Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 7th July 2022

(45 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 07-Jul-22 05:49:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but its dry ,and signs that the ground is wet looking at paving.
Today , I am tempted with Bicester , but am I ready for it , think I my get my prescriptions today as well .
Otherwise glued to TV and watching cycling as to Tour De France as heads south towards swiss border .
Take Care,
Mick

Kalu Thu 07-Jul-22 10:41:28

Your post gave me a chuckle hulahoop. Still on duty, even on your days off! ?I am sure your DH appreciated you doing this for him. Anything to speed their recovery, we do it.

hulahoop Thu 07-Jul-22 10:07:05

It's just brightening up here ,we are going for a walk and lunch out. Marydoll sending healing vibes. Gm you are so stoic hope all goes smoothly. * Kalu*following a accident a few years ago my oh used to wait for me to help him shower ,I was still nursing then ,this was on my days off !!

hollysteers Thu 07-Jul-22 09:45:46

Good morning Mick and all from a dull northwest coast,
Glad to be home today as have had something time consuming every day for a while, the place looks as if it’s been burgled and I must frame some paintings.
Day trip yesterday very mixed, weather disappointing and although Grange over Sands (where Elizabeth Gaskell used to take a house) very nice, Morecambe, never seen before, sadly very run down. Even the nice views across the bay didn’t make up for it.
Thoughts to grandMattie from what I remember as a strange time and also to all those with worries.

aggie Thu 07-Jul-22 09:39:38

Good morning everyone from a sunny NI
I hope the paperwork doesn’t overwhelm you gM , my DD stayed calm and wheeled me through the paperwork and registration , I’m sure you will have help too
Marydoll I’m going to light a few virtual candles

Anniebach Thu 07-Jul-22 09:37:57

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

NanKate Thu 07-Jul-22 09:30:03

Good morning Mick and All.

What a bummer Marydoll ! Thinking of you. ?

Last full day of being in charge of our 2 GGSs. They have been good company, exhausting and funny. We are a step away from total overload ? They have flagged up that I keep repeating myself , repeating myself, repeating myself. No never ?

Mapleleaf Thu 07-Jul-22 09:28:37

Good morning from an overcast (at the moment) South Yorkshire.

I’m so sorry to read your news, Marydoll. I do hope the medics will be able to sort you out ??.

Not a lot on my agenda today. Pilates in a minute, so this will be brief & I’ll come back and read all the posts later.

Take care everyone.

EkwaNimitee Thu 07-Jul-22 09:08:22

Good morning Mick and everyone from cool grey Carlisle where it is beginning to show signs of brightening up. Which it is supposed to do.
I didn't know what to prioritise late yesterday afternoon...the ears were glued to the radio news, the eyes, at the same time, to the tennis plus I was also cooking dinner! Thankfully the last two turned out well, no comment on the first...
Later, I watched the Tour de France highlights. Those poor guys on the cobbles! Once, towing a caravan up to Dunkirk, we thought we'd take a shorter inland route for a change from the motorway. We didn't know about the cobbles, we were often down to walking pace and praying that nothing was emptying out of our cupboards etc in the 'van. Needless to say, it took far longer than the motorway but we did manage to just catch the intended ferry.
Today, a bit of housework this morning and maybe a stroll in the country park this afternoon.

Goodness, Marydoll you ARE having a battle with your body!
I'm glad to hear you have a supportive GP and I hope all goes as well as possible.

And the best possible day to all.

dustyangel Thu 07-Jul-22 09:08:11

Good morning everyone, we’re still in shade but it is a beautiful day out there.

I have to get my blood test results back today and have managed to mislay the collection slip so have to actually go down there myself. DD who arrived yesterday with SiL have borrowed the car to get essentials in so of course I’m feeling on edge until they return. Fingers crossed ?.

Marydoll virtual candles are being lit here now.

Thinking of you gM

Greyduster Thu 07-Jul-22 09:03:17

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a cloudy South Yorkshire. I woke up late this morning to the sounds of my house guest (SGS) leaving the house. Today is the last day of his conference and I guess he needed an early start. I don’t know; he was so late back last night I was asleep so I couldn’t ask him. It doesn’t even look as if he has made himself a cup of tea! Anyway he’s going home later today. I have a hairdressers appointment this afternoon and then I’m going over to DD’s for the night.
Mary like you, I found out this week that my doctor does not deserve the nickname - Dr Snippy - that my family had given her. I suppose they all have their off days don’t they. I’m glad yours has a handle on your condition.?
GM I hope your visit to the registrar is not as ponderous as mine when we seems to spend ages discussing whether the place DH was born, was actually in one Welsh borough or another! Then she had to check the spelling I had given her in case I’d got it wrong!
Have the best day you can folks.

BlueSapphire Thu 07-Jul-22 09:01:46

Good morning everyone from an overcast Northampton, but supposed to stay dry today.

Sainsbury's delivery shortly, then an early lunch followed by tap and ballet classes. An evening walk and dinner at the pub.

So sorry to hear your news, Marydoll, but hope things will soon be sorted out for you. Also thoughts with grandMattie.

Sar53 Thu 07-Jul-22 08:57:43

I know you don't want sympathy Marydoll but I am thinking of you xx

Chrissielou Thu 07-Jul-22 08:50:04

A very grey start here in Oxfordshire. Today, a long awaited and much needed hair appointment and later take GC for supper after collecting them from school. Throw in a dog walk and watering tomatoes and that's our day!
Thoughts for all those who are struggling.

