Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 6th May 2022

(48 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 06-May-22 05:58:32

Good Morning Everyone,
awake to another bright start , dry and a clear sky here in brackley this morning.
Today ,an early shop then start to ready myself packing wise for tomorrow although its just a one night stay .
I will watch cycling on TV most of the day with the Tour of Italy , otherwise known as the Giro starts for the next 3 weeks .
Take Care ,
Mick

Pamrc1 Fri 06-May-22 12:17:00

What a beautiful soul, and how lucky he was to have a neighbour who has such lovely thoughts memories and appreciation of his life thanks

Joesoap Fri 06-May-22 12:10:55

Good afternoon, greetings from a cloudy but warm Sweden, sitting in a phone queue for an hour, not getting anywhere fast.

Feelingmyage55 Fri 06-May-22 11:50:38

Good morning somewhat late. I had a migraine and have slept in. I wanted to say that I hope all of you with medical challenges for you and your get some positive help today.
Spring is here and there is beauty in the nature all around us. It helps me and I hope it can help you all too. On a lighter note, there is always ???

EkwaNimitee Fri 06-May-22 11:25:29

A late Good Morning to you Mick and all from a now wet Carlisle. I managed to pop into town and then B&Q in the dry. The latter have quite a good selection of plants at the mo and I bought some decent sized lavenders at far less than the outrageous prices at one garden centre I visited recently.
I spent an evening of anxiety yesterday, my prolapse is worsening in spite of the exercises I have done for the past fortnight. I contacted the surgery but am not on the doc's list until Monday. It's all restricting my life rather as I don't want to aggravate it. I'm afraid I'm a rather squeamish, anxiety prone person where health is concerned but after all, it's not a life threatening condition.
So, a careful catch up with housework this morning and more admin. I got my holiday cancellation insurance form off to the doc this morning so no doubt there will be a bill in due course. It's a pity doctors have to spend so much time on this bureaucracy.
I hope you get a good result from the consultant grandMattie.
And commiseration re your neighbour Ashcombe, it's sad to lose a good one and possibly worry about the next one.

Do have a good day if possible, everyone, you too Marydoll

harrigran Fri 06-May-22 10:38:30

Late good morning from an overcast NE.
Sat on the computer until the early hours and then slept in this morning.
The vaccine that gave me the least reaction was the Moderna, I had only a sore shoulder whereas the Pfizer made me feel quite poorly.
I hope you get the palliative care for your DH gM, it is too much for one person to cope with.
A quiet day today although I said that yesterday and GDs turned up after school. GD1 had an interview at a 6th form College where she said they offered her a place, we did remind her that she still had to pass her exams.
Those on holiday, enjoy.

dustyangel Fri 06-May-22 10:38:18

Good morning all, a beautiful blue sky and sunshine again today and I hope it doesn’t cloud over like yesterday.

Now I’m going to catch up with you all.

BlueSapphire Fri 06-May-22 09:54:50

Good morning everyone from a beautiful sunny ? day in Northampton. My usual Friday outing to the shops, a snack at lunchtime, then back to more weeding this afternoon.

A day full of exercise yesterday - I tried a tap class for the first time and loved it - so much that I bought the shoes! That was followed by a ballet class, and for once I remembered the routine and which steps came next in the sequence! We also learned a tarantella, which I need yet to master.

Then a quick look in the charity shop where I bought two books, then home. Planted out my ceanothus, scattered forget-me-not and lavatera seeds and did some much needed weeding. Had a quick shower then out for an evening health walk, and afterwards a meal in the pub with a friend.

So sorry to hear of your neighbour, Ash.

Hope the sun shines on all today, especially those struggling. flowersflowers

Anniebach Fri 06-May-22 09:36:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

dragonfly46 Fri 06-May-22 09:32:15

Thank you ginny I love it!!

aggie Fri 06-May-22 09:27:17

Good morning from a wet Co Armagh, the garden needs it so no complaints
I’m getting my booster next week , I’m watching and hoping not to join those with reactions ! I hope you all feel better today xx

Chrissielou Fri 06-May-22 09:24:34

A lovely morning in Oxfordshire. I'm very much looking forward to the weekend, nothing exciting planned but just gardening, walking the dog and relaxing is what is needed.
Lots of poorly people on here today, I hope you feel better very soon and Ash, a very sad time for you.
Wishing you all a good day.

Blossoming Fri 06-May-22 09:21:07

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s cloudy in my corner of Lancashire, currently 13°C.

Just a flying visit as we are off out today and I must get a wiggle on. Will catch up on the thread later.

