Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 6th July 2022

(48 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 06-Jul-22 05:51:03

Good Morning Everyone,
I have woken up to a dry but grey start here in brackley this morning.
My plans are to do a local shop early ,and if I feel OK , I may temp the bus to Bicester early , before I watch TV and todays stage of the tour .
Interesting watching the highlights last night , was a programme on ITV 4 featuring cycling history of Ireland ,and those Irish cyclists who became well known.
Take Care,
Mick

Durga Wed 06-Jul-22 14:44:48

Good morning from North Carolina in the US. It’s sunny and 95 degrees Fahrenheit. I yearn for your cloudy misty days.

Barmeyoldbat Wed 06-Jul-22 14:38:07

Hello everyone, not been on this thread for a while but decided I am coming back on as it’s lovely to hear how everyone is tackling their daily lives. So sorry Marydoll about your health and I hope it improves. Soon so you can enjoy the summer. I managed to get a face to face with Dr last week who said I needed blood tests but can’t get an appointment because;Bly a few are released on a daily basis. Don’t feel up to fighting it at the moment. I was knocked off my bike yesterday as I was sedately cycling along the road. It was a DPD van who didn’t stop at a side junction. I am not hurt apart from bruising but the poor driver went into shock when he realised what he had done. Phoned me today to see how I am and actually thanked me for my help. The worse bit was I was having 8 trigger point injections done in your back that evening and it was all on the side of the bruising. It hurt like merry hell but needed to be done. Today I am resting and tomorrow will take my poor bike for check up. Keep well everyone and enjoy the good weather

Party4 Wed 06-Jul-22 14:18:01

Actually feeling quite ill today Shazzakanazza but under control with paracetamol. I had my 4th booster in Feb as considered CEV and have continued to be careful due to caring for elderly relatives.
Do think the powers that be want to forget about Covid but no one prepared to be responsible for decision.I just want to do what's morally right by others.
I understand even nursing staff will no longer have a free sick pass for covid.
IF it's now just considered as bout of flu can someone make the official announcement.

grandMattie Wed 06-Jul-22 12:20:55

Brilliant news,*kalu*, so happy for you both! ?

Anniebach Wed 06-Jul-22 11:55:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grandma29 Wed 06-Jul-22 11:52:24

Good morning all. A windy cloudy day in Derby although sun trying to break through.
Today started stressful taking myyoung cat to the vet but good news all is well.
Shopping done, then lunch and hair appointment later.
Have a good day whatever and wherever you are.?

ShazzaKanazza Wed 06-Jul-22 11:51:04

Hope you don’t feel too ill with covid Party4. I think retesting after 5 days and isolating is sensible. I would do the same. ?

luluaugust Wed 06-Jul-22 11:41:21

Late good morning from an overcast W Kent. DD1 and Gs's now safely installed. SIL2 has tested positive for covid yesterday which has thrown all the family get togethers up in the air, what passes for normal life now I suppose.
Best wishes to everyone.

Party4 Wed 06-Jul-22 10:51:00

Morning all and thanks to Mick.
Bless you GMattie after such an emotional and busy time life will seem so empty sending loving thoughts.
Trip into town yesterday was a waste of time as unable buy a replacement outfit for DGD. Advised to look on line.
During outing developed terrible headache and generally unwell,once home fell asleep but woke with sniffles and headache.
This morning I have tested positive for Covid and do feel quite unwell. Nightmare getting any updated advice 1st call states no longer need to isolate other than CEV contact.I intend to isolate and retest after 5th day unless you well informed GNs can give updated advice.
My DIL in an education setting has been told to continue working.

Nannagarra Wed 06-Jul-22 10:33:29

Mattie ?

Mapleleaf Wed 06-Jul-22 10:25:22

Good morning everyone,

It’s a rather cloudy and breezy morning with the odd show of sunshine. It’s forecast to be like this all day.

grandMattie, I hope that you are able to get some rest and sleep, and wish you strength for the coming days, weeks and months ?.

? for you, too, Marydoll. I hope you have a better day today, and that the pain from the mouth ulcers eases.

Some grocery shopping to do today along with some ironing, so not very exciting. Meeting friends later though, which is much better.

Hope you manage your trip out on the bus today, Mick. Take it easy, though.

Blossoming Wed 06-Jul-22 10:03:30

Good morning Mick and all. It’s cloudy, grey and windy in my corner of Lancashire, currently 16°C.

I hope you are able to rest GrandMattie after all the struggles of the last few months. flowers

I have been loving following your walks Brook, its the sort of thing I loved doing pre brain injury. I have fond memories of dancing along cliff edges all around the UK. Strangely, it was always sunny! grin

Your grandson will grow into a thoughtful well-mannered young man Grandmabatty with lines like those.

Waving to Urms and the crumpet queen, missing their friendly chatty posts in this thread.

Hope all our poorly grans and loved ones are soon on the mend.

Stilllearning Wed 06-Jul-22 09:40:59

Morning everyone, so pleased to read your news Kalu!

I hope baubles managed to get out yesterday and enjoyed it.

Last exercise class today before a month’s break while our Dutch instructor heads home for the first time in three years. Like us she is in the old and vulnerable group so she’s driving home via the Eurotunnel as she feels safer travelling in her car and not having to mix in any crowds.

