Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 29th June 2022

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 26-Jun-22 05:53:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Another sunny start with some cloud this with a fleshing breeze as well .
Today , have done my poo sample does not look good to me , but will go by instructions and do all necessary process.
Also sport wise I have got cycling on TV , but also the British Champs on a You tube channel as to live reports .
Take Care,
Mick

Grannmarie Sun 26-Jun-22 12:42:00

Good afternoon from wet and windy Lanarkshire, our good weather never lasts long.

DH is feeling quite weak and tired but looking forward to an afternoon visit with DGS2 and his Mummy and Daddy. The wee boy can't understand why his Papa disappeared in recent weeks, especially when I turned up on my own on childcare days, so we're looking forward to this wee reunion..

I'm just back from Mass, where I lit candles and offered prayers for all who need/ wish them.???

GM, I am in awe of you and so many GNs , Harrigran, GrannySomerset, and others, who care/ have cared for their DHs with such devotion, patience and good spirits. This is very new to me and I have such a lot to learn.

Kalu, I hope your DH is much more comfortable now.

Baubles, I'm glad you are back home, hopefully these are just teething troubles and things will settle down quickly.

Marydoll, I hope you are improving a little each day and avoiding hospital. Need any help with that cream egg? Since DH's collapse I have been eating for Scotland, and I'm not usually a fan of chocolate...

Thinking of all with worries, illness or sorrow. Have the best Sunday possible.
? ??

Litterpicker Sun 26-Jun-22 12:14:47

Just squeezing in a ‘Good morning’ from sunny West Sussex.

It is still breezy but less so than yesterday; sunshine and cloud.

I am hoping we will see our neighbours for a chat outside our houses at 1pm. We started meeting in our little enclave, during lockdown and kept it up during the summer and autumn last year, but have lapsed this year, mainly due to the weather, though obviously we are all out and about more as well.

EkwaNimitee I had planted a sea holly in my daughter’s garden and after a few years of struggling in her clay soil it flowered beautifully last year. This year it had grown and had a magnificent number of buds. Last week I found a slug or snail had nibbled almost completely through the two main stems ?

Hollysteers I love the idea of you as a walking lending library ?

Sorry to hear of so much suffering - healing thoughts to Marydoll and Baubles and strength to Grandmattie. Kalu thinking of you and MrK - lovely to hear of the thoughtfulness of the ward orderly.

luluaugust Sun 26-Jun-22 10:50:17

Good morning, just about, from a sunny W Kent. Our covid problems seem minor to the things going on today and I do wish everybody all the best for the next 24 hours.
Marydoll I think you are going to have to tell your DH what you fancy to eat, if anything!
All the best

Marydoll Sun 26-Jun-22 10:24:40

I wish my DH would bring me the occasional Cadurys Creme egg Marydoll! I hope you enjoyed it!.,
Gwen, I couldn't face it! It is still beside the bed! All I have had is a small piece of toast.
The good news is, I should hopefully lose some weight!

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 26-Jun-22 10:10:02

Good Morning all from Sunny but breezy Harrogate
Hope you get the results soon, Mick but don't worry, I've never seen a good looking poo!
Oh GrandMattie yours days are not getting easier are they? flowers
I wish my DH would bring me the occasional Cadurys Creme egg Marydoll! I hope you enjoyed it!.
I'm sorry you ended back in hospital Baubles hope you feel better now.
Kalusorry your DH is finding Hospital beds uncomfortable. I once had an amusing episode in hospital when it turned out I was in a ward where different mattresses were being tested. Mind was like a large block of solid jelly, which tended to split when I lay on it.
Today church is united with another so it will be jam packed, we are going to the cinema instead!! it's very spacious. DH wants to see "Elvis'
Have the best day possible folks.

Blossoming Sun 26-Jun-22 10:03:51

Crossed posts Holly, any journey seems to be a nightmare at the moment! Have a peaceful day.

harrigran Sun 26-Jun-22 10:02:36

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Slept late after a busy day yesterday.
Family came at 2pm and stayed until 11pm, GD had been having her naills done for the prom, fabulous in palest pink with diamonds.
My sister's travel saga continues, she has fallen and hurt her knee so she will have to be pushed through the airport in a wheelchair.
SIL is coming for Sunday dinner.
Thoughts are with all the poorly people.

Blossoming Sun 26-Jun-22 10:02:02

Good morning Mick and all. It’s cloudy and bright in my corner of Lancashire, currently 16°C.

Today will be light housework and not much else. My get-up-and-go seems to have got up and gone!

So sorry your DH is deteriorating Grandmattie, I hope today brings some peace.

Hope you are both feeling better today Baubles and Marydoll, fingers crossed for your DH Kalu. Your head must have been spinning Kitty, hope your DD doesn’t catch anything.

