Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kitchen for kindly, caring folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 06-Aug-22 09:46:23

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals
And jolly good company...

WELCOME brew cupcake wine flowers sunshine smile

Yiayia4 Sat 01-Oct-22 21:38:00

Feel better Annsixty.
I’m not a strictly fan just catching up on Gogglebox always a few giggles!
Take care all.

brook2704 Sat 01-Oct-22 21:35:24

Hoping you feel a bit better soon Annsixty sending a warm hug ❤️

gillgran Sat 01-Oct-22 21:26:18

annsixty flowers

Jaxjacky Sat 01-Oct-22 21:01:34

Oh dear poorliness in the kitchen, wretched annsixty nausea is the pits, I hope you, Grannmarie and llfl are all back to full health very soon.
Very soggy brook, not my idea of fun at all.
We had the grandchildren here earlier, Imogen has txt me her Christmas list, all links, mostly clothing, I’ll get in early as for her birthday most had sold out.
No strictly here either Urms, I’ve been reading through my weekly newspaper, well, flicked the news bit, enjoying the supplements.
We all watched Top Gun Maverick this afternoon, great film, I’ll watch it again.
Enjoy your evening all and sleep well x

SueDonim Sat 01-Oct-22 20:24:05

flowers Annsixty. I wonder if you have what I am just recovering from. A very unpleasant bug, not the violent kind of tummy bug you’d imagine but low level and persistent. I’ve not eaten a proper meal since last weekend.

One tip is to make a rehydrate solution for yourself to sip, instead of water. It helps balance the electrolytes. Six teaspoons of sugar and half a teaspoon of salt dissolved in one litre of cool water. Keep in fridge and make a new batch every day.

I’ve been out today, just to get a few bits and pieces with dh. Rather wobbly on my legs but as the weather was nice it was a change of scene. I am impatient for normal service to resume!

My 94yo mum, still in hospital. has Covid. She has no symptoms. The ward has been closed for now.

Well, that’s all from me, not much energy to think, let alone type.

TOYA. ❤️

Urmstongran Sat 01-Oct-22 20:10:57

Thank you Blossoming.

It’s very quiet in the kitchen tonight anyway. So many empty chairs just a cat purring away on one of the cushions in the corner chair. There’s a lamp on though and it’s cosy.

I’ve just remembered many of you will be watching ‘Strictly’!
I’ll pop back later for a read.

Thinking of you annsixty.
Hoping we both sleep well tonight Blossoming without too many side effects tomorrow! ?

Blossoming Sat 01-Oct-22 19:08:37

Good evening lovely Kitcheners. I have had my ‘flu and Covid vaccinations today too Urms. I had them both in my left dodgy arm and it’s feeling very stiff and heavy. We’re supposed to be going to see my sister in Liverpool tomorrow as it was her birthday earlier this week, so I’m hoping I feel OK!

So sorry you’re feeling unwell Ann, a bit of sympathy wouldn’t go amiss. flowers

Bellanonna Sat 01-Oct-22 18:49:58

Enjoying their anniversary, I think urmstongran

Urmstongran Sat 01-Oct-22 18:46:36

X posts annsixty I’m sorry to hear you’re not feeling good. Nausea is a most horrid feeling. A doctor friend told me once that ginger biscuits help. If you’ve not got any in, perhaps text your granddaughter and ask her to bring some with her when she returns?

It can’t be easy feeling ‘meh’ at your age especially when you’re alone. I can appreciate you must feel a bit anxious and sidelined. I’m sending you a big virtual hug across from a Urmston over to Stockport dear lady.
?

Urmstongran Sat 01-Oct-22 18:39:03

Where’s soop?

annsixty Sat 01-Oct-22 18:37:15

Good evening all.
I only seem to come on here now to have a little moan but I feel if you can’t moan to friends who is there to moan to.

I haven’t felt well for a few days and I feel my family just don’t take it seriously. I am usually so well and upbeat that they think that I will probably always be the same, for ever really.
I am not ill but very nauseous and tired and not myself.
My GD was out last night, stayed at a friend’s house and today the pair of them have gone to spend the day with another friend.
She really should do these things and not have me to look after but a few sympathetic inquiries wouldn’t go amiss.

My S is pretending it isn’t happening and my D doesn’t know.

I have tea making equipment in my bedroom and don’t want to eat.
I wonder if I will lose some very unwelcome weight?
Knowing me, probably not.

Enough moaning, I hope as many of you who can have enjoyed your day and I wish you all a very pleasant evening.

Urmstongran Sat 01-Oct-22 18:36:43

‘Evening All’

Himself is just packing a holdall for his 4 nights away. They set off tomorrow at 8:30am. Allowing for a snack and a stop at Loch Lomond (lucky things it’s so beautiful up there) the journey usually takes eight hours. My uncle (81y) will share some of the driving.

I’ve poured myself a chilled rosé. Salmon and veg in an hour, all prepped. I don’t watch ‘Strictly’ (never got into it over the years) so later I plan to watch a film on Netflix.

Himself was just saying because of the drive up he will miss the Grand Prix AND the football - it’s the Manchester Utd -v- City derby match too! Oh well.
?