Grammaretto I joined a protest last evening about the threatened withdrawal of your bus service from Edinburgh and signed the petition so I have done my bit! I hope they do reverse the decision, it’s an outrageous proposal which would actually mean people couldn’t get to work.

Wishing everyone the best and most peaceful day possible ???

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 06-Jul-22 09:33:52

Good morning from a ‘was sunny but now dull but warm’ Chichester. We went to East Wittering beach yesterday and sat in the sun on the shingle just watching the sea, bliss for me, not so much for MrOops.
? for GM and her family
? for Marydoll
My thoughts are with anyone feeling under the weather.
? Urms
Hope everyone else has a good day.

EkwaNimitee Wed 06-Jul-22 09:20:58

Good morning Mick and everyone from cool grey Carlisle.
Yesterday I took the earliest steamer up Ullswater and sat on the open deck in the prow though I knew that wasn't usually a good idea. It wasn't, we were subjected to a stiff cold wind and, on changing direction for the final run up to Glenridding, flying spray from the white capped waves. Only 3 of us left there by the time we docked! I headed straight for the cafe and a hot coffee, all nicely timed to beat coach loads of oldies who had just arrived. A large invasion of Scottish folk but a friendly one these days. I had a walk about for an hour then back on the early afternoon boat by which time we had some sun to warm us (and I sat in the stern!). There was no sign of geese being dragged under by a Monster as had been reported. They were floating about in large rafts and got very cross when the boat drove through the middle of one lot.
I'll catch up with some housework this morning and maybe get out in the garden after lunch, weather permitting. I did have a routine telephone appointment with the haemochromatosis nurse booked but it's been cancelled, again, and will probably be more months before there's another. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned but probably indicates pressures at the hospital.

I hope those mouth ulcers don't torment you for much longer Marydoll and that there's effective treatment for them.

Anyone out there getting some sun, please send some north! Have a good day all.

GrannySomerset Wed 06-Jul-22 08:56:09

I am waiting for the chiropodist to arrive and then later this morning someone is coming to collect DH’s rise and recline chair, made for him (6 ft 4 inches) and so uncomfortable for me (5 ft 2 inches). I am donating it to the local nursing home who cared for him so well in his final few weeks. Singing this afternoon.

Thinking of grandMattie and hoping she is catching up on her sleep before dealing with the inevitable mountain of admin. It is so hard adjusting to the finality of death. Hope Marydoll can start to feel better soon; she is having such a tough time.

Kalu Wed 06-Jul-22 08:55:20

Thank you all and many thanks again for your support which I greatly appreciated. ❤️

Marydoll Wed 06-Jul-22 08:48:10

Kalu, wonderful news! ?

Jaxjacky Wed 06-Jul-22 08:46:17

Good morning from S Hants, high cloud, it was sunny earlier, we too could do with rain
Excellent news kalu much relief.
Enjoy Wimbledon Pittcity it was a riveting watch yesterday, we did so well in the cricket too.
A not much on day today, so I can potter.
gMattie thinking of you.
?? to all.

ShazzaKanazza Wed 06-Jul-22 08:35:17

Marydoll I’m so sorry you are feeling so poorly but you still have your sense of humour. Mouth ulcers are horrid?

Kalu that’s good news about your DH hope he’s ok today?

Good morning to our Urmstongran ? hoping you are reading x

harrigran Wed 06-Jul-22 08:34:56

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Plumber came yesterday morning and fixed the boiler, only took an hour.
Sister arrived after lunch, she had been out with an old school friend to a cafe in the local cemetery hmm she brought me a pretty Campanula plant to put on my patio.
We have not seen each other for three years and so much has happened in that time.
SIL is coming today to take me shopping.
Take care.

dragonfly46 Wed 06-Jul-22 08:24:06

Wonderful news Kalu.

dragonfly46 Wed 06-Jul-22 08:23:12

Good morning from cloudy Leicestershire although we are promised sun later.

Walking in the woods this afternoon after Ocado (butter at £9 a tub!) delivery then tea after.

Thinking of you Mattie and Marydoll.
Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Kalu Wed 06-Jul-22 08:22:02

Good morning everyone, it’s a grey, blustery day in Glasgow and I have been in the garden staking some fragile tall white campanula, kick start espresso followed by hip exercises and I am ready for the day ahead.

More wonderful news for DH who passed the swallow test yesterday and enjoyed his first mango smoothie. The build up waiting for this test is over and he is elated to have conquered one more mountain. I will be visiting him this afternoon with a flask of his preferred tea. What a relief!

Much love and strength to those who need it.

hollysteers Wed 06-Jul-22 08:16:27

Good morning Mick and all from Cloudy Chambers northwest coast. Wish I had sun as I’m off on a jolly to Morecambe (new to me) and Grange over Sands, last visited in the early seventies with late DH. Bit overtired as sang yesterday then bought lots of frames for paintings which have to be delivered soon. Should really stay home and get on with that as well as domestic stuff, but want to make the most of the ‘summer’ and gadabout. Anyway, I have made my sarnies and flask of coffee!
grandMattie ? and thoughts to all with troubles.