Peri peri chicken and rice sounds good to me Urms

Wasn’t Paul McCartney amazing, Dragonfly? He has had an incredible career and he’s still there, writing great songs and not behaving like a spoilt celeb. Hard to believe he’s 80.

Positive thoughts to those going through difficult times. I hope today is a good one for us all, with a ?or ??along the way.

hollysteers Sun 26-Jun-22 09:47:54

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy and windy northwest coast.
I’m tired after my holiday with the family. Long day arriving at airport three hours before late flight. I was amused to see both my DS and DGD both reading books I had taken away with me. I’m like a walking lending library.
Still haven’t finished unpacking. Nice to go away and nice to come home. The cat seems thrilled to see me too.
I’m putting some artwork into an exhibition so need to organise that.
Thoughts to grandMattie Kalu and all those on here with troubles.
Will read through later.

hulahoop Sun 26-Jun-22 09:31:11

A lot cooler today here in Yorkshire. We are packing for a few days away tomorrow looks like weather will be changeable ? .gds show was really good we always give her flowers after for the star she is.Hope all under the weather have a better day .Kitty hope your daughter doesn't succumb if she does hope it's mild .

EkwaNimitee Sun 26-Jun-22 09:23:13

Good morning Mick and everyone from a rather grey Carlisle where I am wondering if rain will stop play in the garden today. I bought a trolley full of plants yesterday and put two in after a heavy shower ended after lunch. The garden should then be about full. One of those plants is a lovely sea holly which I was inspired to buy after seeing grandMatties photos the other day. I hope you and your DH have a better day, gM.

My thoughts are with all of you with health problems at the moment, that seems to be quite a few! Wishing you all better days.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 26-Jun-22 09:15:31

Good morning all from sunny and breezy East Yorkshire.

Up late today after staying up till after mid night watching Sir Paul McCartney at Glastonbury. Fab for 80 years of age.

Just glanced through threads but will read thoroughly shortly.
baubles MD GM Kalu anyone I’ve missed ?

Yesterday we went to a couple of farm shops and had lunch at one in the sun. I bought some pink grapefruit marmalade at one so that’s my breakfast with toast this morning. Yummy. One of them was on the way out to York and on the drive back we saw the Red Arrows fly over en route to Scarborough for Armed Forces day. A superb sight as always.

Today we are going strawberry picking with the family. GS loves this activity! I think little GD will too this year. I wonder if we will escape without GS saying he wants to go to Grandmas after ?

Urms have fun filling the toy box. Ours badly needs a cull but I’m a softy when it comes to parting and the memories!

Take care everyone.

BlueSapphire Sun 26-Jun-22 09:12:46

Good morning everyone from a bright and breezy Northampton. Grey clouds have just appeared, so hoping it stays fine for our local Fun Day, which I am attending later with a friend. It's the first one for three years, so keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Had a good day out shopping yesterday, but it was very windy and was pleased to get into the shops to escape it. That resulted in a new dress and some new Chanel make-up.... Treated myself to a nice Italian lunch and a glass of wine.

So sorry to hear of all the struggles some of you are going through,.my thoughts are with you. And may the sun shine on all of us today.

dragonfly46 Sun 26-Jun-22 09:02:55

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire. I am late to the party this morning as I stayed up to watch Paul McCartney. It really took me back!

Oh Mattie it doesn’t seem to be getting any better for you.
Pleased to hear Mary is a little better and avoiding hospital.
Here’s hoping your results come in soon Mick.
Sorry to hear about your setback Baubles but hopefully things will improve from now on.
How lovely the orderly sounds Kalu my thoughts are with you and your DH.
And kitty what a chaotic life you lead. Here’s hoping your DD doesnt get the dreaded lurgy.

I hope I haven’t missed anyone as you are all in my thoughts and wishing you the best day possible.

ginny Sun 26-Jun-22 08:53:29

Good morning . Fairly bright but very breezy here in N. Bucks.

Firstly , sending love and thoughts to those of you who are poorly or dealing with others who are.

Today is a preparation day for us. Getting ready for going away on Tuesday. So, washing , packing a bit of food prep. and a quick tidy of the garden. Our neighbours have kindly offered to water while we are away and daughters will pop over and dead head for me.
Hope Sunday is a good day for all.

