu 27-Jan-22 09:15:57

Thinking of you and your DH, Fidelity.
I hope you manage to get some rest, and get news from the hospital soon.
It's the waiting and not knowing that make things harder, once you have a clear picture of what is wrong with your husband and what can be done to treat him, you can begin to cope with it.
???

Coastpath Thu 27-Jan-22 09:12:55

Thinking of you this morning Fidelity and hope that you get good news from the hospital soon. Make sure you look after yourself.

Serendipity22 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:09:18

Thinking of you and your husband Fidelity.

He is certainly in the right place, yes it is huge worry for you both. They will do tests on him and rectify the cause..... thoughts with you x

TillyTrotter Thu 27-Jan-22 09:07:35

Kali2 has said exactly what I would have written Fidelity.
It is particularly upsetting when these emergencies happen in the night and you face the next day with sleep deprivation.
Please take care of yourself, and ring the hospital for an update on your DH. ?

ElaineI Thu 27-Jan-22 09:06:41

Sorry to hear this. Things seem worse in middle of the night. Hope you have some news now and try to rest a bit today ?

Kali2 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:04:35

Thinking of you, do send news when you can.

Hope you were able to talk to your son even though he is so far away.

ayse Thu 27-Jan-22 09:00:11

I too hope you have good news today. It’s difficult when you don’t know what’s wrong and are waiting for information. I hope you managed some sleep.?

Sparklefizz Thu 27-Jan-22 08:55:30

I hope you have good news today Fidelity. Also hope you managed to get some sleep. flowers

Patsy70 Thu 27-Jan-22 08:48:15

Thinking of you Fidelity and hoping you managed to get some sleep and that you will be able to see your husband today. Please keep in touch. flowers

sodapop Thu 27-Jan-22 08:34:23

I hope you have good news today as well Fidelity fingers crossed flowers

Katyj Thu 27-Jan-22 08:33:50

Hope you have some answers today Fidelity. At least he’s in the right place and you may get to the bottom of what’s wrong sooner now. It’s never easy trying to speak to someone on the ward, so hope he has a phone with him. flowers

Yiayia4 Thu 27-Jan-22 08:18:51

Hope you get some good news today Fidelity?

janeainsworth Thu 27-Jan-22 08:13:18

Thinking of you Fidelity and I hope you’re able to visit your husband some time today and he’s being well looked after.