Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 30th September 2022

(79 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 30-Sep-22 05:57:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside at the moment in brackley .
Today , a small local shop to start for basics ,and then get bus to Bicester , return and go to get some Fish & Chips .
I contacted my sugary as to iron tablets using patients access and messaging my Doctor , reply was missing a few days will not hurt as the Iron Infusion I will be having will more than make up for it.
Take Care,
Mick

mamaa Fri 30-Sep-22 15:52:38

Good news Chrissielou and Blossoming; Congratulations to those with Happy celebrations today, and ? to those feeling a bit ‘meh’ and out of sorts. Sorry so late posting I’ve no idea where today has gone!

Grammaretto Fri 30-Sep-22 15:47:20

Blossoming I am thrilled for you grin that's brilliant news

Mapleleaf Fri 30-Sep-22 15:22:06

Good news Blossoming ?.

Kalu Fri 30-Sep-22 15:18:16

So sorry Blossoming. I have just caught up with your wonderful news too. You must still be on cloud nine after receiving your phone call yesterday. I am so very happy you will no longer have such worrying thoughts in. your head. Huge relief. ?

Grandmajean Fri 30-Sep-22 14:54:41

Chrisslou so pleased for you.

Jaxjacky Fri 30-Sep-22 12:43:38

The best news Chrissielou you can all breathe.

hollysteers Fri 30-Sep-22 12:05:53

Good morning Mick and all from the northwest coast, popping in late to say fab news Chrissielou? and ? to Blossoming
Sister here so gadding about with her, out for lunch soon, then she has a meet up with old friend tonight.
DD arrives later from the south and is also meeting up with old school friends, so I will have an evening to myself.
Pouring with rain here.

Mapleleaf Fri 30-Sep-22 12:00:22

Good morning all (just) - I’m rather late to the party today, I got carried away with my jobs.

Such excellent news, Chrissielou. You must be so relieved and thankful. ?

Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Marydoll. I hope you enjoy your lunch out. ??

Hope all goes well for you and your friend this afternoon, grandMattie. Don’t forget to factor in some “me” time for yourself, though. It’s a big thing you are taking on, and I admire your kindness.

Mick pleased to read that you are getting your medication sorted out.

It looks very grey outside, and rain is forecast for this afternoon, so it looks like I’ll be drying my bedding indoors today.

Well, I hope you all have a good afternoon. Take care.

Chrissielou Fri 30-Sep-22 11:28:07

Thank you all for your lovely kind messages, I feel so humbled by such warmth. DD1 was stage 4 in January so this outcome is like a miracle.

Blossoming delighted to hear your news too, how wonderful.

Happy Anniversary to you Marydoll I'm saddened to hear your health update though.

Sending you all a warm hug with my appreciation and thanks.

Nannagarra Fri 30-Sep-22 11:11:07

Good morning from rainy Sefton.
Excellent news Chrissielou. I’m also pleased to hear about your results Blossoming. Happy 45th WA Marydoll.
????
Flu jabs for us this afternoon.

Grammaretto Fri 30-Sep-22 10:32:52

Good morning all from a very wild and windy Scottish Borders.
I was so happy to read your news today Chrissielou couldn't be better.
But very sorry to hear yours Marydoll

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr Doll. Enjoy the occasion to the max.

I am calling on DMiL today for lunch and a blether.
Her DD (SiL) now has covid so we are anxious that the oldest lady avoids it. She hasn't yet had her winter booster or flu jag.

My Helper is still testing positive but the line is definitely fainter and he is now clearing out and sorting (labelling everything) my storeroom so I am pleased.

Today is the final day for using paper money legally and for sending in your meter readings.

I do hope that the guest house/nursing home aka grandMattie's establishment works out well I had to be careful how I phrased that grin

Kalu Fri 30-Sep-22 10:27:20

Good morning all from a wet and windy Glasgow. Wish I hadn’t put off going to Waitrose yesterday when it was a much more pleasant day. Oh well, needs must and I will wrap up and brave the storm.

I am over the moon to read your good news this morning Chrissie. Such a wonderful feeling of relief it must be for your DD. Wishing her all the very best as she gets on with life.
Happy Anniversary to the love birds Mr&Mrs Marydoll
??? Slainte - it’s non alcoholic?
Your photos are transporting me back to Menorca Shazza. Reminiscent of many happy times there.
Beautiful photo of Seville too.
You are such a good soul Gm All the best to you and your friend.

Hopefully a good day for all, including those with worrying times at present.

ginny Fri 30-Sep-22 10:25:49

Happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs Marydoll. ?

Blossoming Fri 30-Sep-22 10:25:08

Happy Anniversary to you and your DH Marydoll ??

Blossoming Fri 30-Sep-22 10:23:40

Good morning Mick and everyone. A cold and cloudy morning in this corner of Lancashire.

The heating has been on for an hour first thing this morning and the house has warmed up nicely. It’s off again now though grin The weather has changed so suddenly here. Thunderstorms forecast for later, I wonder if this is Hurricane Ian paying a visit?

