Gransnet forums

Chat

Vypr

(10 Posts)
VyprOfficial Tue 20-Sep-22 15:59:15

Germanshepherdsmum

I don’t know anything about this app, but would just caution against disclosing your dob online as it’s so easy for scammers to harvest your personal information - I always invent a date within the correct decade.

Hi all,
I work as a community executive at Vypr.

I can confirm that we ask for DOB as part of the onboarding process in order to create a demographic profile for you as a user (age and gender). This is necessary for our legitimate interest to provide our core services to our clients who are well known retailers and manufacturers undertaking research. This process is compliant with GDPR and if you wish to read the terms and conditions they can be found here vypr.it/en/privacy-policy-and-app-terms-of-use

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] and I will be happy to answer them!
We hope you continue to enjoy using the Vypr app!

Baggytrazzas Tue 16-Aug-22 13:35:55

me too

midgey Tue 16-Aug-22 13:22:10

Sounds like clever advertising on GN to me!

Baggytrazzas Tue 16-Aug-22 13:14:37

and I don't know anything about this app either.

Baggytrazzas Tue 16-Aug-22 13:13:41

i also do not use my real dob anywhere it isn't needed for official reasons.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 16-Aug-22 13:11:15

I don’t know anything about this app, but would just caution against disclosing your dob online as it’s so easy for scammers to harvest your personal information - I always invent a date within the correct decade.

chapelhouse1999 Tue 16-Aug-22 10:42:38

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

chapelhouse1999 Tue 16-Aug-22 10:40:07

Oh how strange that it didn't work for you. I have been using it and it is surprisingly easy to use and actually quite interesting. I do recommend persevering with it.

MerylStreep Thu 04-Aug-22 17:59:48

It seems like a lot of work for a fiver.
That fiver is for 10,000 points.

Armynanny Thu 04-Aug-22 17:52:14

I saw this advertised on here and thought I would give it a go but for some reason when I try and enter my dob etc it just gets stuck on updating profile. Has anyone else tried to use this app?