Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 24th May 2022

(76 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 24-May-22 05:56:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey sky start , with a wet ground at the moment here in brackley .
Todays plans , as its the final week of the Tour of Italy cycle race , todays stage as early TV coverage for the start , so plan to watch that , and then do my usual to Bicester on the bus as long as the race drama does not start early .
Take Care,
Mick

Mapleleaf Tue 24-May-22 08:37:15

Morning all,

It’s a lovely bright start to the day, though cooler with more breeze.

Not a lot on the agenda today other than a few routine jobs.

I hope you manage to get a little rest today Grandmattie and that your DH has better day, too.

I enjoyed a stir fry last night for dinner, I had some left over beef steak and sliced it into strips with a few vegetables and chilli sauce - it made a nice change. Sometimes, you get a bit stuck for what to have for a meal, don’t you?

Take care, everyone.

harrigran Tue 24-May-22 08:38:38

Good morning from the NE where it is cloudy.
Yesterday SIL and I went to our local wildlife reserve with binoculars and camera, had a few hours of fresh air and a fair bit of exercise. The lake is quite a noisy place with the geese at present but lovely to watch the chicks with their parents.
I fell asleep after lunch so SIL decided to go home and not stay for dinner, think I overdid the exercise.
Laundry today and some housework.
DD is coming to the UK for a few days, arriving on late train out of London.
Thinking of you grandMattie, hope you have a better day.

Newquay Tue 24-May-22 08:47:50

Good morning from this lurker in Staffs where it’s a lovely sunny start.
Haven’t been able to post for days-I seemed to have been locked out!
Wanted to ask ladyleftfield (?) if her children share a birthday; our 2 DDs were born on the same date 2 years and 36 minutes apart-we’ve heard every joke about regular habits thank you! ?
My heart goes out to GM and others coping with difficult situations.
We’re awaiting phone appointment with urology nurse for DH. I do find “patient advocate” role quite demanding as I’m sure do others here

EkwaNimitee Tue 24-May-22 08:52:55

Good morning Mick and everyone from brightish Carlisle. Another day of a bit of sun and quite a bit of cloud and showers again I think. I got the front lawn mowed yesterday and fed the patches missed before. It's been a rather sick looking lawn until recently.
Housework and admin this morning and hopefully some gardening after lunch. I have DS1 and family arriving this weekend, my mind's a complete blank about what to cook for them. In spite of a row of interesting cookbooks, I've got to be a lazy cook and have also quite lost confidence in cooking for others even if they are my own family. I'm hoping we'll be eating out most days!

Always in my thoughts grandMattie and wishing you and your DH better days.

Stilllearning Tue 24-May-22 08:58:11

Morning from S Lanarkshire, nice big patches of blue sky so ?

Hope the next 24 hours are better than the last grandMattie, and that your ‘empty’ at least means you can get some rest.

Mick, one of my sons in law is cycling up the Alpe d’Duez today. He is a keen cyclist and goes with a friend every spring to try a new challenge. It seems to be important that he does it without stopping? Or I may have that wrong!

Wishing everyone a pleasant day and that your DD feels a bit better soon Gingster ???

Nannagarra Tue 24-May-22 09:20:13

Good morning from Sefton where it is overcast and dry.
Takes of cruising Ashcombe and of Carcassonne Sar53 sound delightful but I am concerned about Pantglas - if she works too hard she’ll end up with the job!
?
Gentle pottering is on my agenda.
Please look after yourself grandMattie. I’m pleased the catheter bag issue has been resolved and hope you have a day as devoid of troubles as possible.
Sending best wishes to everyone.
???

Taichinan Tue 24-May-22 09:24:15

Good morning Mick, grandmattie and all who follow. I'm sitting in a shaft of sunlight in the garden Room - trying to get warm! I think a blast of heating may be required - it really looks like March or October outside, here on the Angus coast! Yesterday I sat out in my sheltered spot by the pond, which was lovely. But I made the mistake of looking north towards the hills and the sky was pitch black. Sure enough, within twenty minutes the heavens opened with a downpour of Biblical proportions. At least it washed the pigeon poo off one of the windows! But roll on June! I have nothing much planned for today other than hanging out some washing (with fingers very much crossed) and the tiniest bit of housework and ironing. Pretty boring - but I rather like it wink
Lovely to hear all about the lovely holidays some of you are having, and to see the photos - thank you for sharing.
Gmattie flowers. It's so hard for you both
Now off I toddle to be just the tiniest bit lazy. Have the best day you can (and may that kayak shrink wink) Lots of love x

Blossoming Tue 24-May-22 09:36:46

Good morning Mick and all. It’s bright and cloudy in my corner of Lancashire, currently 15°C.

Yesterday I had another blood test. Uric acid this time to make sure the new meds are doing their job. I will ring for the results in a day or two.

Beautiful photos Ash, it’s lovely to read of everyone’s travels. You, Pantglas and Sar all seem to be enjoying things and I love to read about the places you visit. Brook I hope your Switzerland trip goes well. You sound very organised for your Ibiza trip Urms.

A warm welcome to Lark123 and any new posters I may have missed. I didn’t get to catch up on the thread until late yesterday.

