Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 27th September 2022

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 27-Sep-22 05:46:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in brackley this morning.
It is looking like October for me will see appointments and surgery for me, update as an when.
Today, relax get the bus to Bicester and do a shop after a coffee and maybe a bacon and egg sarnie. Maybe meet up with some former work colleagues
Then come home
Take Care,
Mick

SunshineSally Tue 27-Sep-22 17:15:52

Jaxjacky

At last SunshineSally I’ll keep my fingers crossed for her.

Thank you xx

Jaxjacky Tue 27-Sep-22 17:06:05

At last SunshineSally I’ll keep my fingers crossed for her.

SunshineSally Tue 27-Sep-22 16:40:55

Wow Marydoll that’s amazing ?

MiL has JUST been moved to a ward - finally? visiting hours are ‘phone and check first’ due to the rise of COVID. God I so hope she doesn’t catch it ????

Take care of yourself x

Marydoll Tue 27-Sep-22 13:47:58

Sunshine Sally, a couple of months ago, NHS 24 sent me to A&E and to my surprise, I was seen immediately. I just couldnt face it jùst now.

brook2704 Tue 27-Sep-22 13:11:10

A very Happy Birthday NanKate enjoy your special day! ???

ginny Tue 27-Sep-22 12:32:11

Good afternoon everyone.
No chance to post earlier as smallest DGS came over first thing. We have been to the park and just got back before a downpour . At nearly 17 months he is full of beans so we are taking a quick rest whist he has a nap. His Mummy is busy seeing estate agents and rearranging the house ready to sell.
This evening DH and I are taking DD1 and SIL to Gatwick ready for their flight to Costa Rica in the morning.
Happy birthdays, get wells and non voyages to the respective people.
Hope all have a good day.

SunshineSally Tue 27-Sep-22 12:00:36

Thank you all for the good wishes and thoughts for my DMiL Unfortunately she didn’t get moved to a ward last night - there were no beds - so she is still in A&E! Not only that but one of the wards has just had an inpatient test positive for Covid ? so goodness knows what will happen now as they’re still trying to find a bed for her and that ward is in quarantine. It’s all so horrible. DH is taking his father in today to visit and see what’s going on. Hopefully we will know more and there will be an actual plan in place.

Marydoll in my opinion it is never quicker to go to A&E. Far better for your GP to contact the Medics (or other speciality) directly so that when you go to A&E you’re seen directly by them - rather than the A&E Doctor who then needs to refer upwards. Unless of course it’s a life and death situation - then go straight to A&E. That’s always been my experience anyway x

Litterpicker Tue 27-Sep-22 11:43:45

Good morning from coastal West Sussex where a beautiful early morning sky has turned grey.

I had forgotten your DiL was a project manager for the Burrell, Marydoll - it is a credit to her and all involved.

Kalu, that is a wonderful result from your Pilates teacher’s exercise suggestions (and your diligence in following her suggestions).

Grandmabatty, thank you for setting aside some of your lovely baking for me but I fear the tea will be stewed and the cake mouldy by the time I come north again ?. We plan a trip in December or January so maybe I will pop up on your doorstep then!

aggie that was an impressively decisive shopping trip. Could you decide my curtain fabric - I’ve been procrastinating for weeks?

Happy Birthdays to NanKate and Grandmadinosaur.

Beautiful seascape hollysteers - I wish you could have captured the sky outside my window this morning ?

Kalu Tue 27-Sep-22 10:05:02

Good morning all from a sunny, chilly Glasgow.

I made a start packing away summer clothes yesterday, also started washing the layers of winter attire in preparation for the coming months! Brr. What a horrible thought.
Looking forward to Pilates later to discover what other tricks Martha may have up her sleeve to aid my recovery.

Many happy returns of the day to you both Grandmadinosaur and NanKate. ???
Well done your DG Ash. No wonder you are bursting with pride.
What a beautiful seascape hollysteers. You are very talented and I love the colours.
You are such a kind soul. GM.

Best wishes to all for a good, if not better day to those with troubled times.

Blossoming Tue 27-Sep-22 10:04:01

Good morning Mick and everyone. A cold bright morning in this corner of Lancashire today.

I hope everything goes well for you Mick. It will be 5 years next month since my bowel cancer surgery and there’s been no recurrence. I hope it’s the same for you.

