Gransnet forums

Chat

Strictly Come Dancing 2022

(185 Posts)
kittylester Thu 04-Aug-22 08:36:17

Well someone had to start the thread.

First celebrity was announced on Breakfast this morning.

Will Mellors - I like him!

123kitty Mon 10-Oct-22 16:25:53

Thank you Gabrielle I would like to know the answer too!

GoldenAge Mon 10-Oct-22 15:58:38

Grandmadinosaur - well as of yesterday Richie the traffic announcer has been booted off!

Joseanne Mon 10-Oct-22 14:14:06

The up to date dancing thread is entitled:
Strictly starts tonight.

Joseanne Mon 10-Oct-22 14:12:11

HannahLoisLuke

How old is this post? Strictly is already approaching week 4!

I've apologised for inadvertently resurrecting the earlier Strictly thread, which has now turned into a thread more about shape and size. For that reason I and others are sticking to the up to date thread to discuss the actual dancing, but it is inevitable that the two will cross over each other on the Active list. Apologies again.

HannahLoisLuke Mon 10-Oct-22 13:51:32

How old is this post? Strictly is already approaching week 4!

Parsley3 Mon 10-Oct-22 13:32:43

I caught up with this today and I loved Ellie's dance. She seems to be enjoying herself. Hamza has the most amazing hair. I know him from the Longleat programme.

Gabrielle56 Mon 10-Oct-22 13:28:43

?!?!? Why is this iteonly being in my email on 10.9?22?????

Sparklefizz Mon 10-Oct-22 13:12:40

No one has mentioned Helen's tender and poignant Viennese Waltz to "Hopelessly Devoted to You".

I thought she danced it elegantly and gracefully, and it was perhaps more meaningful because I was thinking about her husband who suddenly left her not long ago.

missdeke Mon 10-Oct-22 12:54:15

I only started watching Strictly in 2012 so I'm not bored by it yet. I like to see all the different dancers but have my opinions about who should have been voted out etc. I like Jayde I think she's a genuinely nice person. Tony can't really dance but he's very entertaining. Matt remembers all the steps but seems so floppy in the body and stiff in the face he's not at all entertaining in my opinion. I do like that new pro Vito grin

lixy Mon 10-Oct-22 12:45:01

I think the costumes really let them down - such a rare event for the Strictly wardrobe.
I enjoyed the Charlestons best in this episode.

Marg75 Mon 10-Oct-22 12:33:09

I don't know whether Ellie Simmonds has been mentioned on here but when I heard that she was going to be on, as I absolutely love her, I was a little worried for her in this harsh world of social media. But I have to say I find her dancing a little bit of magic! She just manages to look the part & dance the part given to her, and she's so brave & wonderful!

Vote for Ellie!!!! (no, I'm not a relation!).

MerylStreep Mon 10-Oct-22 12:20:53

Ailsa
You’ve either got rhythm or you haven’t, and Matt hasn’t.
It’s almost like watching dancing by numbers.

Ailsa43 Mon 10-Oct-22 12:12:58

Diane , and Tyler were the highlight for me..

Hamza is enchanting to watch...

I have no idea why Matt Goss remains, he will never be a dancer..

LizzieDrip Mon 10-Oct-22 12:07:58

I think Ellie Taylor is proving that being tall and slim doesn’t automatically make you into a good dancer.

I agree. I really like Ellie T. but she seems less comfortable in her own skin and less confident than Jayde - despite the fact that she (Ellie) is tall, slim, pretty and has long legs. It just shows that confidence and self belief come from inside, not from external appearance.

CvD66 Mon 10-Oct-22 12:06:16

So to those who DO enjoy the programme, let focus on who you did enjoy watching? For me Dianne & Tyler's dance was an absolute delight. To see a professional having so much fun, was great! Tyler is not a celebrity I know but he is showing lots of promise. Will Mellor is an absolute revelation. I thought he's be terrible but he's working hard. He's proving that a middle aged (46 years old) bloke CAN dance well. Go Will!!

Nicolenet Mon 10-Oct-22 11:57:10

I find it all boring

Nicolenet Mon 10-Oct-22 11:56:35

I find it old boring!

Joseanne Sun 09-Oct-22 20:35:58

I've seen the Lion King twice on stage and the costumes certainly weren't silly and embarrassing like those on Strictly. Not sure what they were trying to achieve.

Mollygo Sun 09-Oct-22 20:26:29

Well yes eazybee, but I’m always being told either, it’s a dancing competition, in which case the poorest dancers should go-but that would mean some contestants needn’t bother even starting, or it’s an entertainment show, in which case just vote for the ones you enjoy.
I didn’t vote, but I enjoyed the Charleston from Half a Sixpence (dancing) and Tony (unexpectedly entertaining). I didn’t rate the Lion King dance-mainly because it looked like jiggling around in costumes. Last week they were great, but this week they weren’t good dancers, so I would have put them in the bottom two.

Sparklefizz Sun 09-Oct-22 20:24:39

Totally agree eazybee

eazybee Sun 09-Oct-22 20:01:22

A travesty. Two good dancers in the dance-off, one sent home, while the dross with very little potential to improve is voted through.

Calendargirl Sun 09-Oct-22 20:00:15

Shirley seems biased against Fleur!

Calendargirl Sun 09-Oct-22 19:49:55

Hope Fleur gets through.

Casdon Sun 09-Oct-22 17:54:21

Kim19

C, I agree but was worried I was carrying a grudge because I thought he should have gone last week.

I thought James was really poor last night, he could be in the bottom two.

Kim19 Sun 09-Oct-22 17:49:24

C, I agree but was worried I was carrying a grudge because I thought he should have gone last week.