Have a good day all, may all with troubles find some relief. Remember, if you’re going through hell, keep going.

luluaugust Tue 24-May-22 09:44:45

Good morning from a wet W Kent. Getting ready for a friend and her DH to arrive for coffee and biscuits, keep it easy nowadays.
Thinking of you gM. Best wishes to all

Urmstongran Tue 24-May-22 10:04:14

I think I just don’t like rushing around Blossoming so I tend to pootle about early enough to get ‘organised’. I like to pace myself ...
#lazygran

hollysteers Tue 24-May-22 10:39:28

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside northwest coast.
Still croaky and had run through for Wednesday concert on Sunday. I recorded it and it sounds ok, but it’s not nice thinking about frogs all the time when singing. I’m going along to sing today at the music club, only a couple of songs, so will take a chance as I enjoy seeing everyone. My pianist friend stayed overnight and I’m getting selfish in my old age living alone. Why does he use so many cups etc? The hostessing thing is a bore now…
So pleased I have sold my poppy painting, had three offers after putting it on face the book ?. Might start an art page. The money side is a mystery, unlike singing and teaching which I’m used to.
The window cleaner came again today, it only seems like yesterday he was here and I had no change. It’s only meant to happen every six weeks, so I stressed that.?
Thoughts to grandMattie in hard times and will read through later,

Baggs Tue 24-May-22 11:13:24

Good morning, all. This is just to let you know that baubles is seriously ill. I know she usually posts on this thread. Her daughter sent me this message:
"I just wanted to let you know that my mum is ill in hospital. She became ill very suddenly on Friday and had an emergency operation on Saturday night during which they had to remove her entire colon which was necrotic and septic. The surgeon said the decision to operate when they did saved her life. Yesterday was not a good day and she had multiple organ dysfunction and was on the verge of being ventilated. Today she seems to have turned a big corner and they have removed heart support and reduced support to lungs and kidneys. I was able to see her tonight and she is talking and telling my dad what is in the freezer to eat! She asked me to let you know and if you could let other gransnetters know.
It’s been a huge shock however we are now hopeful that she is going in the right direction".

dustyangel Tue 24-May-22 11:20:17

Good Morning everyone. There’s a beautiful deep blue sky here in the Algarve today but it’s highly deceptive as I discovered when I went outside to put the washing on earlier. A very strong wind and a chilly 19° at the moment.
I know……I’m a southern wimp!

DGS and his partner went home on Sunday, after discovering at the last minute that all their flights had been changed twice and missing one of the messages. New flights were of course much more expensive. The good news for us is that DSiL stayed for a couple of extra days so that he could get a cheap (£15) flight tomorrow. Their holiday has gone so quickly that it’s very nice to have him for the extra time.

Grandmabatty Tue 24-May-22 11:22:08

Baggs that's dreadful news. Poor Baubles. I'm thinking of her today.

dustyangel Tue 24-May-22 11:22:09

Sorry, meant to say that I haven’t read any posts yet but will catch up with all your news now.

Marydoll Tue 24-May-22 11:34:16

I am devastated. I was going to message her, as I had missed her.
What awful news.

aggie Tue 24-May-22 11:35:48

Good morning everyone,
That’s awful news about Baubles I wish her well ??

Stilllearning Tue 24-May-22 11:36:46

Oh my goodness, this is awful, thank you for letting us know.

Litterpicker Tue 24-May-22 11:41:34

Good morning from West Sussex coast.

What a shock to read Baggs message about Baubles. Thank you Baggs for passing on Baubles daughter’s message. Please send her my very best wishes for her recovery - I know they will be added to by others on this thread.

I am waiting for DH to return from the hygienist so that we can load the campervan up with stuff for what I persist in calling ‘the dump’. There is rusting metal, a kitchen cupboard door, several bags of concrete pieces from some slabs we got free and had to clean up, a bag of old boots and shoes and a broken clothes airer. When that’s disposed of I must follow the example of Marydoll and others on here and take some bags to the charity shop. Where does it all come from? I’m not even much of a shopper - more a scavenger ?

Hope for a better day for those with illness and burdens.

Gingster Tue 24-May-22 11:50:06

Thanks Baggs for letting us know about Baubles. Please wish her well and a speedy recovery. ?.

Thankyou Stillearning for get well wishes for my DD ?. Very kind .

Jaxjacky Tue 24-May-22 11:50:08

A very late good morning from sun/showers in S Hants, we’ve been away in Shepton Mallet for a couple of days.
What horrendous news about baubles I hope she recovers well and speedily. Thank you baggs.
Thoughts, as always with gMattie ?

Anniebach Tue 24-May-22 12:00:03

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Blossoming Tue 24-May-22 12:18:55

What shocking news about Baubles, thanks for letting us know Baggs.

brook2704 Tue 24-May-22 12:18:55

Baggs thank you so much for letting us know, what dreadful news about baubles wishing her all the very best for a speedy recovery back to full health ❤️?

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 24-May-22 12:33:15

I think it’s afternoon now! I was awake around 4 am not really feeling the full sixpence! Bunged up with a cold. I’m sitting on the sofa feeling sleepy. I think OH will have to drive this afternoon when we collect our new pot. ??? for GM, Mr GM and now Baubles!