Nothing planned for today, I will take things as they come. I managed a decent night’s sleep again so things seem to have settled down.

You have a very generous nature GrandMattie, I’m glad the OT visit went smoothly.

Such a difficult situation Sally, try to look after yourself as well as others or you’ll be worn out.

What an amazing accolade for the dancers Ashcombe you must be very proud.

Good luck with the new dietary regime Urms, you can do it!

Love your beautiful painting Hollysteers, you are so talented. Seascapes are a favourite of mine.

Safe journey to all our travellers. Happy Birthday to NanKate and Grandmadinosaur.

Have a good day all ??

NanKate Tue 27-Sep-22 10:01:28

Thanks folks for the good wishes. I shall celebrate ??? at your insistence ?

luluaugust Tue 27-Sep-22 09:58:39

Good morning from a chilly W Kent. Off to collect prescriptions and do some birthday shopping, October is a busy month for birthdays.
Awful to read of a 90 year old kept waiting so long it seems to be universal now, I agree what is the winter going to be like. I hope your hospital appointments are sorted out soon Mick
Happy birthday to Grandmadinosaur and NanKate
All the best

aggie Tue 27-Sep-22 09:50:23

Good Morning all, from a soggy Co Armagh , at least the wind has abated
Yesterday was busy , my washing machine has been playing up and fusing the electric in the kitchen so we gave up and , after trawling the internet , set off for the local Electrics shop
The salesman was completely flummoxed when I prowled the aisles till I found my preferred machine and got out my card , no sales talk needed
Then I asked about an airfryer ! He got down an all dancing , all singing version , but I’d already decided on a less expensive one
DD bought the fancy one and I got the last cheap one , it’s all I need
I got a big discount without even asking , in that it is being delivered and plumbed in , the old one taken away , for nominal charge ! It’s coming today , and I’ve tried out the air fryer and it’s great
If I’d bought on line goodness knows when it would have come
I don’t comment on other messages much , but I am concerned at all the A+E difficulties , appointment mess ups , and wonder how this winter is going to play out !
Our GP practice has ordered us all to come get flu and booster vaccinations , just gave times when they are available but no set time for each person , hope we don’t all roll up at the same time ! I am trawling around for a lift as my usual suspects are working and it’s too short notice to get time off !
Last booster session was very chaotic and that was with appointments !
Today is breath and gather myself day ?

Auntieflo Tue 27-Sep-22 09:48:18

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
We had both our Flu and Covid jabs on Saturday, and it wiped me out for a couple of days. Feeling much better now, but the Plantar Fasciitis under my heel, is still painful. I am so fed up with aches all over.
Yesterday DH managed to spill a glass of water all over a small table, which meant the room thermostat got a soaking. It sends signals to the boiler, so if it had failed, we would have had to get a new one. £200+. Luckily I managed to dry it out, tissues, a warm hairdryer and a warm wheat bag.
Now he has just spilt a box of sultanas all over the kitchen floor. There must be a third somewhere!

Happy Birthday to all the birthday girls.
Love your painting Hollysteers
Must get a move on as I have a friend visiting soon
Have a good day one and all.

Beechnut Tue 27-Sep-22 09:44:35

Happy Birthday NanKate ??

hollysteers Tue 27-Sep-22 09:28:27

An acrylic

hollysteers Tue 27-Sep-22 09:28:03

Good morning Mick and all from a brightening northwest coast. Your appointments are a bother Mick.
DD and sister here from Thursday, so a little preparation towards that and I have nearly cleared the dining room table of music and art stuff so we can have a civilised meal together.
Music club this afternoon and I’m still deciding what to sing…
Happy Birthday Nankate and Grandmadinosaur and what an angel you are Grandmattie!
A acrylic seascape I prepared earlier ?

Pittcity Tue 27-Sep-22 09:14:16

Happy birthday Nankate and Grandmadinosaur ????

Grandmabatty Tue 27-Sep-22 09:13:25

Happy birthday to Nankate too!

Grandmadinosaur Tue 27-Sep-22 08:54:22

A very Happy Birthday to my GN twin NanKate ??? also thank you for remembering it was also my birthday!

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. I had an alarming episode earlier. DH had left for the gym. When I came down he’d put some Led lights spelling Happy Birthday on the mantel piece. I was in the kitchen doing my porridge when I heard a crash. It was the lights on the floor and they had knocked one of my porcelain rabbits to the floor smashed to smithereens. Spooky.

baubles Tue 27-Sep-22 08:45:26

Good morning all from sunny South Lanarkshire.

