Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 8th December 2022

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 08-Dec-22 05:46:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and its dry outside but cold here in brackley this morning.
I intend to do my usual visit to Bicester this morning on the bus , yesterday I brought more gift cards so presents out of the way .
I will sort out what I am taking this weekend for the one nighter , but also prepare for next week as well more later on those trips.
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmadinosaur Thu 08-Dec-22 10:35:23

Oh dear don’t know where the first picture came from 😬 please ignore.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 08-Dec-22 10:34:38

Lovely pictures here today. I also like to dress up my fireplace Bluesapphire yours looks wonderful. I have a photo of mine from a couple of years ago that’s on my I pad that I’ll put up tomorrow. I’ve put one on that was taken 2 years ago at a garden centre. I’d put it on fb and people thought it was my own work. As if 🤣

Kalu Thu 08-Dec-22 10:32:01

The one in E…K Marydoll. Everything crossed your meds arrive before Sunday. 🤞😘. I am so angry at such incompetence from the very people who are responsible for your well being. 😡

I too am hoping for another catch up next year Grammaretto
If possible, see you then.

Time to defrost my car and get going.

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 08-Dec-22 10:15:30

today my DH is delighted - I have a dose of laryngitis!! - and lack of sleep!. Mind you I'm getting through my book like a house of fire. Jeffrey Archers "Only Time Will Tell'. I have read his stories before and like them. This week has just been soooo busy. Tuesday art club in the morning, ladies church club In the afternoon from which DD picked me up from s I could look after DGD for a couple of hours. Yesterday it was DGDs nativity at 9.30 am!! We picked up DD2 who was coming as well. Afterwards had a look round Harrogate's Main Street Xmas Market (think there's another one possibly in Valley Gardens). DGSs nativity was in the afternoon, but relations weren't invited (good and bad). I've been struggling with Xmas letters which DH plays no part in - he plays no part in Christmas, it just happens around him. I was supposed to be going out this am but just don't feel up to it, so will, plod on with my cards and letters.
Love the pictures you've been posting. Will maybe finish reading your posts.
Have the best day possible folks!

Sar53 Thu 08-Dec-22 10:05:59

A late good morning from Essex by the sea. Very frosty but the sun is shining and the sea is sparkling.

DH has gone shopping on his own, almost unheard of but I presume he has gone to buy me something for Christmas.

Food shopping later when he returns with the car.

I love all the pictures this morning, so bright and cheerful.

Have a lovely day everyone and try and keep warm and safe xxx

Blossoming Thu 08-Dec-22 09:55:26

Glad the paperwork’s signed Wyllow

hollysteers Thu 08-Dec-22 09:40:30

Good morning Mick and all from a frosty northwest coast.
Arrived at Euston yesterday to chaos, all west coast trains cancelled. Then promised trains delayed and big scramble for the next. Dropped off to sleep on train and woke with a start to my snoring noises😁. Got home tired after 7 to a freezing house.
My shared cat with neighbours hasn’t appeared so looking forward to seeing her. Four days away.
Must get going but feeling fatigued after all the walking etc on trip.
Nice photos today and as always, thoughts to anyone with worries on their mind.

Blossoming Thu 08-Dec-22 09:37:08

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s chilly and dry in this corner of Lancashire, currently -4°C.

Christmas presents are all sorted, still some cards to finish writing. I must crack on with those and finish today. Tomorrow I have an early start as I have an ophthalmology appointment first thing tomorrow.

Have a good day all 🌹

Auntieflo Thu 08-Dec-22 09:35:35

Good morning Mick, Annie and all from a very frosty bit of Berks.
I must let you know how pleased I am that I bought a walker last Sat. Why didn't I do it earlier? It has made walking outside so much easier and I can do more. Yesterday I had to collect an antibiotic for DH. Dropped it off at Boots and managed to walk to the lovely little repair shop, where I left my iPhone battery to be replaced. By the time I got back to Boots, 30 mins later, no pharmacist, as promised. Said would be another 15 mins. The staff and service in there is appalling lately. They just don't seem to bother.
DH is still in bed. Unheard of for him, he must be feeling bad.
I want to make some Mamade this morning, then later the plumber is coming to fix a drippy toilet cistern.
Marydoll, here's hoping that you get you meds sorted out.
Best wishes to the poorly ones , but have as good a day as you all can.

luluaugust Thu 08-Dec-22 09:34:51

Good morning from a frosty W Kent. Off to my art group Christmas lunch today, we go to a local College who have a hospitality suite, we are served by trainees. It is done properly.
Love all the different pictures that have been posted.
Take care everyone

Nannagarra Thu 08-Dec-22 09:23:23

Brilliant photos cornergran. Thanks for sharing.

Greyduster Thu 08-Dec-22 09:21:06

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a bright but very chilly South Yorkshire. I am still in bed. Another totally sleepless night. Dropped off about seven fifteen this morning.
I must get off my back soon or this is going to kill me! DD brought me coffee though and made me laugh out loud at her efforts to break into a packet of digestive biscuits! Sounds like I’m lucky to have any left!
Glad you had a good day out yesterday Corner.
Pitt love the photo. Mars is very close at the moment isn’t it?
Have a good day folks.

