Gransnet forums

Chat

Repeat prescriptions!

(23 Posts)
Audi10 Mon 23-May-22 12:54:06

Must be a world record sent our repeat prescriptions over to our drs ( online) at 9pm last night! To be sorted they then sent over to our local pharmacy to be dispensed saying 3 days! Lo and behold was ready to pick up at 10.30 this morning! Can’t fault that !

Baggs Mon 23-May-22 12:55:12

Magic! ?

Baggs Mon 23-May-22 12:57:23

PS I mean that in the best possible way!

Audi10 Mon 23-May-22 12:58:25

Yeh! I realised it was said in a nice way Baggs! Thanks

Georgesgran Mon 23-May-22 13:01:40

I’ve ordered mine today - it will be ready to collect on Thursday!

Oldbat1 Mon 23-May-22 13:07:03

Mine is on monthly automatic repeat but is never ready when it is due! Often the pharmacy doesn’t have correct drugs (mine is very common drug)??? Our local Boots pharmacy/shop doesn’t open until 11am currently and you often join a very long queue. We live in a very nice area but struggle to find staff.

Spinnaker Mon 23-May-22 13:23:02

We may have the same surgery Audi10. I did ours late yesterday afternoon and had a text message at 9.25 am to say they were ready for collection ! Gobsmacked but pleased all the same smile

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 23-May-22 13:33:08

We used to have to give our pharmacy (at the surgery) three working days’ notice. Then it was seven days. Next it was seven working days. Last month it took them 11 days and they have closed the pharmacy three afternoons a week during May to cope with the backlog. I despair.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 23-May-22 13:42:25

I collect my repeat prescription from the pharmacist at the Health Centre. I send an email once a month and it’s usually ready for collection in two or three days. I’m glad I don’t have to pay prescription charges as I have 8 items on my list!

AGAA4 Mon 23-May-22 13:44:13

My pharmacy is quite good. It used to be 24 hours from ordering. Now it's 48 hours.

They did get a bit snippy once when I went straight from the doctors with my prescription for antibiotics. I had a very painful UTI.
They said "can't this wait for a few days?". The answer was No.

Elizabeth27 Mon 23-May-22 14:41:05

I tend to order mine at about 2 am, when I take my statins, I order via the app and am still amazed when it is ready to collect from the pharmacy 12 hours later. Excellent service.

Kate1949 Mon 23-May-22 14:45:26

Our system is fantastic. Yesterday when I had 16 days of tablets left, I had a text to say my next prescription is ready. We don't even have to ask for it. Marvellous.

grannyrebel7 Mon 23-May-22 14:51:34

I don't understand why, if you're on the same medication for years, why they can't just give you say 6 months supply for example. I absolutely detest having to faff around with prescriptions every month.

MissAdventure Mon 23-May-22 14:53:19

I think my prescription experience is world record breaking, but not in a good way, unfortunately.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 23-May-22 15:05:38

grannyrebel, some of the drugs I take they will only dispense four weeks’ worth at a time - they’re Class A. I think dishing pills out once a month is safest for patients and best NHS cash flow. I’m very grateful that my medication is available and have no gripes with ordering once a month - a small price to pay even when I was working full time.

Mine Mon 23-May-22 17:00:40

I wish I could go and collect my repeat prescription from the surgery but since covid it has to be picked up by the pharmacy... It takes 4 days for the whole process and then a text to say its ready to pick up....

Nannagarra Mon 23-May-22 17:07:25

I use repeat dispensing if that helps grannyrebel7. Each month I phone the pharmacist so he knows I’m ready for the next lot, he checks he has the tablets and ten minutes later they’re ready for me. Gone are my days of ticking boxes on a prescription in the surgery.

Pittcity Mon 23-May-22 17:07:52

I get 6 months supply prescribed at once but the pharmacy issue it monthly. They collect a fee for each prescription filled so they get 6 fees if doing it this way. They say it's to prevent waste but they post the tablets to me so it costs them in postage and packaging each time. I don't pay a penny!

BlueSapphire Mon 23-May-22 17:34:20

I order mine online one day, they are delivered to my house the next; can't complain about that!

Maggiemaybe Mon 23-May-22 17:38:37

Same here, BlueSapphire. I did query recently whether we should be getting them delivered as we’re both pretty healthy, but the cheery lady bringing them assured me the service is there for everyone.

MissAdventure Mon 23-May-22 17:41:53

I can't get mine delivered as I "don't meet the criteria" here, apparently.
I use an online only service, but it is pretty long winded.

monk08 Mon 23-May-22 18:20:08

Our pharmacy orders DHs prescription and texts when ready usually every 3-4 wks

biglouis Mon 23-May-22 18:26:09

Mine gets delivered to my door every 4 weeks. Officially I have to have a medication review every year but now its more like every 18 months!