I’m so sorry for your in-laws Sally, what a dreadful experience.

Your little DGD and friends did so well Ashcombe. Congratulations to her.

Safe journey to all who are travelling today and good wishes to those having medical procedures or treatments.

Happy birthday Grandmadinosaur and Nankate.

Meal planning and shopping today. The car has to have two new tyres, blimey they’re expensive!

Have the best day possible everyone.

EkwaNimitee Tue 27-Sep-22 08:32:29

Good morning Mick and everyone from bright but chilly Carlisle.
Just been pinged by my credit card company to say they've declined a transaction on my card in case it was fraud. Well good for them but it was me, buying a computer. Now, do I try and get hold of the retailer or wait till they contact me?! It's supposed to be coming next week.

I had that problem with my last car BlueBalou. It was a big diesel estate we had for towing our caravan. I kept it when both DH and the caravan were no longer as it was useful for carting large loads back from the garden centre. But I had no need to do long trips and it let me down with the battery draining about 4 times in six months. It was a car that needed exercise. The last time it happened I was going for a GP appointment and had to dash round to a neighbour for a lift. That sealed its fate. I traded it in for a brand new Nissan Micra which I am very pleased with. The only drawback is that I can't get a decent sized tree in it!

Do have a good day, all.

BlueSapphire Tue 27-Sep-22 08:25:04

Good morning everyone from a grey and damp Northampton, showers forecast this morning, but should be a dry afternoon,.which will be good for our walking group.

Before.that must give the bathrooms a clean and tidy the kitchen,.Then an early lunch - walking group starts at 1.30.

Decided to have a trip into town yesterday afternoon to visit the bank - realised that I still had some old bank-notes in the DGD's savings pots, and the old notes go out of circulation at the end of the week. Also had some Euros to exchange and pay back into my account. Had a nice chat with the cashier who advised me not to exchange the Euros but keep them for my next European trip, but as next year's holidays are nowhere near the Eurozone I decided I'd rather have the sterling in my bank account! Then had a mooch around the shops and came home with a new jumper and two long-sleeved t-shirts for winter yoga classes. Wore my new shoes out for the first time yesterday, and they are soooo comfortable. Came home and threw my old battered comfy shoes in the bin.

Must get a move on and get things done.

Happy birthday ? flowers Grandmadinosaur.

Marydoll Tue 27-Sep-22 08:21:20

Happy birthday to * Grandmadinosaur* and my buddy NanKate, one of the first friends I ever made on GN.
Have a lovely day, both of you. ????

Marydoll Tue 27-Sep-22 08:17:58

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where its 7°C.

Sunshine Sally, what a dreadful and shocking experience for your MIL. No-one should be treated with such lack of compassion and dignity. When I was in A&E a few months ago, I couldn't believe how many people had gone with minor ailments, due to being unable to access a GP, thus clogging up the system.
I know this because, due to the lack of privacy, I could hear other patients being treated.
My GP keeps suggesting I go to A&E to speed up a diagnosis. However, experiences like your poor MIL's experience is one of the reasons I don't go. I hope she is more comfortable now.

Today, we have to put upstairs back in order. How can decorating one bedroom cause such chaos?
It took six loads of washing to deal with throws, duvet etc. I was exhausted and feeling pretty iffy last night. My heart condition is making me quite breathless at the moment.
They were an extravagance at the time and are in good condition, so I will see if the charity shop will take them. I'm unsure if they do.
DH was driving me mad yesterday, with his DISorganisational skills, so much so that I took my self off to see Dollie. Otherwise we wouldn't have reached our anniversary on Friday. ?
I mean, why on earth should he cover the headboard with a dust sheet. Because, as is your want and previous convictions, it will be covered in paint! ?

You must be a very proud gran Ash. Dollie has taken up ballet, I fear she will never reach the dizzy heights of Sadler's Wells, but the important thing is that she loves it! It's hilarious, when she demonstrates the ballet positions and I have to copy her.?
Pleased to hear the OT assessment went well, GM.

Wishing you and any other travellers a safe journey Oops, hoping all appointments go well and for those, who are struggling, a gentle day.
Have the best day possible, everyone.