I had my Covid booster plus my ‘flu jab this morning done at the GP surgery. Paracetamol at the ready ...

brook2704 Sat 01-Oct-22 17:51:06

Oh so sorry to hear you’ve had covid grannmarie but good that you’re feeling a bit better now, take care and look after yourself
We’re just back at DD1s house, we went into Cambridge this afternoon for a look around and to pick a few things up from John Lewis. It’s always a treat for me to go there as we don’t have one anywhere near Inverness. Saw some people on the river punting in the rain, I think they would have got very wet!
Enjoy the time with your daughter llfl and hope your neck feels better soon

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 01-Oct-22 17:29:44

Hello everyone on a bright blue afternoon. Well it is here in West Oxfordshire. OH has gone to collect daughter from the bus. She has had an horrendous journey from London. Oxford Tube which took 3 hours, bus from Oxford which was delayed. I think she had a nice morning in Hyde Park with my younger son and their niece. I have been taking pain killers for my strained neck, I have been resting it all day so no driving! I am cooking a deconstructed toad in the hole for dinner. Daughter loves my caramel ice cream so we’ll have that too - and a glass of fizz.

Grannmarie Sat 01-Oct-22 14:04:24

Good afternoon, Soop and lovely Kitchen people!

Happy anniversary, Mr and Mrs Soop, I hope you're having a wonderful day. I can feel the joy in your happy wedding day photo.

Best wishes to all celebrating, love and prayers to those who need/ wish them, TOYA.

I've been AWOL with Covid, not an experience I'd care to repeat. Thankfully I'm on the mend now, had a negative result, still feeling very weak and my brain, such as it was, has turned to mush!

Lots of kitchen news to catch up on!

Doodle Fri 30-Sep-22 23:47:50

Many congratulations on your stepfathers 90th Urms I hope he enjoys Plockton. (Why does my mind immediately think it sounds like a place in Trumpton ?)

Doodle Fri 30-Sep-22 23:44:35

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow dear Soop and *MrSoop. ?? have a wonderful day.

cornergran Fri 30-Sep-22 23:12:15

That sounds better blossoming, one more hurdle and you’ll be a free woman.

soop, loved the portrait of Angus, what a cutie. A very happy anniversary to you and Mr Soop for tomorrow. Have the best day.

It’s been pouring all day here, chilly too. Hope it stops tomorrow as we will be traipsing off to the centre of a city for Mr C’s delayed echocardiogram. I’ll be pleased when we have the outcome which will inform a decision on surgery, or not. The back procedure truly wasn’t that traumatic, I’m delighted to report the bottom of my spine is almost pain free. Any bit that doesn’t hurt is a real bonus.

A happy birthday to your stepfather for tomorrow urms, he sounds a cheerful soul who will make the best of any birthday.

There are still remote aggravations to sort in the morning, this has been a week of them, but I am as they say getting there and can feel stress levels subsiding. Not asking for more.

Sleep well everyone. TOYA.

gillgran Fri 30-Sep-22 20:36:51

Congratulations & very best wishes Mr&MrsSoop, for your anniversary tomorrow.

Happy Birthday to your stepfather Urmstongran, also tomorrow.

At last we have rain in our part of Cambs., it started about 3pm this afternoon, the first "real" rain we've had.
You must have brought it with you, brook, thank you. Enjoy your family time.

Warm wishes to you all.

brook2704 Fri 30-Sep-22 20:00:46

Well done with getting the tickets Jax ? very happy DGD I bet!

Hellogirl1 Fri 30-Sep-22 19:53:51

Just wishing the Soops a VERY Happy Anniversary for tomorrow. I hope the sun shines on you both! xx

brook2704 Fri 30-Sep-22 19:19:28

The torrential rain has now arrived in Cambridge just in time for DD1 and SiL going out into town. They’ll be getting a taxi no doubt. Me and the DGSs have had pizza and are now snuggling on the sofa watching tv. Bath soon and then numerous bedtime stories to get through ?
Happy Anniversary for tomorrow Mr and Mrs Soop and a very Happy Birthday to your stepfather Urms I hope he enjoys his time away in Plockton and safe travels.

Jaxjacky Fri 30-Sep-22 19:16:44

Room for one more hulahoop and Urms my talents are elsewhere, just not found them yet ?
Many congratulations for tomorrow soop ?
You deserve a loyalty card llfl a thorough MOT by the sound of it.
90th birthday Urms he must be doing something right, please wish him many happy returns ??I’m sure his trip will be just right.
It’s a filthy night out there, truly autumnal, clearing tomorrow, which is good as we have the grandchildren during the day, my daughter is off to Nottingham with a friend to see George Ezra. At Imogen’s request, I queued online earlier today for Arctic Monkeys tickets, 45 minutes, good job we love them ❤️.
Now I must put the cottage pie in the oven, haven’t used it for 10 days, hope it knows it’s job, a glass of wine is in order.
Enjoy your evening all x

hulahoop Fri 30-Sep-22 18:14:24

Thanks Urmsthat would be very enjoyable.

Nannytopsy Fri 30-Sep-22 18:11:40

Happy Anniversary tomorrow to the soops! I hope the sun shines for you.
The rain has arrived here and is supposed to get heavier before it moves off.
Tomorrow I am off on a course on quilting with my sewing machine. I struggle to hold quilting needles now so I can’t hand quilt. I have all my bits and pieces cut out and packed. We spring cleaned the sitting room today (bit late!) and moved furniture slightly. I think it’s better!
Have a good evening everyone x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion