Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 7th February 2023

(69 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 07-Feb-23 05:51:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark ,and dry and cold outside in brackley .
Today ,again will stay local and do some housework thanks to the cold weather .
Take Care,
Mick

Ziplok Tue 07-Feb-23 12:30:29

Good afternoon,

I’ve just been out for a short walk and it’s gorgeous outside - not as cold as yesterday, no breeze, just blue sky and sunshine. It was frosty earlier, but that has melted. The birds are singing, the plants are starting to waken up, it’s lovely.

Popping out again shortly for some lunch, we thought we’d treat ourselves and it will save me cooking later. It’s a place local to us and they do a lovely carvery, all home cooked. Very tasty and very good value.

I haven’t read all the posts, but hope you are all ok.

annsixty Tue 07-Feb-23 12:00:15

Good morning all from Stockport.
Late to the party again.
I have bad nights and so late mornings and have to do jobs before I look at GN or nothing would get done.
Iam having coffee in the conservatory.
It is east facing so on beautiful mornings like today it gets really warm until about 2pm so I love to sit in for a few hours.
Not much to report, I haven’t been through the door since Saturday when I went for a meal with my GD.
She is having elective surgery tomorrow, one night in hospital then 2 weeks recovery and I shall have her company for that time.
I suspect I shall be busy, I think she will milk it.😉
Have the best day you can everyone.

hulahoop Tue 07-Feb-23 11:18:14

A late morning it's a very bright day here .I am going to dentist soon been getting meat and potatoes and pastry ready for a pie for tea . Happy birthday Mr J 🍰

hollysteers Tue 07-Feb-23 11:11:45

Good morning Mick and all from a bright northwest coast.
The recital I went to in town yesterday was a let down, dull programme and playing, but a big turn out.
Compensated for that by buying a pink jacket and trousers from M&S.
Long FaceTime with sister in south last night, always lots to talk about,
To music club soon, songs prepared and wayward tooth just about under control.
Hope you all have the best day you can.

Kalu Tue 07-Feb-23 10:40:08

Good morning from Glasgow. I haven’t looked at the weather app. but it is dry and quite bright although it looks like we may be in for a drizzly day.

DH did the Waitrose shop yesterday and returned with bunches of daffs, still tightly closed they are still a welcoming sight.
Not much on today, collect a script and I may catch up on Happy Valley which I have just started to watch.

Best wishes to all for a good day. 🌼

ShazzaKanazza Tue 07-Feb-23 10:26:55

Thankyou ladies I will separate them. X
My mum texted me to say ‘as you can see I’ve sorted my phone’ . She’s very suspicious and I’m glad she is. She said I didn’t need to go over but it will be nice to pop over for a cuppa with her anyway so off I go.

Beechnut Tue 07-Feb-23 10:23:27

Wishing MrJ a Happy Birthday 🍺🎂🎉

Urmstongran Tue 07-Feb-23 10:12:02

My late mum told me that. She used to work in a florist shop before I was born. At present I have a vase with tulips in and a jug of daffs. Both look beautiful.

dragonfly46 Tue 07-Feb-23 09:59:32

Beat me to it GrandMattie. Having lived in the Netherlands it was drilled into me that you should never mix daffodils and tulips!

Jaxjacky Tue 07-Feb-23 09:54:02

Happy Birthday MrNannyJan 🎂🎉 enjoy your day.

grandMattie Tue 07-Feb-23 09:51:47

Never, ever, mix dates and tulips, Shazza. One of them exudes something poisonous into the water which kills the other…

aggie Tue 07-Feb-23 09:40:21

Good morning from a bright chilly Co Armagh .
Shaza don’t mix daffodils in with other flowers , until you let the daffodils sit in a separate vase for 24 hours first , get the tulips out of that vase and. Into fresh water , that might revive them

monk08 Tue 07-Feb-23 09:32:03

Happy birthday to MrJ 🎂🍺

ShazzaKanazza Tue 07-Feb-23 09:28:48

Good morning Mick and everyone from Hull. It’s beautiful out and no frost today.
I’ve just had mum on the phone in a panic saying she’s updated her I phone and she can’t do a thing with it now and daren’t press anything as she thinks it’s a scam so I need to go over and help her. Just when I’m still in my jamas enjoying my cuppa.
I bought a large bunch of Tulips and a few bunches of daffs the other day. I mixed them in one vase and the leaves on the tulips have gone limp and tatty but the tulips on their own are still beautiful looking. I wonder why.

BlueSapphire I really hope you find your necklace 🤞

Happy birthday to your DH NannyJan enjoy your celebrations 🍰

Hope all medical appointments go well today. Thoughts to those struggling with stress and illness.
Hoping Tuesday brings you all a moment of joy🌻🌻

Taichinan Tue 07-Feb-23 09:28:34

Good morning from a sunny Angus coast where it's 7°C (my weather app says so fancythat). Can't work out whether the cloud is building, clearing or merely passing by, but it's a bonny day. And that sun/moon fix was still in evidence as the sun rose.
I took myself for a lovely walk at my favourite beach yesterday. There are three to choose from, but this one is least accessible and therefore emptier. There's a board walk up to the top of the dunes and then a long sandy slither down to the beach. That's fine - it's the long sandy slither UP from the beach which is the hard bit! I have frequent stops 'to admire the view' I can tell you! It was just so lovely to be out there - the wind was "bracing" and the cloud had taken over the sky, but I loved every minute of it! So much so that I slept all afternoon, and then all night as well.
Not sure what I shall get up to today - probably just attending to notalot, which is very demanding of my time!
Have a good day everyone x

