Gransnet forums

Chat

🎄🏝Desert Island Christmas 🍹

(39 Posts)
LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 12:10:05

The cards are posted, presents wrapped, sprouts on the hob, time to be pampered. Where would you like to be whisked off to? With what Christmas tune in the back ground? Having what pamper treatment with a glass of what favourite Christmas tipple and what Christmas snack?

Yammy Thu 08-Dec-22 11:48:13

LauraNorderr

Great choices all around, a beach on the Indian Ocean BigBertha sounds idyllic to me and foot pampering is high on my list.
Poor you Yammy, let’s hope the elves drag those meanies away and you get your wish to share Christmas with your DDs in that warm welcoming kitchen.

I hope the elves take them to see the big bad Troll and he locks them in the mountain.
Thanks for the sympathy Laura Norder I have had 40 years of it and am about to explode.
Maybe my wish should have been to go to a desert island even Pitcairn would do with DH and DD's and family, where there are no phones or technology of any kind and someone do the Christmas catering for us with a crate of Champagne thrown in.smile

LauraNorderr Thu 08-Dec-22 11:17:29

Great choices all around, a beach on the Indian Ocean BigBertha sounds idyllic to me and foot pampering is high on my list.
Poor you Yammy, let’s hope the elves drag those meanies away and you get your wish to share Christmas with your DDs in that warm welcoming kitchen.

Yammy Thu 08-Dec-22 10:53:13

Whisked off to my DDs and grandchildren without the possible 6-hour drive weather and strikes permitting.
Bruce Springsteen,Santa Claus is coming to town playing on the radio and her kitchen and house smelling of Christmas cooking. A lovely warm welcome and my arms around the GC.
Away from DH's extended family who has bluntly told me I am not doing my bit by refusing to visit at least ten graves with wreaths. Just to prove to them we are not having Christmas as a twosome yet again, as was rudely suggested, and for Dh's extended family to disappear with Santa and his elves never to be seen again. Sheer bliss

BigBertha1 Thu 08-Dec-22 10:49:20

I'd like to be on a beach overlooking the Indian Ocean in Kenya having my feet pampered whilst drinking a lovely dry Chablis.
I have done some of that.

LauraNorderr Thu 08-Dec-22 10:37:16

JackyB and CanadianGran, might join you both curled up by the fire with a cuppa, especially hot spiced tea, cookies too, Ginger ones a my favourite. Do they taste all the better with Dean Martin crooning in the background.
Gluhwein and chocolate cake Joseanne, sounds scrummy. Perhaps the masseuse could stand still while you wriggle about.
Hope you’re feeling okay after your fall Lucca, loved the earrings on your bedside table, very glam.

CanadianGran Wed 07-Dec-22 18:07:41

Lucca, poor thing! Enjoy the mani-pedi and hope the bruises and pain fade quickly.

Ok, LauraNorder - revamping my getaway dreams.....

Chores all done, tree sparkling, Dean Martin crooning, I'll sit on my couch with a hot spiced tea with a bit of Amaretto added, and a plate of Christmas cookies to nibble on. Ginger cookies, cranberry shortbread and pecan squares come to mind. Oh, and a good book to read, maybe one with a snowy background.

LauraNorderr Wed 07-Dec-22 14:57:21

February in Fiji nanna, I am green with envy. I grew up in Vatukoula and have wonderful memories.

nanna8 Wed 07-Dec-22 11:21:58

Sorry to hear that ,Lucca. Hope it heals soon.
We’re fair dinkum off to Fiji in February but at Christmas I would wish for a nice warm day, no mosquitoes and some lovely Sydney oysters served up on a platter whilst I chat to my daughters , all relaxing whilst watching the grandchildren and great grandchildren.

nadateturbe Wed 07-Dec-22 09:57:13

Oh poor you Lucca! Hope it fades soon.
I agree with Maw. Reflexology works for me. So calming.

Joseanne Wed 07-Dec-22 09:20:38

Based on a recent experience I would like to be transported to 4 degrees in the snow, Stille Nacht, GlĂĽhwein and chocolate cake. I don't lie still long enough for a massage, but sounds good.
I'll save the warm dream destination for New Year.

