Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 27th June 2022

(61 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 27-Jun-22 05:54:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its sunny with some early morning cloud here in brackley at present.
Today, I will go to my surgery , may walk there ? but will wear a baseball cap to protect me plus also carry some water as well .
I see my Doctor for the results of blood test and poo sample next Thursday afternoon so I hope I am OK .
I have been trying to increase my Iron intake , with a glass of Guinness at lunchtime .
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Mon 27-Jun-22 15:22:15

Mind you, I feel so delighted here I’m determined to do the same in Spain, once the family have gone home!
?

Urmstongran Mon 27-Jun-22 15:20:02

Good point dragonfly. It might seem like cheating but as I only take a handbag out to Malaga I do need clothes there too! I suppose I could just cart my one rail load backwards and forwards in a suitcase hehe!

Mapleleaf Mon 27-Jun-22 11:45:34

A late good morning to you all.

Just got back from coffee morning group, so now catching up with GN and then tackle the ironing (there’s not too much).

Welcome Drawinggran.

It’s tippling down here at the moment - I think it’s going to be one of those days of bright intervals and lots of heavy showers. At least the gardens should appreciate the rain, as the grass is certainly suffering from lack of water.

So sorry to read that you’ve had another unsettled night, grandMattie and hope that you manage to get a little rest through the day and that your DH has a better day.

That was a nice surprise, harrigran ?. Enjoy.

dustyangel Mon 27-Jun-22 11:00:31

Good morning everyone, I read the first page and a bit earlier but will need a quick recap to catch up with you all properly.

Special thoughts to grandMattie and her DH,to Michael and for Mr Marydoll whose not feeling well on his birthday. I hope you feel well enough for cake and celebrations soon. ???

The weather forecast yesterday for here simply gave the temperatures and said a really lovely day ! And it was with today and tomorrow forecast to be the same, The temperature rising to about 26°/27°C.

Of course there has to be a fly in the ointment but for us it was a swarm of ants busily tracking from the front door and about to divert into the kitchen when I spotted them as we were about to go to bed. DH attacked them with ant spray and I probably washed it away with white vinegar and then left the vinegar pooled on the floor overnight. I’m usually live and let live with most insects but not when there’s a plague in the house.
I blame DH who can’t see the crumbs he drops when he’s eating biscuits.grin

hollysteers Mon 27-Jun-22 10:31:29

Good morning Mick and all from a mixed up weather wise day on the northwest coast.
Lots of washing from the holiday out in the garden, so hope the rain keeps off. I’m enjoying the peace and quiet after over a week with the family. Love them to bits, but used to my own company now. I’m even putting off catch up phone calls and arrangements with friends. Wondering whether to book one of my usual day trips on Wednesday or whether I’ve had enough travelling for the mo.
Thoughts to brave grandMattie, Kalu Granmarie, those with daughters having treatment and I hope you feel ok today Blossoming

dragonfly46 Mon 27-Jun-22 10:31:01

Wow Urms that is brilliant - I am starting on mine in a minute.
Btw though how many clothes do you have in Spain?

Marydoll Mon 27-Jun-22 10:25:11

He is negative, Gwen, thank goodness!
However, SIL phoned the doctors' for an appointment and was advised to go to A&E as it's emergency appointments only at the surgery!
He then left us wondering for hours what was going on.
Thankfully, he does not need to go.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 27-Jun-22 10:22:12

Thank you Ginster looks interesting and fun!
Glad you are both OK Newquay how is your DH anyway?
Fingers crossed your DH has not got Covid Marydoll

Scapa1 Mon 27-Jun-22 10:06:50

Good morning from a dry Dunblane with bits of blue showing in the sky which is more than there was yesterday!
Must go out to Lidl to get some supplies for granddaughters coming for an overnighter as it is now the school holidays here now. They seem to eat none stop.
When I was teaching the feeling when driving away from the school at holiday time was amazing. I am sure it is the same in many other jobs. Everyone needs a break to recharge their batteries.
Then some ironing to do and a general tidy up. Tomorrow rain is forecast so will have to think of something to keep girls occupied although the older on will probably sleep all morning.
I remember my mother being given stout when she was poorly personally I can think of nothing worse.
There seems to be a lots of poorly gransnetters at the moment hope today brings hope and improvement to all of them. flowers

Urmstongran Mon 27-Jun-22 10:05:40

That was me too grandMattie until I decided to get a grip.

grandMattie Mon 27-Jun-22 10:03:05

Goodness, Urms, I have TWO double cupboards - one winter, one summer. I really must stop keeping things for sentimental reasons, or “if only I was thin again”!

Auntieflo Mon 27-Jun-22 10:02:37

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. It is raining here now, but gently, so may do some good in the garden. The clematis is flowering, exuberantly, and will take over everything nearby with it's clutching tendrils. But it does look beautiful.
GrandMattie, sorry to hear that you have had another disturbed night, and hope you can catch 40 winks during the day to try and regain a bit of energy.
Chrissielou, I will be thinking of your DD as she goes for another Chemo treatment. It sounds brutal. I am lucky in that my Chemo is in the form of tablets. They just make me very tired.
Marydoll, your 'empty', sounds just the thing for you and your DH. Wishing you both a peaceful day.

I will have forgotten the many who need TLC at the moment, so apologise.

The OT is coming this afternoon. He is OK, but does always seem to need to ask the same questions each time.
Have a good day one and all.

Marydoll Mon 27-Jun-22 10:01:07

GrannyGravy13

Morning all

I have managed to get an allusive Doctors apparently this afternoon whoopee!!! My asthma has decided to play up, had to crack open my rescue meds yesterday. I really do not want to go to hospital, let’s hope Dr agrees.

(((Hugs))) to all in need

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Fingers crossed GG. Hopefully no hospital, if possible.? It's s a horrible feeling.
I phoned to ask if I could break open my pack a few weeks ago and was told to go straight to A&E.

monk08 Mon 27-Jun-22 09:56:36

Urmstongran you've done a grand job, but think it will take me a while, I have 3 wardrobes full plus a chest of drawers.
The trouble is they still all fit have stayed the same size since my 20s in fact some of the clothes are probably from then as well? kept in case they come back in fashion.

luluaugust Mon 27-Jun-22 09:55:46

Urmstongran you have inspired me, as I am stuck in anyway I am off to inspect the wardrobe now.

Newquay Mon 27-Jun-22 09:42:57

Hurrah! We’ve both tested negative this morning so we’ll be able to go away for a few days next week-long awaited!
Phone appointment this morning with Urologist about DH’s MRI prostate scan. Hoping urologist will move DH onto surgery list-he can’t carry on like this. Self catheterising and endless UTIs.

Urmstongran Mon 27-Jun-22 09:42:11

Good luck with the culling of your clothes monk08. To spur you on this is what I achieved with my draconian clearout! I decided NO MORE procrastination. These are the only clothes I possess now.
?

One small rail of summer clothes and a slightly longer rail of winter clothes. Honestly I feel so liberated and lighter - I keep sliding the doors back to admire the end result. At least what’s in there actually fits me and I’m no longer kidding myself. It’s only taken me several years to tackle it. Be brave! You won’t regret it.

Blossoming Mon 27-Jun-22 09:37:36

Good morning Mick and all. It’s raining in my corner of Lancashire, currently 13°C.

I’m sat up in bed with a big mug of tea, after a rather disturbed night. My vision is troublesome this morning, I hope it isn’t a hemiplegic migraine precursor as I have a lot to do.

Happy Birthday to MrMDoll, hope he is soon on the mend.

Hello and welcome DrawingGran

I’m tired reading your todo list Oops!

I hope this Monday is kind to all those below par and carers. Positive thoughts to those going through difficult times. May today be a good one for us all, with a ?or ??along the way.

aggie Mon 27-Jun-22 09:30:41

Good morning everyone from a dull cold NI ,
supposed to be grocery shopping this Morning , but Son and his family are still abed , and they are due to drive on to their holiday destination today , so we don’t want to go out and miss seeing them before they go
gM I am sorry your dear OH is so poorly , it is so hard to watch and you must be exhausted too
Glad to see you posting Marydoll
Thoughts with all poorly and suffering ??

GrannyGravy13 Mon 27-Jun-22 09:23:54

Morning all

I have managed to get an allusive Doctors apparently this afternoon whoopee!!! My asthma has decided to play up, had to crack open my rescue meds yesterday. I really do not want to go to hospital, let’s hope Dr agrees.

(((Hugs))) to all in need

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Anniebach Mon 27-Jun-22 09:22:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BlueSapphire Mon 27-Jun-22 09:16:25

Good morning everyone from a cloudy wet Northampton, but forecast to be sunny this afternoon.

Luckily a lovely day weatherwise yesterday for our village Fun Day, the first for three years. Had a lift there with a friend, had a good mooch around the stalls and attractions, saw a few people I knew, then found our friend who was 'manning' the book stall and repaired to the drinks tent where I enjoyed a Prosecco. Bought a hardback copy of Margaret Atwood's 'Testaments' for £1, a bargain I thought, then was persuaded to buy raffle and tombola tickets by other friends. Lots of people enjoying the sunshine and queuing for ice-creams.

Bathrooms to clean and floors to wash this morning, Nothing else planned for today, may put the tennis on, but I'm not really a fan.

Thoughts with all those struggling.

Welcome to Drawinggran, hope you enjoy this group.

Grandmabatty Mon 27-Jun-22 09:16:04

Good morning all from Polmont where it's 13°, cloudy and windy. Thank you Susan. He seems to be a bit brighter today. Dd and the boys are nipping to my house later. Mick enjoy your Guinness. Marydoll happy birthday to your husband. Grandmattie you are stalwart. ?
Yesterday was a pottering day and I thoroughly enjoyed having a quiet day in. Today I will see dd and the boys. They'll probably arrive before lunch and stay til four. Sil is on night shift so this will give him peace to sleep. I made minestrone soup and banana bread yesterday so there's plenty of choice for lunch. Have a good day all.

Stilllearning Mon 27-Jun-22 09:14:55

Morning from East Renfrewshire where two excited children have departed for the penultimate day of term, laden with games for the afternoon.

I’m posting without reading or I’m not going to have time again. Lovely weekend of dance and drama shows, DGS on Saturday and DGD yesterday. They both went very well, it was great fun. I was glad to see your DGD did well at her dancing Brook, my boy was the same, it was a delight to see.
This family head off on holiday to France on Wednesday so I’m helping DD get organised today as she is still working. I can barely remember having that energy!

Wishing everyone a decent day and especially thinking of so many with huge challenges just now. In my prayers ???

EkwaNimitee Mon 27-Jun-22 08:57:49

Good morning Mick and everyone from grey cool Carlisle. We had torrential showers in the night, the noise woke me.
I went and did some planting in the garden yesterday morning, a good move because we had constant showers in the afternoon. Your comment on sea holly planting was welcome Litterpicker as it reminded me that my soil is mostly quite heavy clay so I will be sure to dig that out and mix in a lot of the top layer of beach gritty stuff the developers left. And keep a watch for slugs, only little ones so far but they've already shown an interest in my dahlias.
Today is the usual Monday of laundry and housework. I'm debating whether to have a day out somewhere later this week but the weather forecast is not looking promising.
Welcome Drawinggran, it's a long time since I was down your way....with my bike finding some remarkably steep little hills!

You're having such a tough time right now grandMattie, I do hope your DH improves and you can get some rest.