SunshineSally Tue 07-Feb-23 09:26:33

Good morning Mick and all from a bright, frosty but sunny south Hants. Am late to this party (it’s getting to be a habit!) but have been busy - am making the most of this burst of energy whilst I have it! 😂
Big lump of beef in the crockpot… I’ll slice up and freeze in gravy later and should be enough for four or five dinners😋
Never got out sofa hunting yesterday so will hopefully do that today. DH caught a few grayling yesterday when fishing - he always puts them back - so he was well pleased.
Not read the posts yet so will settle down with my well earned coffee and read them now.
Have a lovely day everyone. Thinking of those that are poorly 🦩🦩
🤗 and 🌻🌻 for you all x

Liberty Tue 07-Feb-23 09:14:51

A late good morning from a frosty and sunny Suffolk. I have a day of reading papers for an all day meeting tomorrow of which I am an independent member. This is a monthly event and I can use my previous professional knowledge and experience. Helps to keep those grey cells in working order,hopefully.

Another cuppa,breakfast and dog walk first. Hope today is a peaceful one for all.

Greyduster Tue 07-Feb-23 09:11:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is up in South Yorkshire, and it’s bloomin’ cold. Last week’s mild temps lulled us into a false sense of security. I may regret having my hair cut so short but feel a lot better for it. It was lovely to catch up with my hairdresser again. I have house stuff to do today but if the frost clears I may have a walk later.
Have the best day you can folks!

Urmstongran Tue 07-Feb-23 09:09:41

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s a gorgeous sunny day ahead again. Lucky us. I’m meeting 2 friends from our book club and we are getting the 13:50hrs train from over the road into Manchester for a 14:15hr showing of ‘Tár’ about the Swedish concert conductor. It’s almost 3 hours long though! What is it about films this length these days? Do they feel they have to justify the £9:60 it costs for a ticket?
😁

Nearly 50 posts from you all to settle down to read now. Goody! That’s me occupied for the next hour. Happy Days!
#lazygran

karmalady Tue 07-Feb-23 09:05:32

Fancythat, I use a davies weather station outside for various weather aspects, pressure, temperature, amount tof rain etc. Lowest this morning was -3. My neighbour brought his weather station with him, exactly the same as mine but he climbed up a long ladder and his is very high up

For a rough idea I use met weather or alexa

EkwaNimitee Tue 07-Feb-23 09:03:37

Good morning Mick and everyone from grey, gloomy and damp Carlisle where it is currently 6C.
I didn't get to sleep till around 2am, why I know not. All my usual tricks, breathing exercises and listening to the radio just did not work. I woke up at my usual time and got up-I can't lie in-and consequently feel washed out. A planned day trip is cancelled, maybe tomorrow instead.
I shall just drift through the day doing jobs as and when I feel like it. Yesterday I spent an afternoon getting on top of boring admin and felt my halo well polished afterwards. Life must have been simpler as a cavewoman?!
I've also been checking out holidays, time to get on and book a short trip.

Do have a good day all.

Wyllow3 Tue 07-Feb-23 08:55:49

Good Morning from a chilly but sunny S Yorks.

Lots of dental appointments today you all - all the best with that, and appointments and results.

I want to go to the gym as missed yesterday - natters as much as my yoga. Counselling Zoom and then a delivery this afternoon.

Bests with DGC and friends and take care those who need to tale it easy.

luluaugust Tue 07-Feb-23 08:47:50

Good morning from a misty W Kent, sun just beginning to try and come through. Yesterday’s funeral went off well around 30 of us, a very simple service.
Today I have my DF who worries a lot coming for a cup of tea otherwise I need to catch up on what I didn’t get done yesterday.
Best wishes all round

BlueSapphire Tue 07-Feb-23 08:45:29

Good morning everyone from another bright and frosty morning in Northampton. 0° outside at the moment. Have to get my skates on this morning for a dental appointment; I realised yesterday afternoon that I had lost a front filling, rang the surgery, and they offered me an appointment today!

First I have the towels to hang out, and a Bolognese to prepare for the slow cooker, then I will be off to get the bus or it will a half hour walk to the village surgery - the bus takes 3 minutes! Will probably walk home.

Home for a quick lunch then out again for my health walk.

No sign of my missing necklace; I checked in both Next and M&S Food yesterday, without success. I have resigned myself to never seeing it again. I could kick myself for wearing it every day and not keeping it for best...... Next place to look is the bin of grass cuttings, just in case.

Just taken paracetamol for my painful back, which has not been right since I tripped and fell nearly 4 weeks ago. Finding it difficult now if I have to pick things up from the floor, like the papers from the front doormat.

Must rush, have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Tue 07-Feb-23 08:44:58

Good morning from a very frosty Black Country, but now very sunny with bright blues sky! Very cold though.

MrJ is 72 today, so I will treat him to lunch out, and we are going out Friday evening for a meal. I have booked 2 concerts at Symphony Hall Birmingham for his present as he doesn’t need any more ‘stuff’ smile

Welcome fancythat always good to see new people on this thread.

Wishing you all an enjoyable day.