Lucca Wed 07-Dec-22 08:54:04

Maw and Laura thanks. Yes I
Like a bit of reflexology .my “beautician” is the best masseuse known to man plus does great everything else and as ive known her for about 30 years I’ll leave the choice to her !

JackyB Wed 07-Dec-22 08:25:10

Happy enough in my own home by the fire with a cup of tea. Would listen to Tim Minchin's "White Wine in the sun" though.

LauraNorderr Wed 07-Dec-22 00:10:24

Oh no Lucca, hug from me too, go for the pedicure and a nice neck and shoulder massage.
Agree with Maw, reflexology is wonderful but always makes me whinge for a few hours before I suddenly feel great.
Your massage sounds lovely Aussiegran, sparkling wine cheeses and glossy hair, sounds good to me.
Kim, ferrero and rose, taking it easy after a bawdy night out with fellow WRENS a see.
nadateturbe, your choice sounds so peaceful I might imagine myself enjoying the same music on my own recliner as I drift off to sleep. None fattening chocolate, oh yes please.

MawtheMerrier Tue 06-Dec-22 23:35:41

Oh dear Lucca - gentle hug. Why not try reflexology instead of the facial?
I don't believe the mumbo jumbo which accompanies it --but it works and I always feel so much better for it

Lucca Tue 06-Dec-22 22:51:54

MawtheMerrier

Somebody would have to have done all those “jobs” for me first (that would be a treat in itself) LauraNorderr
I’d go along with the head massage followed by a miracle wrought on my hair, some reflexology and a back and shoulder massage with essential oils. Oh and a flattering outfit (which fits!) which my personal shopper has brought round .
Santa-are you listening?

I’m actually booked in for two hour salon session. Was going to have massage plus facial but may have to forgo the facial due to Fall 2 and subsequent black blue purple eye! Massage plus manicure/pedicure instead ?

I ve done nothing much to deserve it apart from put bread sauce sayce stuffing etc in freezer.

nadateturbe Tue 06-Dec-22 22:40:50

I'd be lying back in a reclining chair enjoying a private concert by Andrea Bocelli and he would sing his lovely French version of O Holy Night several times. Accompanied by a leisurely foot massage, and a large box of none fattening Butlers dark chocolates.

Kim19 Tue 06-Dec-22 08:07:25

I'd have a return trip to Bermuda. Deckchair with a supply of Ferrero and Zinfandel rose will do me fine.

MawtheMerrier Tue 06-Dec-22 07:10:06

Somebody would have to have done all those “jobs” for me first (that would be a treat in itself) LauraNorderr
I’d go along with the head massage followed by a miracle wrought on my hair, some reflexology and a back and shoulder massage with essential oils. Oh and a flattering outfit (which fits!) which my personal shopper has brought round .
Santa-are you listening?

AussieGran59 Tue 06-Dec-22 02:10:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 19:41:59

CanadianGran, the intention was a day of pampering in between all that busyness with our favourite Christmas music, snack and tipple. Home in plenty of time for Christmas Day.
I obviously didn’t word it very well.

MrsKen33 Mon 05-Dec-22 19:33:00

Sorry LauraNorderr. Just use your imagination .

CanadianGran Mon 05-Dec-22 19:20:56

Hmmm, I would leave the on the 27th, so I could enjoy my Christmas at home.

Then off to somewhere Caribbean, with steel drum carols, and perhaps a pina colada.

ShazzaKanazza Mon 05-Dec-22 19:20:41

Thankyou LauraNorderr it’s been almost 4 years since we’ve seen him due to Covid and he loves a British Christmas and red wine and cheese and his Christmas dinner. He always tries to recreate it out there for his wife.

LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 19:07:51

Mrs Ken do continue, you minx.

LauraNorderr Mon 05-Dec-22 19:06:45

It was supposed to be a bit of quiet, alone pampering between preparation and busy delivery but hey wild swimming with the one you love or a sophisticated journey on the Orient Express sounds just as good. Better in fact.