Anniebach Thu 08-Dec-22 09:20:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

ShazzaKanazza Thu 08-Dec-22 09:20:01

The photos on today are fantastic Thankyou all.

GrannyGravy you are a woman after my own heart I was awake at 4 o’clock worrying about those same things.

GrannySomerset Thu 08-Dec-22 09:18:25

Garden and field beyond are white, but the sky is palest blue and the sun is shining so will need to defrost the car and go and collect prescriptions and do a bit of local shopping. Then present wrapping awaits, something I usually love doing but am singularly unmotivated this year.

Lovely post from Chrissielou, less lovely from Marydoll whose worry and frustration must be off the scale. Count the days, gMattie

BlueSapphire Thu 08-Dec-22 09:17:53

Love decorating my mantle-piece!

EkwaNimitee Thu 08-Dec-22 09:13:17

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. It was -5C at 8am but has now warmed up to -4C. The blackbird has been prodding the ground with his beak but it must be like poking concrete. I'll go out shortly and fork some worms up, there's plenty of them down below.
I've got a phone consultation with the doc, my kidney infection is not improving and has been dragging on for days.

Marydoll you must have UK's worst surgery, they are unbelievable!

I'm going to have a go at the ironing. I've no idea when the doc will ring so have to be doing something interruptible.
Lovely photos today. And the full moon with Mars was so clear at bed time. Should have taken a photo but too keen to get into my warm bed!

Have a good day all.

aggie Thu 08-Dec-22 09:04:45

Good morning from a chilly Co Armagh, dry and still
I am going out with my Daughter today , I’ve looked out my bobble hat , not pretty , but practical
My sister was at the Oberammergau pageant this year , she and I first heard about it in the Chalet School books . She said it was wonderful!

Ziplok Thu 08-Dec-22 09:03:10

Good morning,
It’s a frosty start, showing -1deg C on my phone. Hope the threatened snow holds off, but must go to the supermarket to do the weekly shop. Not a lot else planned other than start trimming up. Hope you all have the best day possible, and to all with illness and/or worries, I hope you feel better today 💐.

cornergran Thu 08-Dec-22 09:03:03

Some images from yesterday. Doesn’t do the reality justice. I blame freezing fingers.

BlueSapphire Thu 08-Dec-22 09:01:38

Good morning everyone from a very frosty Northampton, -3° again today. Shall not be going out today, having another day off from activities, so no ballet or tap. I feel it has done me good to not be rushing about everywhere.

Finished putting the decorations up yesterday, and am pleased with how they look. I don't go overboard like I used to, Just the sitting room and front porch, plus a candle-bridge in the front study window. I have lost one set of fairy lights, but they're not essential to the overall effect. I expect they're in a drawer or cupboard somewhere and will turn up unexpectedly.

It was nice to sit with a glass of ginger wine and some Christmas music on and admire my handiwork when I had finished yesterday!

Nothing really planned for today, just a Sainsbury's delivery this afternoon. Will need to do a top-up shop tomorrow as I notice a couple of necessary things I ordered are not available.

Try and stay warm today if you can, and have a pleasant Thursday.

cornergran Thu 08-Dec-22 08:53:19

Morning Mick, morning All from a frosty corner of Somerset.

Yesterdays trip was very enjoyable. We were treated to the sight of every animal species on the drive through the animal park. With plenty of time we were able to enjoy a very tasty hot meal before wandering to see the Koalas (one shares a name with Mr C) and other smaller animals. The Festival of Light features Roald Dahl books and is mesmerising. Not crowded at all yesterday, a really bonus.

Back to routine today, dust to remove and groceries to buy. Lunch at a new to us pub recommended by neighbours. If it’s as good as they say will book a table for our pre Christmas lunch with our granddaughters.

Stay warm everyone. There are a lot of busy good morning-ers, hope as much as possible is enjoyable and Thursday is kind to us all.

Nannagarra Thu 08-Dec-22 08:48:07

Another greeting you from Sefton on a cold and frosty morning. 🎼 High cloud with pretty bits of pink has become more apricot.
Good to see you return karmalady and ❤️ the Christmas tree baubles.
Meeting friends this afternoon but doubt if I’ll defrost my car and stand in the cold to fill it with fuel - the bus is an easier and warmer option.
Enjoy your Thursday everyone.
❄️ 🌲 ❄️

Grammaretto Thu 08-Dec-22 08:40:55

Good frosty morning all from the Scottish Borders. Minus 3° here and I'll need to scrape the windscreen before driving to the dentist and to call on the sick ones. DMiL and now both her DC have covid so I will shop for them and take mail for posting.
I think we'll all be forgiven for late arrivals this year.
I spent ages yesterday trying to get a photo of the mistle thrush on the apple tree. I failed but here's my tree which is my version of a bird feeder.
I love your tree Baubles
I also want BlueBalou to come and clear the decks here grin
Marydoll I hope your medication arrives before Christmas. I was thinking fondly of our last meetup with hopes for another in the new year.
Have a good day everyone.

Jaxjacky Thu 08-Dec-22 08:40:53

Indeed a pretty tree baubles and a really clear shot of last nights moon pittycity. Phew Wyllow.