Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 01-Nov-22 17:01:27

Here we are again
Happy to be together
All good pals
and jolly good company.

WELCOME to you lovely lot.

Hellogirl1 Sun 11-Dec-22 22:02:46

SueDonim, good to hear better news of your son.
I`m really not looking forward to our David`s funeral on the 22nd. He loved Christmas, so a few of us are going for a meal on Christmas Eve in his memory.

Urmstongran Sun 11-Dec-22 18:34:39

‘Evening All’

Here I am, just sided the table and washed up after my stepfather ‘s Sunday visit. We all enjoyed each other’s company. I assured him he definitely adds to our enjoyment. People are the icing on the cake of life’s pleasure, most certainly in my opinion. Everything else is just ‘stuff’. Well that’s my (Humanist) viewpoint.

We’ve been out before eating, to a local pub that none of us have ever been in! It was lovely & it was only 5 minutes away. Warm, convivial atmosphere with gorgeous Christmas decorations. We said we think less nice places have gone to the wall, but those still trading know how to do ‘it’. Anyway while in there we reminisced & easily drew up between us about a dozen local pubs we have been in for YEARS! (One of them was, as I reminded my stepfather, where we first met him and mum, some 30 years ago - which was less intense than ‘a meal’ 😊) so we have decided to visit them all, pre Sunday lunches.

Anyway I’m wittering on... I think I’m slightly ‘over relaxed’ as my friend used to say. Just poured myself a Baileys. I might regret this ‘one for the road’ in the morning but right now it’s just what I want.

The photo tonight?
It’s Petula, Cilla and Sandie Shaw. I’ve asked Alexa to play ‘Downtown’ (my favourite of Petula’s from the 60’s), ‘Anyone Who Had a Heart’ (Cilla, your early vocals were amazing!) and Sandie Shaw’s ‘Puppet on a String’.

Himself will be home soon. After dropping my stepfather off he was going over to have a game of chess with the Boy Wonder who’s got through to the school final mid week.
💙

SueDonim Sun 11-Dec-22 18:20:40

Thank you, everyone. You’re all so kind. ❤️

Annsixty flowers

Jaxjacky Sun 11-Dec-22 18:16:58

Hi all,
I’m hoping for both a positive pathology report SueD and similar positive news for your daughter, a very worrying time for you 💐
Don’t fret annsixty grief and memories catch us on the hop, nothing to be embarrassed about.
We had a smashing evening with my son and his partner, lots of laughs, so good to have more than fleeting meet ups or with other family there.
We’ve had the laziest day, it drizzled, sleeted and now it’s freezing, not good for MrJ off to work tomorrow. Slow cooker beef casserole smells lovely ‘just the job’ my dear Dad used to say.
Enjoy your evening all x

Baggs Sun 11-Dec-22 18:10:54

annsixty, hugs.

kittylester Sun 11-Dec-22 17:31:44

So glad you have had good news of your son SueDonim. I so hope the good news keeps coming. We are here anyway - to celebrate or support.

Sending love and hugs to everyone else. My poor addled brain can't remember everything. TOYA

Ann, I hope you feel a little better after your cry. You haven't let anyone down at all.

brook2704 Sun 11-Dec-22 17:19:19

Hoping your DS continues to recovers well SueD and the pathology report is good news too. Also hoping your DDs clinic appointment goes well and safe journey home tomorrow

annsixty 💐 don’t feel like you’ve let yourself down - you haven’t

Grannmarie Sun 11-Dec-22 16:38:19

Good afternoon, Soop and lovely Kitchen people!🥰
Sweetie Pie must think you're running a 5 star 🌟 cat hotel, Soop, he's well spoiled!🤣

I'm just catching up on Kitchen news after a busy spell, family lunch here yesterday, DGS2 was a real tonic for his Papa, singing his Christmas songs . DH has been missing him recently cos he's not been fit for our childcare days.
My sisters were here for lunch this afternoon, we had a good catch up.
I'm now going to write the Christmas cards which require posting, I heard that the last date for second class mail is tomorrow? I think it has been brought forward because of the strikes.

YiaYia, your visit with your DS will do you both a power of good. I'm glad to hear that he is getting good support from work.

SueD, thinking of you and your DS and DD.

Annsixty flowers

MOMB, enjoy your break, it sounds wonderful. We had a caravan at Stranraer when the boys were wee, used to have picnics at Corsewall Point. Lovely scenery.

Urms/Blossoming, I share your fondness of purple. I remember my teacher looking at my drawings and telling me I was' too inclined' to purple. I was about 7! But I've never forgotten her turn of phrase. My favourite chocolate in the whole world is the purple one!

Ladyleftfieldlover, hope you have recovered from your migraine. Thankfully, I haven't been troubled by my visual migraine auras recently. At one point a few months ago they were almost a daily occurrence.

Grandmabatty, enjoy your jammy day, you certainly deserve it. You're always on the go!

Kitty, super photos. Best wishes for your continued recovery.

Sending love and prayers to all who need/wish them. TOYA. 💕🙏

soop Sun 11-Dec-22 16:11:40

Thirty three visits to go before we open our new kitchen. I shall hasten away to launder the rugs and cushion covers in readiness. Get baking, ladies.

Enjoy your Sunday evening. Beware of slippery pavements, if you should venture outside. We shall remain here with a log fire and watch the Orson Welles 5* film mid-evening.

Night night. smile moon

soop Sun 11-Dec-22 16:06:18

SueDonim All good, healing thoughts winging their way from my home to you and your dear family. flowers

Blossoming We are fans of locomotives. The more senior, the better.

annsixty, dear lady, you are human. Never apologise for sharing your feelings. Had I been in your position, I would have behaved in exactly the same way. flowers

Grandmabatty How lovely for you to attend the ballet performance. I last went to the ballet, Swan Lake, in Plymouth about forty five years ago. Magical!

Which is more than be said regarding the England v France match. Tell me, please, can any of you recall football players being so rough and tumble in the days of Stanley Matthews? Also, the ref was, methinks, biased. [hmm[

Sweetie Pie (feral cat) spent the night in his apartment, sleeping on a thick fleece in a cosy cat bed. Breakfast was four pouches of premium cat food with a sprinkling of biscuits. Lunch consisted of two further pouches of salmon and a handful of cat biscuits. Not a word of thanks. No offer to wash the dishes. I ask you. grin

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 11-Dec-22 15:57:09

Yes Brook, I made the stained glass garden ornament. I’d like to make more! OH and I had a delicious lunch and are now stuffed. Commiserations to all of you who are currently suffering. I am thinking of you all🌹🌹🌹

Blossoming Sun 11-Dec-22 15:44:15

Good afternoon lovely. Great news about your son SueD, I hope the pathology report is good and he has a speedy recovery from the op.
AnnSixty sometimes you have to let it out and it’s never at the best time flowers. You haven’t let anyone down.
I hope you had a peaceful day Grandmabatty after yesterday’s mountaineering expedition grin
I’m wrapped in a fleecy blanket, listening to The Christmas Chronicles and watching the Santa trains. No more snow here today but plenty of ice. Here’s a pic of the Santa train preparing to set off yesterday morning. Not my pic but I thought any train lovers might like it smile

annsixty Sun 11-Dec-22 15:16:28

Suedonim hoping for the very best news for you very soon.
I went out for a meal last night with my GD and her friend, it was a Thankyou to her for being such a good friend to my GD and a lovely young friend to me.
The food was really lovely, just too much of it.
I felt I had to apologise for our pretty full plates which went back.
Then I let myself down I’m sorry to say.
I started weeping at the table missing my H so much.
My GD was so upset, she has never seen me cry, neither has anyone else since he died three and a half years ago.
So I send my very warmest wishes to everyone for whatever is likely to make them sad in the coming days.
I know just how you feel.

Grandmabatty Sun 11-Dec-22 15:05:03

Suedonim 💐 for you and your family. Take care

SueDonim Sun 11-Dec-22 13:46:53

Popping in to let Kitcheners know that DS had his op on Friday. It was 4+hrs long but they’re pleased with how it went and we now await the pathology report. DS is going home today to continue his recovery there. He’s remarkably stoical and cheerful, my darling boy. ❤️

Tomorrow dd is attending a clinic about her problem so another nail-biting day ahead.