Hope you all have as good a day as possible ???

Chris3 Fri 06-May-22 08:55:15

Good morning form South Yorkshire where the sun is trying to put in an appearance. Sad day here yesterday with a house fire up the road and sadly the old gentleman has died ?
On a more positive note we are going for a walk this morning round some national trust gardens so that should cheer me up. Have a good day all xx

Urmstongran Fri 06-May-22 08:54:40

A virtual hug for you this morning GrannySomerset. x

hulahoop Fri 06-May-22 08:52:26

First job this morning was doing a covi D test it was negative ,I ache everywhere just going to stand in shower ?hopefully that will help .?to those with illness themselves or family members .

ginny Fri 06-May-22 08:50:58

For Dragonfly46

Grannmarie Fri 06-May-22 08:43:01

Good morning Mick enjoy your wee break, good morning all, from sunny Ibiza!
? Grandmadinosaur, your holiday begins as ours ends, this is our last day, we've had a wonderful week. Enjoy the sunshine !
Sar, your holiday sounds fantastic!
Best wishes to all on holidays, trips or visiting family.

Sending love and prayers to all who need/wish them, especially those with illness, worries or sorrow.
Condolences, Ash.flowers
Marydoll, I hope you can manage a nap today and get some rest.
Kind thoughts to Grandmattie and DH, and to the Grans caring for their dear daughters, hoping you all have the best day possible. ??

Grammaretto Fri 06-May-22 08:40:00

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I woke up to a damp world and have just walked round the vegetable garden checking for slug damage.

After yesterdays exertions - I walked 6 miles along the Fife coastal path - I shall have a gentler day, yoga and our much postponed Christmas night out with the "girls".

There is no right or wrong, better or worse grandMattie
Whatever you do and whatever DH wants or needs at this time will be best. I am full of admiration for you.

I hope your cough clears up soon MD , that must be exhausting.

Have the best day you can everyone.

NannyJan53 Fri 06-May-22 08:39:23

Good morning from a sunny Black Country

Day 6 of incarceration, still coughing, still positive, so no news to report as doing nothing much but reading. Finished “Where the Crawdads Sing” yesterday, enjoyed that more than I thought I would.

So sorry to hear about your neighbour Ashcombe he sounded like a lovely man.

Thoughts with all who are experiencing struggles and ill health

Wishing you all a good day

GrannySomerset Fri 06-May-22 08:36:37

My sore arm post vaccination is trivial in comparison with the tribulations of Marydoll and grandMattie and those with DDs having a worrying time. A quiet day for me, I think, as yesterday’s Pfizer has made me feel quite fragile and I have only myself to think about - sadly.

Marydoll Fri 06-May-22 08:13:44

Good morning all from a wet Glasgow. It must be bad DH has cancelled the golf.

A short one from me today. I have been coughing since 4,45am, and I can't stop, I am exhausted.

I wish all those who are struggling a gentle day, those who are on holiday, a joyful one and a speedy recovery to all who are ill.

Gingster Fri 06-May-22 08:06:42

Good morning all and we’re in for some lovely weather ?.
We could do with lots of rain overnight though!

I had a nice long coffee morning yesterday with one of my old pals while DH was out with his friends for breakfast. Today we will meet up with our usual pub gang for lunch and maybe, as it’s warm, sit on the patio in the sunshine.

Ash sad news for you. Lovely neighbours are so important. You will miss him.

Lots of grans away at the moment. How lovely! Enjoy!

Mick have a nice night away. Change us as good as a rest , they say! Can you tell us where you’re off to? Perhaps a mystery tour?

Sar your day out sounds exciting.
GG - hope you get your house back today and a better nights sleep tonight. ?

I hope you all have a good day. ???

dragonfly46 Fri 06-May-22 08:02:12

I like the sound of the wicker dragonfly Ginny.

dragonfly46 Fri 06-May-22 07:59:41

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Sorry to hear about your neighbour Ash. Good neighbours do make a difference. We have just exchanged our grumpy one for a lovely one!
I hope your DHs oncologist has a plan GrandMattie and that your DD is feeling better GG.

Nordic Walking this morning in the sunshine then a day pottering in the garden.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Georgesgran Fri 06-May-22 07:58:36

Good morning from an overcast Durham. Owls kept me awake for most of the night!
A coffee day today - old friend this morning at a local garden centre, then more coffee with someone else later.
Gardener here today, but I’ll probably miss him.
Sad about your neighbor Ash but some better news so far today on this thread. Hope your oncologist has a plan gM - ours was a great help. X