My cancer nurse rang yesterday lunchtime. The cancer antigen tests are all clear, which is wonderful news. I will receive an appointment for a chest CT scan in the next 2 weeks, then all being well I will be discharged. I see your daughter has received similar news Chrissielou, you must be so relieved!

Healing virtual hugs to all who are under the weather. That sounds like an unpleasant virus SueD, hope it clears up soon.

After reading all your posts I think it will be fish and chips for tea!

Have a good day all ???

Urmstongran Fri 30-Sep-22 10:22:33

? Doodle! ?

Doodle Fri 30-Sep-22 10:20:26

Happy anniversary Mr&Mrs Doll enjoy your day ?? (non alcoholic for you Marydoll ?)

grandMattie Fri 30-Sep-22 10:10:57

What lovely news, Chrissielou.
Marydoll, happy anniversary. ??
DH and would have celebrated 45 years next month. Me too, he missed me and only wrote to me once, much the same reasons!

NanKate Fri 30-Sep-22 09:35:50

Have a lovely lunch out for your wedding anniversary, to the Marydolls. ??

Your sparkiness is a lesson to us all.

Love from your old Sassenach Pal. ?

Anniebach Fri 30-Sep-22 09:32:43

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Georgesgran Fri 30-Sep-22 09:31:35

Good morning from Durham. Very misty last night, but a beautiful golden dawn, although still and grey now.
Wonderful news Chrissielou - the NHS at its best. You must all be so relieved. It brought a tear to my eye.
Happy Anniversary to The Dolls - hope you have a good day.
Full of admiration for gM too. I have a delivery later, for which I’ve got to be in, then a rare meal out with a friend tonight. Still have DD2’s older dog here, but he’s on garden exercise only.
Have a good day.

Greyduster Fri 30-Sep-22 09:25:34

A very late good morning, Michael and all GNs from a dreary, chilly South Yorkshire. Sorted my house insurance yesterday, gave the conservatory a good clean now all the flies have gone to wherever flies go in the winter, had a foray into the garage and chucked some stuff away, and then spent an unconscionable amount of time trying to get TalkTalk to stop sending me large print bills as well as my online bill! 6 pages of A4 in a plastic wrapper that all goes straight in the bin! I’m not unusually sight deficient and have never requested them. We’ll see what happens. Today I have to buy some fish as DD is coming over for the day tomorrow and has requested a fish pie for lunch.
That’s the trouble with runner beans, Wyllow! Always happened to us when we had an allotment, no matter how much staggered sowing we did!
Lovely news, Chrissielou!??
Get yer feet up, Corner! That’s an order!
Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Marydoll! Have a lovely day??!
Have the best day you can today folks.

EkwaNimitee Fri 30-Sep-22 09:17:14

Good morning Mick and everyone from a very cloudy Carlisle. The forecast rain hasn't yet arrived.
Yesterday I was due to go out early for my covid jab when I was texted to inform me that a very important delivery i.e my computer was due to arrive, I'd been told earlier in the week that it would be next Monday. What to do? I didn't want to cancel the covid jab and eventually decided that as I'd never seen UPS deliver round this estate before late morning, that I'd risk an hour away. I was lucky! It arrived midday so I had an afternoon setting it up which really meant waiting a few hours while it transferred stuff from the old one. It's so much faster, the old one had got so slow.
Today I woke with a headache and sore arm but I will have a blitz round with the vacuum and do a few little jobs.

What a relief for you all Chrissielou, I'm delighted for your daughter.
And Happy Anniversary Marydoll
Wishing everyone a pleasant trouble-free day.

luluaugust Fri 30-Sep-22 09:15:46

Good morning all from a sunny W Kent. Off to the supermarket this morning and then GC care this afternoon, not that he needs looking after now but we shall probably watch an episode of Ghosts together as he finds the idea fascinating.
Happy anniversary Marydoll
Wonderful news Chrissielou so pleased for your family.
I do hope all goes to plan GrandMattie
Best wishes to all.

SunshineSally Fri 30-Sep-22 09:15:36

A late good morning Mick and everyone from a sunny but chilly south Hants ☀️

grandMattie Glad to hear all the hospital equipment arrived yesterday. I hope everything goes well and you are able to enjoy having company.

ChrissieLou Such wonderful news re DD1 - so happy for you all

Marydoll Happy Anniversary to you both. Enjoy your special day. So sorry to hear your news and keeping everything crossed that your cardiologist will have a good plan of action for you that you’re happy with.

Am enjoying seeing all the photos being posted.

DMiL will be in hospital a while yet - she has heart failure so is undergoing lots of tests. We had a bit of a day again yesterday where FiL was told no visits allowed and he rang us up very upset and in tears asking us to tell MiL that she was not allowed visitors. A phone call to the hospital (hanging on for ages) and was able to ring him back and say that he was allowed to visit after all! A bloody nightmare all round as it does feel like the left hand doesn’t know what the right one is doing and it changes depending on who is in charge on the day! ?

Hope all appointments go well and sending good wishes to those in pain or with worries??
Hugs and flowers for you all ?? x