We are at my other son’s house in Hampshire right now, heading home to Scotland tomorrow.

TOYA. Xxx

Grandmabatty Sun 11-Dec-22 13:22:50

Afternoon kitcheners. I love looking at your snowy photos but I'm very glad it's dry here! After my travels yesterday, I'm having a jammies day today. I haven't done that for years. What's the betting I get visitors this afternoon? My best wishes to you all.

brook2704 Sun 11-Dec-22 13:19:27

Hello kitchen pals, not much happening here in Inverness today, DH has just returned from work and I’ve had a lazy morning. He’s got a good little part time morning job at the local pub, he looks after the garden in the summer months and in the winter he cleans and relights two big log fires that they have in the restaurant. I think everyone will be trying to get a seat by the log fire today.
Thanks for your garden picture llfl was it you who made that beautiful stained glass decoration earlier this year? I had a wander around the garden this morning too, I can’t do any work in the garden as it’s too snowy but I checked out what was growing. I’ve a rose still in bloom and the winter Jasmin is flowering - there’s always something to see
This afternoon I think I’m going to find a Christmas film to watch on the Tv
Take care all and enjoy your Sunday

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 11-Dec-22 11:44:18

Hello everyone. We have snow - just a little but at 8 am the scene was a white winter wonderland. The road looks clear which is good. We are going out for lunch. Here is my back garden. There are still flowers in bloom!

kittylester Sun 11-Dec-22 07:02:13

It is about the only place we shop Topsy for certain things and, as you know, ours is really convenient.

And, we woz robbed by the ref.

Nannytopsy Sat 10-Dec-22 20:35:40

I know what you mean about the ref Jax! At least we got one penalty. 🤞we can score again.
Yesterday and today have seen us click into Christmas. Kitchen cupboards organised, glasses sorted. Two freezers emptied, reorganised and assessed. We are eating from the freezer for the next week. Utility room and study sorted and PCC, Garden club and WI filing done. Tesco order done for all the non perishables for delivery on Tuesday.
And relax! With a glass of Viognier

Kitty one thing I miss about leaving city life is John Lewis but DD and I are meeting in Cambridge on Monday to shop 🤣🤣
Hope everyone has a good evening.

brook2704 Sat 10-Dec-22 20:35:12

Hope you have a lovely weekend away momb you’ve definitely earned it
I met DD2 and DGC in town this morning and walked DGD to her dance class. I did a bit of food shopping in Aldi but not much else. I’ve had a lazy afternoon as the weather is still snowy and icy. DH is watching the football on tenterhooks now!
So pleased you enjoyed the ballet grandmabatty, a lovely treat

Jaxjacky Sat 10-Dec-22 19:42:28

Evening all, have the best time momb 🎂 for your Mr. freezing outside, my son and his partner are here, we’ve just eaten, a mix t individual taste, of Indian and Chinese. Said son still doesn’t get ‘shut the door totally when you go out to the bin please’. I’ve said it over the years so many times!
Football on, ref definitely biased, he’s Brazilian 🤷‍♂️.
Enjoy your evening x

Urmstongran Sat 10-Dec-22 19:04:38

Glad to hear you enjoyed the ballet Grandmabatty! Bet it was magical. A well deserved treat to yourself. x

Urmstongran Sat 10-Dec-22 18:59:58

The 1st GG13 and only Episode 3 so far.
I’m loving it!

I’m warm, fed and watered. My family are healthy and happy.
I really do appreciate our good fortune.
Health is indeed wealth.

... Right ‘C’mon Ingerland!’ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
If they score I’ll hear the ROAR❗️ from the Lion in the other room.

Grandmabatty Sat 10-Dec-22 18:56:28

Evening Kitcheners. I'm not long home from Edinburgh where me and a friend watched The Snow Queen by Scottish Ballet. It was fabulous. Then home and we shared fish and chips. He's away home now and I'm lying on the couch in my dressing gown. Have a good evening Kitcheners

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion