Gransnet forums

Chat

Tell something to GET LOST

(33 Posts)
VioletSky Fri 27-Jan-23 16:51:29

The cold can get lost. I've got chilblains on my toes, my joints are frozen and I'm just fed up with existing in a dressing gown.

The gap down the side of the cooker can get lost. It's a pain to move and I can see at least 2 teaspoons amongst the detritus down there that needs cleaning.

People who don't pick up their dog poo can get lost. Seriously why is it in the middle of the footpath?

People who drop litter can get lost. They must be within arms reach of a bin several times a day and it is no more effort than dropping it out of a car window.

What do you want to tell to get lost?

Alioop Sat 28-Jan-23 07:43:02

My friend's mobile phone, she's never off it it. Our meet ups now consist of pics of her grandson eating, sleeping, bathing, crying, etc. She takes photos of everything she eats to put it in fbook. I know if I drop any more hints about it she'll huff and I could maybe lose a friendship of 40 years. It's just so damn rude.

dragonfly46 Sat 28-Jan-23 07:30:45

The number of bags my DH has collected over the years. Apparently he needs every one of them although they never see the light of day.

Cornergran I think phones should be banned on the street!

Sara1954 Sat 28-Jan-23 07:27:31

SueDonim
I’m with you about the spiders, I hate this cold weather, it’s making me miserable, but I think it maybe killing off all the horrible insects.

Who I would seriously like to get lost at the moment is one of my colleagues who can never, ever admit to making a mistake.
No one is going to be cross, we all occasionally make mistakes, but she either shifts the blame to someone else, saying things like, don’t worry xxxxx we can soon sort it out.
Even when I confront her with the evidence, not in a nasty way, just I think you may have sent this to the wrong person, or something, and it’s absolutely clear that she has, she still BLOODY denies it!
I want to smack her (I won’t)
This fat tummy can definitely get lost, caught sight of myself sideways on yesterday, and was horrified, that has got to go

Greta Sat 28-Jan-23 07:19:34

The visiting cards left in my garden by neighbouring cats can get lost. Along with our government.

grandMattie Sat 28-Jan-23 06:17:17

Fridayschild

CanadianGran

Yes, the ads can get lost. Do you think Mumsnetters are getting adds for orthopedic shoes and stair lifts?

Oh I hope so! 😂😂

What a great idea. Add incontinence pads. Give them an idea of what patronising ads to look forward to!

cornergran Sat 28-Jan-23 00:20:38

Thank you violetsky, I’m fine. Just the dignity hurt.

Fridayschild Fri 27-Jan-23 23:49:52

CanadianGran

Yes, the ads can get lost. Do you think Mumsnetters are getting adds for orthopedic shoes and stair lifts?

Oh I hope so! 😂😂

Lizbethann55 Fri 27-Jan-23 23:12:04

Mess can get lost. I don't know where it comes from or what it wants with me, but it is like a demented stalker following me everywhere and knowing my every mood.

HousePlantQueen Fri 27-Jan-23 22:58:37

Yes the pop up ads can get lost as can every bloody programme on Saturday night TV. We aren't all braying idiots who are entertained by bright lights, jangling bells, greedy contestants and moronic celebrities. And breathe.....and be thankful for Netflix that recognises that adults watch TV too. Oh and the additional two stone that I have been carrying for years and just won't leave....it can go too

CanadianGran Fri 27-Jan-23 22:49:06

BigBertha1 Fri 27-Jan-23 22:40:14

Me too with the dog poo on our footpath and the cold and my arthritis and my hands unable to even the up my shoe laces.

1987H2001M2002Inanny Fri 27-Jan-23 22:22:49

I think my menopause has finally 'got lost' . Hooray,yipee and all other similar words. From summer 2003 to a couple of months ago my body was in a fight with itself !! Managed without HRT but very luckily hubbie was brilliant support.

VioletSky Fri 27-Jan-23 22:01:46

I think they probably do use the mumsnet ads here too

They can have a get lost from me

Fridayschild Fri 27-Jan-23 21:42:41

Oopsadaisy1

These adverts on GN , I don’t want to make mug cakes and I’m past the age to want to know about breast feeding.

Yes!! Why are we getting adverts telling us to get onto mumsnet? My parenting days are over and I just enjoy grand parenting, eg spoiling grandkids and handing them back! I now don’t need to know about breastfeeding and pre eclampsia and other such matters, thank goodness. Even my children are past that stage! Who in the gransnet team thinks that we want this? 😠🙄

VioletSky Fri 27-Jan-23 21:30:34

cornergran

Those ads can get lost. So inappropriate.

The young man who bumped into me today and knocked me over can also get lost. He was staring at his phone and sort of lurched sideways. Oh yes, the lack of apology can also get lost.

The screen for the smart meter can get lost. Mr C is obsessed with it.

I'm so sorry that happened

He can have a get lost from me too

Are you OK?

VioletSky Fri 27-Jan-23 21:29:38

Canned laughter on TV shows can get lost.

I only seem to laugh when the canned laughter doesn't go off and now I'm seriously worried about my sense of humour.

Also my phone can get lost, its too sensitive and takes me to the wrong threads lol

Hipsy Fri 27-Jan-23 21:23:45

My dog can get lost.
Why did she feel the need to roll in fox poo the very next day after a bath/

Grannybags Fri 27-Jan-23 21:14:58

Winter can get lost. I've had enough of it now

cornergran Fri 27-Jan-23 21:14:52

Those ads can get lost. So inappropriate.

The young man who bumped into me today and knocked me over can also get lost. He was staring at his phone and sort of lurched sideways. Oh yes, the lack of apology can also get lost.

The screen for the smart meter can get lost. Mr C is obsessed with it.

biglouis Fri 27-Jan-23 21:11:42

The people who cyber hacked Royal Mail can get lost! Ive had to swap my business to a more expensive courier and put up all my prices.

My next door neighbour can get lost and probably will one day as she has dementia.

People who park cars and leave the music on loud can get lost.

lixy Fri 27-Jan-23 21:03:05

Currently I get ads showing Rafa Nadal advertising Kia cars - I don't mind those at all!

The local council here can get lost in double-quick time. They are planning to close the public loos 'to make savings'.

Ziplok Fri 27-Jan-23 21:00:49

Yes, these pop up, moving ads are a damned nuisance, so irritating. They can well and truly get lost.

Dust can get lost, too 😊

JackyB Fri 27-Jan-23 20:54:24

Oopsadaisy1

These adverts on GN , I don’t want to make mug cakes and I’m past the age to want to know about breast feeding.

I agree. I keep getting videos about IVF.

I would tell the crumbs that collect around the bread board to get lost.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 27-Jan-23 20:49:31

Negativity

Kate1949 Fri 27-Jan-23 20:01:47

Apart from obvious things like cancer, Putin etc, on a personal level my alopecia can get lost. It's ruined the last few years. It can hold hands with my severe anxiety and the pair of them can get well and truly lost.