Gransnet forums

Chat

Medical negligence claim

(2 Posts)
nanna8 Fri 03-Feb-23 03:47:07

I used to be on a board that looked at medical mistakes and malpractice at one stage of my life. All doctors are insured for this but very few patients take them to court, even though they should and may have a good case. They did review and change things when adverse events happened but only within the public hospitals. Forget the private ones, they seem to be a law unto themselves. I don’t know about the UK but there are loads of medical negligence lawyers here. Just google. No one is likely to recommend a particular one, it would not be ethical.

Artemis1 Thu 02-Feb-23 23:53:37

Would like the panel's advice please.

My close childhood friend lost her beloved son in a clear case of medical negligence. Unfortunately I can't give the details as it would violate confidentiality. There were numerous instances of poor practice, and one doctor even told her they were being pressured by the managers to do this and that.

Anyway, my friend hopes that suing the people responsible will at least make them change their ways and treat OTHER patients appropriately and with dignity.

There are a plethora of medical negligence lawyers out there but she doesn't know whom to consult.

Does anyone have any personal experience in this area, please? Have you yourself suffered due to medical negligence and successfully sued the hospital or care provider?

Is there a medical negligence firm that you can recommend, with a good reputation, who will fight the case and get justice for her son?

TIA.