Scentia Sun 26-Jun-22 08:49:27

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where the sun is out and I am off into the garden to cool down!
I have been absent for a while but it seems I can’t leave some of you alone for 5 minutes!! I do hope those of you with worries and woes recover swiftly.
I got my DH back from Europe in one piece on Friday! He bored me before he went, never shutting up about his forthcoming trip, now I am getting a day by day report of the whole 3 weeks.
After his heart attack in February he was supposed to see a cardiologist within 8 weeks, he got his appointment yesterday for the 6th September. Oh my goodness that is a sorry state for our wonderful NHS to be in? Still, he is alive and well at the moment so I will not ever complain.❤️
I am visiting a garden up the road today as part of the NGS open gardens. I hope they do tea and biscuits!
Take care of yourselves and of others bye for now❤️

ShazzaKanazza Sun 26-Jun-22 08:40:55

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a sunny Hull. It’s very breezy though drying out the garden even more. We had a shower of rain last night just enough to tickle the plants but that was it. I topped up the frog pond with what’s left in the water butt but our frog friend wasn’t happy so he hopped straight out.

Mick hope your results come come through quickly.
grandMattie and Kalu thinking of you both and your DHs??
Marydoll your DH bringing you a crème egg made me laugh.
Baubles my MIL had a stoma and it was so troublesome for her.

Hoping we might catch up with DD and DGDs but they are a busy family to pin down.
Enjoy your Sunday if you can. Family gatherings are the best so enjoy those and your Sunday lunches.
Thinking of those with stress and worries. ??

GrannyGravy13 Sun 26-Jun-22 08:32:45

A quick morning all from my hotel bed.

Looking forward to a lovely breakfast with eldest son and wife, then maybe a walk. We strolled round Camden and the locks yesterday afternoon, very interesting people watching from a canal side pub!!!

Interesting restaurant last night, fire eaters, stilt walkers and contortionists…

Will pop back and catch up later.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️??

Grammaretto Sun 26-Jun-22 08:27:46

I came back to catch up on your news and it isn't good.
Sending healing vibes sorry no creme eggs to Kalu, to Baubles and to Marydoll and anyone who is suffering.
Congratulations to the NanKates smilewine

Gingster Sun 26-Jun-22 08:17:42

Good morning all from a sort of bright Essex, with the sun disappearing and then coming out again!

It’s DGD 3’s 13th birthday today, so we’re going round to celebrate with all the family this afternoon. She’s very glamorous and a lot of fun so we’re looking forward to that.

There’s so much ‘ poorliness ‘ on here at the moment so kindest thoughts to all. DH had a blood test on Friday, so we are waiting with anxious thoughts, the results. He also has to have a CT scan to see if he’s had another TIA. .

Marydoll your husband is so like mine. ! A Cadburys Cream Egg would be his ‘go to’ remedy too.

Well I hope everyone’s Sunday is pleasant and worry and pain free. ?.

kittylester Sun 26-Jun-22 08:11:04

Good morning all from a slightly overcast and breezy North Leicestershire.

Yesterday was bonkers! DD1 was still in hospital, then she was going home, then she wasn't, then her son's girlfriend tested + ve, then she was coming to stay here, then she wasn't, then her dh also tested +ve, then she went home.

I am sorry for everyone who has real worries - health or otherwise.

Grandmabatty Sun 26-Jun-22 08:10:11

Good morning all from Polmont where it's 10°. I slept through the thunder and hailstones in the night.
Lots of poorly people on the thread today. Marydoll, baubles and the husbands I Grandmattie and Kalu ? for you all.
Yesterday I had breakfast with a chum in town. The church bellringers were practising and the sun was out so it was really nice. I didn't do much in the afternoon as I hadn't slept at all well.
Today I will have to go to Aldi as I'm out of basics. I have no other plans apart from pottering in the house and garden. Have a good day all.

Pittcity Sun 26-Jun-22 08:09:00

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
We all caught the sun yesterday at the Armed Forces Day festival. My 3 DGS enjoyed the vehicles, guns and parachutists. Colchester is home of the paras.
Today we are meeting DS's new girlfriend for the first time. I expect she is very nervous but I'm pretty laid back having been through this many times with my DDs before they settled down. I need to pop out to get some more potatoes in case they would like to stay for a roast beef dinner....DS isn't sure of their plans.

Wishing an easing of pain to the every increasing number of Goodmorningers in sickbay.

Love to all ??x

Mapleleaf Sun 26-Jun-22 08:05:37

Good morning everyone,

It’s a bright start, but not sure how long it remains so, but perhaps the breeze will keep the clouds at bay a bit.

? GrandMattie, you must be exhausted.

Marydoll I hope today sees you feeling stronger. ?

Mick, I hope you don’t have to wait too long for your results and that something can be given to you to sort out your problems.

Not sure what’s on for today, other than to continue trying to find another flight - not having any luck so far - they are either extortionately priced by the time this, that and the other has been added, or they are indirect flights with one or two lengthy stopovers, which is equally unappealing.

Sending kind thoughts to all with illness and/or worries.

Take care.

Susan56 Sun 26-Jun-22 08:02:40

??Urms!