Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's comforting kitchen for the sharing of...

(1001 Posts)
soop Thu 23-Jun-22 15:39:38

WELCOME. How pleased I am to be able to say...we have a new gathering place.

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 09:44:28

See you there...smile

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 09:44:01

Hello dear Doodle. I am about to lock this kitchen door and rush across to open the new one.

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 09:42:18

Urms You and your lashes...wink

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 09:40:36

Nannytopsy Methinks baby will arrive when we have our brand new kitchen. If so, the bunting is ready and we have bubbly in the cooler.

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 09:39:00

A friend is coming for coffee this morning. Her daughter is soon to have a colostomy and she would like my feelings on the matter. Which are all positive. smile

soop Sat 06-Aug-22 09:37:21

Dearest you lovely lot, I am checking to see that our kitchen remains open. Not long now and we'll need to gather in the new one.

brook2704 Fri 05-Aug-22 21:44:17

Hope your DH is ok Doodle and recovers quickly
I remember the wheelbarrows too Urms!

brook2704 Fri 05-Aug-22 21:42:27

soop that sounds like a very busy afternoon - there’s always lots to do in the garden, never ending. What an awful fall that must have been, looks so painful ?
Hope your DD is ok after her fall hireath and the cake does the trick
The indoor wigwam sounds brilliant shazza hope your DGS enjoys it
I’ve arrived ok in Cambridge, DD1 picked me up and and now they’ve both gone out for the evening to a newish restaurant in town. I’ve just got the two DGSs settled in bed and managed to make myself a coffee in the posh bean to cup coffee machine. I just have to hope that non of the red lights start flashing when DDs not around as it’s hard to fix if you’re not used to it! It’s all quiet upstairs so I might turn the tv on for a while if I can fathom it out and find the on switch
Good luck in the bowls match on Sunday Jax, hope the ladies win ?
Pleased that you’re feeling much better grandmabatty thanks to the new young doctor ?‍⚕️
Hopefully some good news soon nannytopsy

Doodle Fri 05-Aug-22 21:40:38

Evening all (sorry Urms ? ?)
Not been around much recently been quite busy.
Taken DH to hospital today for antiviral infusion as he’s caught Covid.
Blossoming so sorry about your fall. Hope your ouchy bits heal soon and you manage to sleep ok tonight.
Nannytopsy are we awaiting a new arrival. How exciting.
Hope all those who are poorly get well soon.
Hello to anyone new since last I visited.
Soop I remember that fall. It was a really nasty one. Hope you’re not overdoing things in the garden.
TOYA ?

Ali23 Fri 05-Aug-22 21:38:25

Nannytopsy, I strongly suspect that this baby wants to be the 1st announcement in the new kitchen... not long now!

ShazzaKanazza Fri 05-Aug-22 21:37:31

Urms what are you like!! You’ll end up with no lashes left at all if you keep fiddling with them. A lesson learned eh!

Exciting waiting game Nannytopsy can’t wait for the baby news.

Nannytopsy Fri 05-Aug-22 21:29:35

Still waiting for news in Topsy Towers. Things seemed to be responding to the various induction hormones but have now gone quiet. If you see a very pregnant lady walking round a hospital car park, that’s her!

Urmstongran Fri 05-Aug-22 21:12:50

“buenas tardes”. ?

Another glorious day in the gardens. We reacquainted ourselves this afternoon with a lovely young family from Glasgow who own an apartment here. They’ve not been out for 2 years (Covid) but are out for all of August (mum is a teacher).

I must be missing L’il Miss, as I introduced their 5y old girlie to playing ‘wheelbarrows’ on the grass. (Us grans know it - hold their ankles and let them ‘walk’ on their hands). Anyway she had never done it/heard of it till now so now I’m ‘top of the pops!’ I can imagine some fun next week!

The saga of the eyelashes continues. I very gently twizzled a few between my fingers this afternoon as I got out of the pool. Aargh! Big mistake. Do not try this at home Dear Reader. It’s obvious for a reason (to us uninitiated). It doesn’t bluddy work! A clump of my own eyelashes came away with the falsies. Now I have a gap mid line. Honestly I can’t wait to buy and massage in some eyelash serum. I’ve been researching them. The most expensive (£90 ! ?) isn’t particularly rated - which gets my vote. I’m not allowed to advertise so anyone who might be interested, please just p.m. me.

Jaxjacky Fri 05-Aug-22 20:56:38

That milk comment made me lol Shazza ?
Bowls done, we’re in the men v women on Sunday, pink shirts for women, blue for men, I think not, after a wee chat I can wear what I want.
Hope you sleep better tonight Blossoming. And happy you’re back on form Grandmatty
Hireath ouch and double ouch, hope cake helps recovery.
Football on ??
Enjoy your evening all x

Pantglas2 Fri 05-Aug-22 20:03:30

Oh hiraeth I read your post and smiled because my reaction when someone is hurt is to make chicken soup or Bara Brith!

I’m a firm believer in the healing properties of both cos I’m Welsh????????

