Gransnet forums

Chat

50th Wedding Anniversary gift ideas please

(11 Posts)
Keekaboo Tue 07-Feb-23 18:53:48

Advice please. We have been invited by friends to their 50th anniversary dinner. My husband was actually their best man.
They sent an invitation and said gifts not necessary. But does that mean you can give us something if you want or?

I would like to give them something but what do you give to the couple who have everything and I mean everything. Any suggestions and ideas would be most gratefully received.

Grammaretto Tue 07-Feb-23 18:58:48

Tickets for all 4 of you to go somewhere nice together.
A beautiful shrub for their garden.
Depends on your purse and how well you know them but I could think of various things you could give them.

Calendargirl Tue 07-Feb-23 18:59:48

We were invited to a wedding, very, very wealthy family, they requested no presents.

Some guests still took something, but I honestly don’t know what you could give them, and I’m sure they didn’t expect (or want) anything.

I gave a donation to our local Air Ambulance, in lieu of a gift, and mentioned this in my thank you letter afterwards.

A charity donation perhaps for you?

Keekaboo Tue 07-Feb-23 19:06:10

I did actually think about a donation to prostate Cancer because the friend has had it twice and his brother is having treatment for it at the moment. So I might go with that but I would still like to take something to the Dinner so need to get my thinking cap on.

Thank you for your suggestions keep them coming please. Unfortunately my pockets are not that deep.
But I really appreciate any suggestion.

Harris27 Tue 07-Feb-23 19:10:45

We’re a couple of years off ours and we would be happy to receive afternoon tea vouchers or vouchers for a local pub or hotel?

seadragon Tue 07-Feb-23 19:13:05

I had a similar invitation to a Ruby wedding and spent quite a bit of time researching the year they were married for significant events in the town where they were married, the UK and internationally. I printed it out on a long scroll of nice paper with accompanying photos and illustrations and tied it with a ribbon. You can get this kind of gift online ready made too but it is more impersonal. Unfortunately people seeing it sitting in front of me beside my place setting thought I was intending to make a speech....

Purpledaffodil Tue 07-Feb-23 19:19:54

We were given Golden Anniversary rose bushes by our 3 children and my dear bridesmaid. Bloom beautifully every year and a lovely reminder.

Georgesgran Tue 07-Feb-23 19:23:53

That rose would be my idea too, I’ve given similar Happy Birthday roses and Silver Wedding ones too.
Champagne is always acceptable and you could put it into a gold coloured bag.

Greenfinch Tue 07-Feb-23 19:50:18

A fun idea I had but never got round to doing it was a selection of ‘gold’ food eg golden syrup, Terry’s all gold chocolates,McVitie’s gold bars, gold food colouring,clear honey etc.

Chocolatelovinggran Tue 07-Feb-23 19:57:30

A 3 aperture photo frame with 3 maps of places important to them - where they met? married? current home? You can print the maps from Google.

Humbertbear Tue 07-Feb-23 22:13:10

For our 50th we asked for no presents and donations,if people wished, to the local hospice via Just Giving. Some guests still bought us champagne and one friend made us a commemorative tapestry. DS bought us an original copy of The Times from the day of our wedding. It came in a wooden storage box.