Gransnet forums

Chat

Not sure if I am allowed to ask this on here.....

(196 Posts)
Sarnia Tue 22-Feb-22 11:02:27

As a fairly newish poster I may be breaking Gransnet rules by asking this question but here goes. Alegrias1 is a frequent and lively poster on here, usually on the more in-depth topics but I haven't seen any responses from her in a while. I have been wondering if she is ok. I hope she is.

FannyCornforth Fri 25-Feb-22 13:22:33

Galaxy you don’t go on at all!
And I certainly couldn’t accuse anyone of that!
I’m grateful for what you’ve told me about reporting.
And yes, MN have been very brave, and I applaud them too

Galaxy Thu 24-Feb-22 20:24:02

Ah I am sure that will make him happy Marydoll.

Marydoll Thu 24-Feb-22 20:14:12

He does Galaxy, but he is always very pleasant!
He could be the surrogate grandson, I never had! I suspect I am too old to be his mother! wink

Galaxy Thu 24-Feb-22 20:12:03

He gets a bit of stick on MN does Michael but I think it's often when things are getting a bit tetchy and I dont really blame the moderators or the MN posters for that. They have to step a much more difficult line on MN I think.
Sorry fanny if I go on about how GN reporting works, I often defend them because MN and therefore GN have been very brave in terms of freedom of speech and womens rights so their prize is my loyalty grin

Callistemon21 Thu 24-Feb-22 16:43:09

?

I'll bake him a ?

Marydoll Thu 24-Feb-22 16:13:53

Oh dear, should we be talking about him, behind his back? wink

Callistemon21 Thu 24-Feb-22 15:46:05

FannyCornforth

Michael seems very nice

I wonder if he likes ?
We used to bribe the old lot with a piece or two ?

FannyCornforth Thu 24-Feb-22 14:09:38

Great minds Mary ?

FannyCornforth Thu 24-Feb-22 14:09:09

Michael seems very nice

Marydoll Thu 24-Feb-22 14:08:29

JaneJudge

No one has reported this otherwise Micheal may have appeared but I don't if it is the same Micheal that shouldn't be mentioned either

Michael always seems like a nice young man, Perhaps he is enjoying the thread too. ?

JaneJudge Thu 24-Feb-22 14:01:25

No one has reported this otherwise Micheal may have appeared but I don't if it is the same Micheal that shouldn't be mentioned either

FannyCornforth Thu 24-Feb-22 13:56:32

Iam64

Do we conclude the current mods take a more relaxed view?

As Galaxy taught me a while ago, things only get deleted if they are reported.
Evidently no one has reported this

FannyCornforth Thu 24-Feb-22 13:54:08

Not with his helmet then?
(Picture is Erica Roe)

Callistemon21 Thu 24-Feb-22 13:53:44

Iam64

No, I think they're too busy on Mumsnet and they probably think we won't misbehave at our age ?

Callistemon21 Thu 24-Feb-22 13:50:24

Galaxy

I do think you cant expect every rule to be listed. I once worked at an organisation where a volunteer took all their clothes off whilst volunteering, we didnt have that specific issue in the volunteer guidance shock but we thought it was a given.

There is no rule that a woman can't go shopping naked in town, it's not an offence and you couldn't call it public indecency because she had a lovely figure!

I remember a very young policeman running after her, taking off his jacket and placing it gently round her shoulders.

Iam64 Thu 24-Feb-22 13:41:51

Marydoll Thu 24-Feb-22 12:33:12

I know, Maggiemaybe. I didn't know whether to mention that, or not. RIP. J. She was funny, but outrageous.

When certain members were sent to the Doghouse, we were also told off for mentioning that. I have tried to back track and find the messages from GNHQ, but no success.

FannyCornforth Thu 24-Feb-22 12:30:25

Jings?

Maggiemaybe Thu 24-Feb-22 12:26:28

She did, Marydoll. smile It was funny but I was so sorry to see her go (yet again). And then of course we lost her forever.

JaneJudge Thu 24-Feb-22 12:16:37

no way! shock

though I have received PMs which were meant to be on threads, so I shouldn't be so surprised

Marydoll Thu 24-Feb-22 12:00:54

Lona

Freudian slip MD? ??

Probably! grin I am not the sharpest tool in the toolbox today.

One poster, who was banned and was being discussed on a thread, accidently outed herself, by posting a PM on the thread in error, instead of send sending it.

That did amuse me!

MerylStreep Thu 24-Feb-22 12:00:12

I do believe the ex member being discussed is back posting.
It’s very difficult to change your style and especially your phraseology.

Lauren59 Thu 24-Feb-22 11:57:17

Shinamae

I crossed sauce with her a couple of times but enjoyed reading her comments…

I really like “crossed sauce” and think I’ll use it instead of “crossed swords” from now on! ?

Lona Thu 24-Feb-22 11:53:25

Freudian slip MD? ??

Marydoll Thu 24-Feb-22 11:48:02

I can only talk from my own personal experience over the last seven years and can definitely confirm that we were old off for asking where a poster was.