ShazzaKanazza Fri 05-Aug-22 19:57:34

Good evening dear Kitcheners. It’s been another fine day though not long ago had a heavy shower which watered the veg patch well.
DS is staying tonight and of course I’ve been fussing over him to which DH said I’m surprised you aren’t producing milk again. ? He and son are building an indoor wigwam tent which is mostly for GS to disappear into when he’s stressed. It’s come with no instructions so it’s quite amusing to watch.

Blossoming I did think you’d be stiff today hope you have a more comfortable nights sleep. ?

Nannytopsy thinking of your DD ?

Hireath I bet your DD did feel silly ouch!! I’m sure lemon drizzle cake will ease it a little?

Soop what a fall that must have taken some getting over.

Grandmabatty pleased you are feeling better.

Ladyleftfieldlover I love the hall colour. Our hall is big with a very high ceiling and very plain. I’d love to have an interior designer to bring in some much needed style and colour. We are thinking of panelling.

Hope you all have a lovely night. I’ll get back to watching the tent getting built.
Speak soon X ?

Blossoming Fri 05-Aug-22 19:05:37

Expected, not accepted.

Blossoming Fri 05-Aug-22 19:05:11

Good evening lovely Kitcheners. I am stiff and sore as might be accepted but nothing broken. I can’t share a pic of my bruises as they’re not in an accessible place. A couple of corkers along my spine and over my ribs at the side.

It’s been a lovely sunny day here, I have cycled for 45 minutes to Nowheresville and spent an hour practicing my Gaelic. A few bruises won’t stop me from doing anything (except housework grin

I’m loving all your photos. I’m nodding now, as I didn’t have a comfortable night. Nap time ?

Hiraeth Fri 05-Aug-22 17:24:27

Oh my , soop what a fall you had !
Blossoming hope you,re recovering .
My daughter (34) fell yesterday . She was acting like a teenager
and was running backwards and didn’t see the seat ! Silly girl!
She went to A&E had an X-ray and has concussion and bruises
nothing broken thank heavens .So now i,m baking a lemon
-drizzle cake for her ( and me ) a lovely excuse for me to eat cake again . Enjoy the weekend ladies .

soop Fri 05-Aug-22 17:09:51

I went into the garden thinking...I shall simply deadhead the flowers, after which, I shall sit in the sun and admire the view. So...after deadheading, I had the urge to force myself into thicket and dig out rogue brambles festooned with miles of that dreadful "sticky weed". I had to sit on a boulder at 4:30 as my back had locked and I felt very unsteady. MrS helped me to the bench. He made a brew. There are two heaped wheelbarrows of detritus and I feel that we have made good use of a delightfully sunny afternoon. I have very mucky feet and I need to scrub my finger nails. So...that was what I've been up to since just after lunch. Daft as a bristleless brush. hmm

Yes, indeed, we shall need a new kitchen very soon. I am away to rearrange the chairs and prepare a buffet. Should any of you lovely lot be the last visitor to this kitchen, please will you open our spanking new one. The key is in the usual place. I shall join you again tomorrow. In the meantime...smile moon

Grandmabatty Fri 05-Aug-22 15:29:56

Good afternoon kitcheners. I'm feeling much better today which is just as well as I had a visit from dd and the boys this afternoon and dgs1 was very energetic. They are just away to get him ready for Taekwondo. Poor teacher! It's been a lovely day. I have weeded, watered and tidied the garden, blethered to neighbours and provided coffee to dd who has a cold and played with dgs1 who wanted towers built out of bricks and brought his doctor set to use on me. I'm off to investigate the freezer as I haven't anything out for dinner. Brook, I hope you have arrived safely in Cambridge. Soop I winced looking at that photo. What a sore one. Blossoming I hope you are ok. Nannytopsy fingers still crossed for a speedy arrival of your grandchild. Soop we've nearly run out of space in this kitchen. Have a good evening Kitcheners.

muse Fri 05-Aug-22 15:02:22

Hello Kitcheners.

Rest well today blossoming after such a fall and have a lovely day tomorrow.
soop - what a reminder, to the day, of your tumble.

Hope you get some rain soon Jax and the hosepipe ban is banished. Thirsty veg need lots of soaking. We're watching our little spring fed stream. The little water wheel pump is very slow.

What a worrying time nannytopsy. Looking forward to hearing about the little one's safe arrival.

Summer pudding ?

soop Fri 05-Aug-22 14:10:03

Nannytopsy Baby will soon be here. We shall all cheer loudly and celebrate in style. sunshine

Before I do yet more Kitchening, I am popping outside to dead-head a million flowers. After which, I shall return. We shall need a new gathering place shortly. Would not miss the move for the world.

soop Fri 05-Aug-22 14:05:34

Blossoming Dear lady, I know only too well what a shake-up a fall can be. My very worst fall...flat on my face on a concrete slab occured several years ago on August 4th. flowers

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 05-Aug-22 13:48:23

I love summer pudding! If you’re all lucky I’ll leave a little.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion