Gransnet forums

Chat

πŸ› Black Friday Bargains πŸ›

(63 Posts)
FannyCornforth Thu 24-Nov-22 09:17:43

Hello πŸ‘‹
I know that there are a lot of duff non-bargains out there, but there is also some good stuff to be had.

Shall we have a have a round up?

First off, Boden have 40% off everything πŸ‘›

toscalily Fri 25-Nov-22 12:10:10

Have just bought for myself, and a friend as a Christmas present 6 month subscriptions to Country Living for Β£9.99, a real bargain as I have bought for far more in the past. Other magazines are available for the same price. This is the link if anyone else is interested www.hearstmagazines.co.uk/country-living-magazine-subscription-enewsletter. I posted this in error on another thread that was started but am reposting here with apologies to FannyCornforth

FannyCornforth Fri 25-Nov-22 12:12:14

Don’t apologise! No need to at all! smile
It was advertising btw - so sneaky!

MawtheMerrier Fri 25-Nov-22 12:15:30

FannyCornforth

Gudrun Sjoden has 25% certain things. They rarely have sales!

Really cross about this - it includes a cardigan I bought full price 10 days ago but which only arrived yesterday.
Tempted to send it back and reorder at the lower price! Even £3-4 postage is less than nthe saving 😑😑😑

FannyCornforth Fri 25-Nov-22 12:19:09

Oh, that is so annoying. Especially as a β€˜regular’.
Which cardi did you buy?
I’m mulling over three different ones.
Also leg warmers! πŸ™ˆ

toscalily Fri 25-Nov-22 12:22:39

Leg warmers, remember those from the Jane Fonda video and Fame (yes, I did have some grin)

Blossoming Fri 25-Nov-22 12:24:14

Oh Maw that’s so annoying!

FannyCornforth Fri 25-Nov-22 12:25:40

Me too! I was a tweenie at the height of Fame and well into my disco dancing! I had a cobalt blue leotard/ jump suit, and my bestie Sharon had a bright pink one!
πŸ‘―β€β™€οΈ

Theexwife Fri 25-Nov-22 12:49:23

MawtheMerrier I returned an item planning to reorder at the sale price however I was only refunded the sale price, not what I actually paid.

FannyCornforth Fri 25-Nov-22 12:53:06

Theexwife

MawtheMerrier I returned an item planning to reorder at the sale price however I was only refunded the sale price, not what I actually paid.

That sounds all types of wrong.
I’m surprised that it’s allowed. Dreadful

FannyCornforth Fri 25-Nov-22 12:58:25

Not Black Friday related, but Small Business related.
I’ve just received this in my inbox , and it’s a directory of small businesses which sell some really beautiful and unique things

holly.co/small-business-directory/

NotSpaghetti Fri 25-Nov-22 12:59:13

My friend called customer services and told them she was about to use their free returns to return an item now in the sale and reorder at the new price. She asked for a refund of the difference to "save them both the hassle" and they credited her the difference!
Can't remember the brand - worth a try.

Lyndylou Fri 25-Nov-22 14:51:12

For anyone who collects nectar points Argos are giving 5 times points on purchases 25th to 29th November.

Callistemon21 Fri 25-Nov-22 14:57:23

labradorlinda33

Marks and Spencer have 20% off Beauty but not for long...

How annoying!
I just bought some gift sets for pre-Christmas birthdays!!

FannyCornforth Fri 25-Nov-22 14:58:40

M&S - 3 for 2 on jewellery.
But I can only find 2 things that I’d like…

AreWeThereYet Fri 25-Nov-22 15:00:06

That's happened to me in the past - they said they refunded at the current price as there was nothing wrong with it. They only refunded full price if it was faulty.

Callistemon21 Fri 25-Nov-22 15:00:10

FannyCornforth

Theexwife

That sounds all types of wrong.
I’m surprised that it’s allowed. Dreadful

I once bought a waterproof from M&S and it leaked.
Took it back about a month later but I couldn't find the receipt, only my credit card bill.
They refused to give me the full price and said it was now reduced right down (because it leaked?)
They refunded me enough to buy a coffee.

FannyCornforth Fri 25-Nov-22 15:04:32

Callistemon
Someone (who may or may not be my father’s second wife’) bought me a Detox Diet book from M&S.
I returned it (without a receipt) and got 25p for it (it was the principle of the matter) 😾

Doodledog Fri 25-Nov-22 15:06:30

I once got a 'How Clean Is Your House' book from a 'well-meaning' friend πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

FannyCornforth Fri 25-Nov-22 15:10:57

Doodledog does this remind you of your friend by any chance?

Doodledog Fri 25-Nov-22 15:15:03

Funnily enough. . . . .πŸ˜‚

I'm never going to be housekeeper of the year, but I'm certainly not a candidate for Kim and Aggie!

Sar53 Fri 25-Nov-22 15:28:16

I have just ordered a dress in the Monsoon sale, half price. I need some new decent clothes as we are going away for Christmas and, having lost a little weight, very few of my 'posh frocks' fit.

Largolass Fri 25-Nov-22 15:47:11

Radley have 60% off and Liz Earle 40% so expecting some boxes in the postπŸ˜‰

AreWeThereYet Fri 25-Nov-22 20:10:27

I once returned a camisole to M&S that I got for Christmas that was 2 sizes too big. They couldn't even find any record of it in their stock list going back three years πŸ˜„ I think it had been circulating in the family for about four years although it looked brand new. M&S gave me Β£1 back for it πŸ˜„

Callistemon21 Fri 25-Nov-22 20:21:15

AreWeThereYet

I once returned a camisole to M&S that I got for Christmas that was 2 sizes too big. They couldn't even find any record of it in their stock list going back three years πŸ˜„ I think it had been circulating in the family for about four years although it looked brand new. M&S gave me Β£1 back for it πŸ˜„

Not even enough for a cup of coffee!! 😁

Callistemon21 Fri 25-Nov-22 20:23:42

A friend's DD posted this on FB: