Gransnet forums

Chat

Thanks for the warning!!!

(12 Posts)
Grantanow Mon 15-Aug-22 12:10:11

Delivery by courier and Royal Mail does not seem to be worse than usual. Indeed seems fairly prompt but depends on the vendor send it out. Things are often marked as 'despatched' meaning they have done the picking and packing but the item has not yet left the premises. What does annoy me is oversized boxes wastefully used for small items which one then has to cut up and put in the recycling. Amazon, take note!

Blossoming Mon 15-Aug-22 12:08:10

That’s ridiculous Mine, what a waste of time and fuel.

Mine Mon 15-Aug-22 12:04:36

I ordered a table and chairs for my dining room which were to be here Fri 12th August...Van driver arrived when he said he would and handed me a box with 4 table legs in it...I stood waiting for the rest of the boxes while the driver informed me that the chairs and table top hadn't been barcoded and would arrive on Monday....So glad I wasn't having visitors at the weekend....

nanna8 Mon 15-Aug-22 11:57:02

Oh , good job you don’t live here. They don’t care when they deliver, early ,late or never ! Our postal service is dire.

Doodledog Mon 15-Aug-22 11:24:10

M0nica

it often occurs to me that the more a company talks of the (high) quality of its customer service and how important the customeris to them, the worse its customer service is.

Yes! They can protest too much grin.

M0nica Mon 15-Aug-22 11:22:01

it often occurs to me that the more a company talks of the (high) quality of its customer service and how important the customeris to them, the worse its customer service is.

Doodledog Mon 15-Aug-22 11:19:03

Delivery services of all kinds are getting less reliable, and it is as bad to get things early as late. We are away a lot, and often find that parcels are left on the step in the rain, as they arrived up to a week before the date given. It is maddening.

Humduh Mon 15-Aug-22 11:15:44

People with jobs often expect us to be up. I got my zillionth job rejected call, did not even know the day if the week...

Teacheranne Mon 15-Aug-22 11:02:24

The man who seems to deliver all my Evri parcels now is aware that I get up late and if it’s early, he rings the bell than waits for me to open my bedroom window ( bungalow) to hand it to me! He needs a photo but manages to take one of my hand holding it rather than full body!

sunseeker Mon 15-Aug-22 09:47:23

FarNorth

They thought doing it this way was more of a laugh??

Not for the driver it wasn't!! grin

FarNorth Mon 15-Aug-22 09:46:16

They thought doing it this way was more of a laugh??

sunseeker Mon 15-Aug-22 09:38:14

I ordered something online, received a message it would be delivered 23rd August.

This morning received a text at 9.15 saying it was being delivered today - between 7.00 and 9.00! It was actually delivered at 7.45, I was just out of bed and about to get in the shower. The delivery driver was very understanding (although may need trauma counselling - the sight of me first thing in the morning is not for the faint hearted). Why didn't the company text me yesterday to give me more notice! confused