Gransnet forums

Chat

Welsh schoolchildren - the agony of football!

(14 Posts)
Grandma70s Fri 25-Nov-22 18:08:50

Callistemon21

Grandma70s

As a child or adult, I have never managed to care who won anything in sport.

Where's the trifle?

No doubt you know what you mean, but I don’t.

Callistemon21 Fri 25-Nov-22 18:04:05

no we was robbed stuff

Oh dear, apologies.
It was said with tongue in cheek.

Callistemon21 Fri 25-Nov-22 18:02:12

Oreo

You’ll get splinters in your bum Callistemon so get off it and cheer for England grin

Or Wales 😁

They were robbed!!

Callistemon21 Fri 25-Nov-22 18:01:27

Grandma70s

Where's the trifle?

Grandma70s Fri 25-Nov-22 18:00:10

Oreo Fri 25-Nov-22 17:47:23

Maybe their first lesson in life, the school of hard knocks.
I don’t blame teachers for not wanting to do it but it’s a great time to explain to younger kids how to take sporting losses.

MrsKen33 Fri 25-Nov-22 17:44:00

When I lived and taught in England we also let the children watch when the team were in the final of something. We thought at least the children would be in school if we did that. England lost and we spent the rest of the day with the pupils, mainly boys, in tears. Never again .

Oreo Fri 25-Nov-22 17:24:34

You’ll get splinters in your bum Callistemon so get off it and cheer for England grin

fairfraise Fri 25-Nov-22 15:07:14

We can hope for a Welsh win on Tuesday! We still have a World Cup wall chart % house somewhere!

Callistemon21 Fri 25-Nov-22 14:20:59

Jaxjacky

Wales v England next Tuesday 7pm.

It's a bit hard on the derrière to sit on the fence 🤔

Jaxjacky Fri 25-Nov-22 14:17:41

Wales v England next Tuesday 7pm.

rafichagran Fri 25-Nov-22 14:06:07

Very sad for the School children. Glad this is a thread about football and not politics. I shall be watching and hoping for a win from the England team.

Oreo Fri 25-Nov-22 13:38:47

At least Gareth said the right things afterwards, no we was robbed stuff, just that they would pick themselves up and try even harder sort of thing.
It was a great match, loved it, loadsa energy and good moves from both sides.Apart from the fouls of course.grin
Sport is good for kids in many ways, playing it for exercise and team spirit and so on and realising that sometimes in life you lose.

Riverwalk Fri 25-Nov-22 13:32:00

Wales were beaten, and outplayed, by Iran this morning - this photo of the schoolchildren should spur them on to better things.

The little girl in the middle looks like Munch's 'The Scream' - a great expression of how the supporters felt grin

Post-match Gareth Bales seemed more concerned with fiddling with his man-bun!