Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 11th March 2022

(92 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 11-Mar-22 06:06:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here but its dry and a clear sky this morning in brackley .
Yesterdays bus trip was busy as it looks like more are using buses , mind you with petrol station queing could be one thing .
But Its getting very much like spring ,today I plan on a few hours in Bicester as its a market day there.
I also have also received an email as to a planned trip to Harrogate and York , March next year over 5 days and staying in Harrogate at the Cairn Hotel , the coach rip operator sent me the sneaky due to my recommending the hotel.
Take Care,
Mick

NannyG4 Fri 11-Mar-22 22:50:52

GM...... I'm a lurker.... Always read but never post on this truly supportive, caring and friendly thread.... I'm truly sorry to read your sad post this morning and send you much love, you sound one hell of a lady. Take good care, dig deep and be kind to yourself xx

Mapleleaf Fri 11-Mar-22 18:40:20

madeleine45, welcome to this thread. Marydoll has said just what I feel - and everyone else here feels, I’m sure. We were, all of us, newbies at one time, and you have as much right as anyone else to put forward an observation, opinion, etc. I hope you’ll stay with us. ?

Maria59 Fri 11-Mar-22 18:26:29

Just catching up as we have been out all day. I went to local minor injuries clinic as my sprained thumb isn't healing found it is actually fractured.
GrandMattie I am so sorry to hear your news I'm sure you will find strength from your many friends on here. I can never understand when bad things happen to such good people thanks

Jamie Fri 11-Mar-22 16:51:28

grandMattie
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. You have been having such a hard time of late and have faced all your problems with patience and good grace.At the same time supporting and sympathizing with others.
I hope that you can find the strength to persevere and that your husband will be comfortable and pain free. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayersflowers
gingster hope all goes well for your daughter's treatment also.flowers

dragonfly46 Fri 11-Mar-22 16:45:09

Well said Marydoll.

Marydoll Fri 11-Mar-22 16:34:59

madeleine, you have the same rights as all of us to join this group and are very welcome to join in. We were all newbies once upon a time.
All posts are appreciated and equally as valuable..

madeleine45 Fri 11-Mar-22 16:21:01

I would like to say how sorry I am to hear your news grandmattie. I have followed your posts with interest but feel as a newcomer I do not have the right to butt into your closeknit group but you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

SusieB50 Fri 11-Mar-22 16:20:17

Grandmattie,? I’m always too late to post on this “Good morning” thread but always read after lunch. Such sad news for you and DH. Well done for getting district nursing and hospice teams onboard quickly. They were my life line and so supportive.

Yiayia4 Fri 11-Mar-22 15:02:43

Grandmattie I don’t post on here but just to say thinking of you.?

P1234 Fri 11-Mar-22 14:56:57

Grandmattieflowers

knspol Fri 11-Mar-22 13:57:05

Grand Mattie, have never posted on this site before but often read it. Just wanted to express my sincere sympathy to you and your dear husband at such a dreadful time. It seems you have lots of friends on here and I hope they are of some comfort to you. Take care dear lady.

dustyangel Fri 11-Mar-22 13:54:20

Newquay you and your DH have been having worrying health problems too. I’m so glad that he’s safely home again, I hope he makes good progress now.

Curlywhirly Fri 11-Mar-22 13:49:04

Grandmattie thanks

hulahoop Fri 11-Mar-22 12:44:40

I have only just read good morning thread we are having stair and through lounge carpets cleaned ,GRANMATTIE sorry to read your news ? your oh sounds a very thoughtful man take care both of you .

joyce6135 Fri 11-Mar-22 12:34:07

GranMattie flowers.

Jan16 Fri 11-Mar-22 12:21:21

Grandmattie I very seldom post on here but on reading your such sad news wanted to say how sorry to hear such devastating news. Makes my problems seem so tiny in comparison

Newquay Fri 11-Mar-22 12:18:55

SO sorry to hear GM’s sad news ? and ? and Ginster too. I’m late as have spent morning looking after DH, first day home from hospital after severe UTI-one doc said “you were seriously ill when you came in” didn’t we know it!
Late posting and reading cos phone call from district nurse who will let us have appointment at ambulatory catheter clinic-thank goodness-after I had to phone ward to chase up his referral! He’s nodded off twice so far but had a shower.

Auntieflo Fri 11-Mar-22 11:58:47

Grandmattie. so sorry to read your news, but you will be held in so many people's hearts and prayers. Keep strong and know that you are loved.

Blossoming Fri 11-Mar-22 11:47:06

Good morning Mick and everybody. Light rain in my corner of Lancashire this morning, currently 12°C.

I’m late up this morning thanks to a violent attack of diarrhoea during the night. Fortunately it was short lived but I didn’t sleep well. Consequently I have no real plans for today, will feed the ever hungry washing machine and sort out some jewellery for a charity donation. I do feel rather better than yesterday though, the awful dragging fatigue has receded.

I’m very sorry to hear your news Grandmattie, I hope your OH can access some effective pain relief during the coming months.

How lovely to spend time with the new baby Shazza, precious moments. Love the gym bag!

Keeping my fingers crossed for your daughter today Gingster.

Hope your appointment goes well FannyC and glad to have been of help.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?

Doodle Fri 11-Mar-22 11:08:46

grandMattie I don’t post much on this thread but I do read it.
What a shock you must have had. So sorry to hear the news of your husband, I hope he keeps comfortable and I pray for strength for you and your family in the months to come. ?

gillgran Fri 11-Mar-22 10:44:50

Good Morning to you all from a dry, sunny, breezy N.,Cambs.,

So sorry to read your news, grandMattie, you are in my thoughts & prayers. Take care of yourself, as well as your DH & family.

Gingster, I hope your daughter continues to get the treatment & help she needs.

Warm wishes to you all, flowers

muse Fri 11-Mar-22 10:30:56

Good morning Morningsters. It’s a grey Cornish day with much planned to keep me busy.

Such sad news GrandMattie. I hope all that support continues throughout. Take care of yourself too. ?

All best wishes for your DDs treatment today Ginster?

TillyTrotter Fri 11-Mar-22 10:23:27

Such a sad post from you today Grandmattie, thinking of you and your husband in the light of his diagnosis. Sorry.
There are no words, but love is overflowing on here for you special lady ? ?

ShazzaKanazza Fri 11-Mar-22 10:19:51

Ooh it worked never put a pic on before x

ShazzaKanazza Fri 11-Mar-22 10:19:19

Ready to go to the gym with my lovely grandMattie bag. This lovely lady made it out of the kindness of her heart despite having so much to already deal with. You have so many friends on here who all care about you?