Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 1st July 2022

(58 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 01-Jul-22 05:57:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright sunny start here in brackley after what looks like overnight rain.
Yesterdays Doctors trip , he checked my stomach ,and also added iron tablets to my subscription , I will have to go hospital visit to have my stomach checked sometime.
Anyway , I am going to change the way I take my medication , have been advised to have all after breakfast at least half and hour after with water .
I am going to stop taking a paracetamol, as the doctor said blood test revealed acid in my system .
Today , I hope to get a early Bicester bus ,after an early local shop as well .
Before returning to watch the Tour De France on TV first stage .
Take Care,
Mick

Greyduster Fri 01-Jul-22 15:12:13

When DD and I were walking in the Peak District recently we saw a lot of hawk moth caterpillars. If I hadn’t dissuaded her to stop trying to move them all off the path out of the way of walking boots we would still have been there now!

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 01-Jul-22 13:26:17

Oh dear I don’t know who the 4 are but Good Morning to you all.
?

FannyCornforth Fri 01-Jul-22 13:18:37

Ekwanimity
I am properly, incredibly envious!
I would absolutely love to see one of those most wonderful creatures.

Sending love to Mattie, and best wishes to all x

Marydoll Fri 01-Jul-22 11:36:10

For the Susans, (I'm doing catch up) have a lovely day!

Litterpicker Fri 01-Jul-22 11:31:35

Good morning from coastal West Sussex. A heavy shower earlier but it stopped too soon; now blue sky and a pleasant breeze.

I am procrastinating as I have loads to do before going to DD1 on Saturday to cat-sit while they are on holiday and then heading north to pick up twin GSs who will be sailing back to the Clyde from Oban on the return leg of their week long trip. We will stay on in East Lothian until near the end of July.

Good to hear Grandmattie has family round her now and support from Crossroads at night.
Marydoll it must be hard keeping out of mischief for so long but I hope your kidneys will behave better ?
Chrissielou and Kittylester - thinking of your daughters and hoping their treatments will be successful and the horrible side effects fade from memory.
Auntieflo congratulations on the latest GGC ?
Happy Anniversary Susan ?
Harrigran hope you feel better today ?
Love to everyone else - I’ve run out of steam!

Marydoll Fri 01-Jul-22 11:25:29

Of course GNHQ can read PMs. They own and manage the site.

When I was IT co-ordinator in my school, I managed the IT security and could have easily ready stuff I shouldn't have.
Of course, I would never have dreamt of doing so.

ShazzaKanazza Fri 01-Jul-22 11:23:06

Great news about your Great Grandaughter Auntieflo so pleased all went well. ?
I always thought PMs were private how wrong I was. Hope all those missing this morning are ok x
Hope you get through to the surgery and your physio goes well today Gwen?

Did a long walk and ducked under a bakery canopy to dodge a heavy downpour but it’s not rained where I live. So maybe later?
Saying about garden wildlife we got up this morning to a lot of beetroot broken and trampled I suspect the fox. One was even dug up.

Jaxjacky Fri 01-Jul-22 11:20:24

Happy Anniversary Mr&MrsSusan ??

dustyangel Fri 01-Jul-22 10:59:23

Good morning Michael,grandMattie and everyone. I’m glad you’ve seen your doctor and hope you get your problem solved quickly Mick. Mattie I’m so glad you had a happy meal last night, I shall look up your quotation but feel that I remember it from somewhere.

It’s a lovely sunny day with a very pleasant 24°temperature so I had to anoint myself with copious amounts of sunscreen before going to have my blood tests etc after drinking copious amounts of water. No pain or problems at all but I realised how nervous I’d been when I couldn’t find my bag when I came out of the room. Yes the phlebotomist had told me to put it behind a door when I went in a few minutes before.?
Seems a long time since I had one and I know I was a bit concerned about the step outside the clinic.

I’ve just seen GrannyGravy’s post above mine which is worrying.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 01-Jul-22 10:39:51

Good morning everyone from a sunny/ cloudy Oxfordshire, an easy day today after our tour of Oxford Colleges and a couple of lectures yesterday, went dressed for Summer, as you do, came home like drowned rats, soaked through to the skin.
Anyway it was a very informative day and so lovely to see so many young people all eager to have an education.
It’s the closest I will ever get to the University of Oxford lectures so I made the most of it! And we had lunch in the oldest coffee shop certainly in the U.K. (1654).
So sorry that so many are poorly Marydoll or Missing
( urms ).
Happy Anniversary Susan have a lovely day.
Mick at last you are getting some answers.
Granmattie it is good that you managed to get some sleep at this very trying time.
Have a good 1st day of the Month everyone.

Marydoll Fri 01-Jul-22 10:39:34

Oh dear!
Best to have an email address for friends, just in case....

gillgran Fri 01-Jul-22 10:38:39

Oh goodness me! GrannyGravy , whatever for? Whoever next?

Congratulations Auntieflo, lovely to hear your good news of a new GGS. flowers

GrannyGravy13 Fri 01-Jul-22 10:26:28

Just a fleeting visit

There are four of our friends on the norty step

Please be careful PMs are not as private as one would expect.

NanKate Fri 01-Jul-22 10:22:12

Good morning Mick and All.

You are such a brave lady grandMattie. All your GN friends are here for you. ?

Hope all is going well with your DD Kitty ?

Glad you are keeping close to base Mary. There is definitely no place like home. ?

Glad you had a good hols NannyJ.

Happy Anniversary Susan56 ?

Just coming to the end of the first week looking after our DGSs 11 and 9. So many laughs and exhaustion! The eldest gave me a little Purple Heart pendant he bought me from the charity shop. I shall treasure it forever.

Auntieflo Fri 01-Jul-22 10:13:26

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
GrandMattie, so pleased to hear that you have had a good night's sleep, and that the plumbers were speedy and efficient.

I had an irreverent thought after reading Marydoll's post about her badly behaving kidneys. Tell that that unless they behave, you will have "Sherried kidneys" on toast, for lunch. Sorry ☺️

We had great news last night. Our latest great grand child, put in his very speedy appearance during the afternoon. I was emotional and almost speechless, not like meat all. Every day I have had my grand daughter on my mind, and hoping things would go well. They did. Sighs with relief.
Hoping all who are going through tough times will find some respite.
Have a good day one and all.

Grammaretto Fri 01-Jul-22 10:07:35

I had one of those on the valerian Ekwanimity amazing. Apparently they come from the south of France. Too hot for them there maybe. Hummingbird hawkmoth

hulahoop Fri 01-Jul-22 09:44:49

Happy Anniversary Susan56 .Good to see you got some well deserved rest Gm. My oh is going to defrost the fridge freezer later . Bedding out on line . We are picking up gc from school later gs is very generous with his cuddles looking forward to a few .

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 01-Jul-22 09:43:40

Good morning all from dull but dry Harrogate
Glad you have had re-assuring advice from your Doc Mick
You seem to have had one very busy day yesterday, glad you managed a sleep and a celebratory meal GrandMattie
Sorry you are having a rotten time of it
Marydoll but glad you are keeping out of hospital.
Hope both of your DDs are feeling better Kitty and Chrissielou
Yesterday I had a bit of a shock when I discovered the procedure I am having in 3 weeks isn’t what I thought it was. I tried to email the surgery but it couldn’t go through because I was ‘scamming’!!! Will phone shortly to find out why I am scam!!!
Today I have physio at 2pm at the hospital
Have the best day possible folks

GrannySomerset Fri 01-Jul-22 09:31:37

Funeral this morning of the lovely chap who looked after our garden - he came with the house so to speak. He was a major force in the local am dram world so there will be a lot of people wanting to say goodbye. He was a Roman Catholic and since their church is very small and the Anglican church is quite big the funeral will be in the larger building (it was after all Catholic for its first three and a half centuries).

Hoping for a reasonable day for all those dealing with illness and anxiety and that the forecast very heavy rain doesn’t materialise.

luluaugust Fri 01-Jul-22 09:17:50

Good morning all from a blowy W Kent. Free at last from Covid so off to get in a few supplies. DD1 and two adult GS arriving Tuesday so need to start thinking straight again.
Very best wishes to all.

EkwaNimitee Fri 01-Jul-22 09:13:35

Good morning Mick and everyone from a rather grey and damp looking Carlisle.
I finished work in the garden yesterday afternoon just before the rain set in. Whilst out there I noticed this strange creature hovering round my lavenders. A rather big beast that I later identified as a Hummingbird hawk moth. It behaved just like a hummingbird, hovering in front of a floret, wings just a blur, long proboscis probing for the nectar. Apparently they are mostly summer immigrants from France but can breed here. A few weeks ago, after working outside, I came in to find a large caterpillar walking round my sweater and identified that as a species of hawkmoth. I put it outside so maybe my adult was that or a sibling? Made my afternoon, not much wildlife appears in my garden.
Today I will finish a few small jobs and get some admin done plus a walk in the park if the weather stays dry.

I hope all the poorly get to feel better, it's a struggle for some of you at the moment.

Nannagarra Fri 01-Jul-22 09:08:59

Mattie ?

Blossoming Fri 01-Jul-22 09:08:17

Good morning Mick and all. It’s cloudy in my corner of Lancashire, currently 16°C.

I have a hairdresser appointment this afternoon and laundry to do this morning.

Seems your doc is on the ball Mick, hope things improve for you.

Happy Anniversary Susan56.

Thinking of all those going through difficult times. May today be a good one for us all, with a ?or ??along the way.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 01-Jul-22 09:04:51

No Urms today? Hope she’s just having a lie in and not back on the naughty step ?

baubles Fri 01-Jul-22 09:02:24

Happy anniversary Susan. ?