Kalu Thu 07-Jul-22 08:49:33

Good morning everyone from a brighter, calmer start to the day in Glasgow.

I will be leaving shortly in full nursing mode to assist DH with showering, at his request. Huge changes since I last worked on a ward, much more relaxing of rules, open visiting, first name terms, so many changes from my old school training, I have to continually remind myself I am not on duty. ?. It is beneficial to DH and I to know I can play my small part of his care and recovery. The staff are all so welcoming and friendly which all bodes well as DH recovers.

Hoping you both enjoy your trips out today baubles and Stilllearning and fingers crossed your journey isn’t too arduous baubles ?. Gentle hugs and strength coming your way Marydoll.

Hoping today, is a good/better day for all.

Newquay Thu 07-Jul-22 08:48:41

Haven’t read lately as in Llandudno for a few days break with DH after his (prostate) ordeal over the last few months. It’s done him good.
So have only just learned of GM’s news. My deepest sympathy; peace after much suffering.
And ? to Marydoll. Our DD2 has had RA since she was about 18-we’re full of admiration for how she-and you-cope

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 07-Jul-22 08:31:01

Good morning all from cloudy between Harrogate and Leeds
Am on the train and will hopefully meet my school friend half way in Carlisle for the day. 1st time we’ve met since before lockdown.

dragonfly46 Thu 07-Jul-22 08:30:58

Good morning from cloudy Leicestershire.

Going up to the woods this morning for a coffee then May pop to Tesco. It is my nearest shop but not one I care for.

Marydoll what can I say? I hope the doctors can sort something out for you.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Beechnut Thu 07-Jul-22 08:28:40

Good Morning everyone from an overcast Severnside.

I’ve an appointment with the optician later today and will pick up my prescription and get a gardening magazine.
Enjoy you time with your dad Shazza. I used to enjoy my Thursday mornings with mine. He used to go out and do a bit of shopping on a Wednesday and he’d buy something treat wise for us.

Thinking of you all and hope you are able to have the best day you can ??

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 07-Jul-22 08:26:16

Good morning from a dull Chichester, I’m done with being away and need to get home, however we have 2 more days of planned visits so will hang on until Saturday morning and will tell our Host when we have packed that we are leaving early, I doubt she will mind, it will give her plenty of time to clean ready for the next group.
Hugs for GM and her family
Marydoll you are really going through the mill at the moment, I hope they soon sort out some effective treatment for you.
Have a good day everyone.

ginny Thu 07-Jul-22 08:18:05

Good morning.
We move on to Cornwall today after a lovely week with our friends in Devon

Healing thoughts to all who are poorly or troubled.
Have the best day possible

Grandmadinosaur Thu 07-Jul-22 08:08:56

Yes you are right jaxjacky it is tomorrow. Don’t know why I said it was today. Early morning not thinking straight!

Take care Marydoll ?

ShazzaKanazza Thu 07-Jul-22 08:07:33

Good Morning Mick and everyone.

grandMattie it’s good you have support as you prepare to say your final goodbye to your lovely man. Try to take those quieter moments for yourself?

Marydoll what to say! You couldn’t be going through more could you. Thankfully you have family and friends to lean on. ? unload all you want to us.

Today we are going over to York to see my Dad and take him for lunch. On the way we’ll call at a garden centre to get him one of his favourite steak pies. My step-mum is at work but it’s nice to get Dad to ourselves so he can chat away as Stepmum does tend to talk over him.

Hope our travelling friends have safe journeys and family visits are enjoyable and grandchildren give lovely cuddles.
Thinking of you all. ??

Grandmabatty Thu 07-Jul-22 08:03:36

Good morning all from Polmont where it's 13° and sunny. The forecast is good for today and tomorrow. Marydoll I know you don't want sympathy, but you have mine with a big virtual hug. It's made more difficult for you when your dh won't talk about it. Sar I hope you feel better soon. Grandmattie I'm in awe of your fortitude.
Yesterday I visited mum who was ok but hadn't got dressed. She was hinting that I do some gardening but I refused to be drawn. My brother lives with her and does little. Then I visited a friend who I've known since we were six. That's 58 years ago! Dd sent a message to say dgs1 has ear infections in both ears now and is on different antibiotics. Poor wee man. Then my aunt sent a message to say her lovely big dog had not made it through surgery. Everyone is upset as he was such a special dog. So a day of ups and downs.
Today I have just had a delivery of a high chair for dgs2. The previous one had a fault so couldn't be used. More play sand for the sandpit and a train set for dgs1 to play with at Grandma's. I'll go and water the garden soon, put a washing on and make the gooseberry jam I've been threatening to since Tuesday. Have a good day all.

Gingster Thu 07-Jul-22 07:52:03

Marydoll ?. Keep that chin up!

Jaxjacky Thu 07-Jul-22 07:50:00

Morning all from an overcast S Hants, enjoy Vienna llfl.
I think Norrie is tomorrow Grandmadinosaur? I hope so.
I’m out and about with a few things to get done in a short time as I’m on the volunteer phone too today.
Take care of yourself grandMattie May you have a ? in your day.
Have your best day all.