Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 20th March 2023

(68 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 20-Mar-23 04:19:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Up early , still dark travel to Hospital later .
Doing things such as drinking water before operation at the moment.
Take Care,
Mick

BlueBalou Mon 20-Mar-23 13:55:18

Good afternoon, I honestly thought I’d posted earlier 🙄
Hope all’s well Mick, fingers crossed you’re home soon.
Well, I didn’t hear a word from the DCs yesterday, rather hurt and disappointed but DH says I’m being stupid, hey ho…
Yesterday not a lot happened apart from a lovely DDog walk in sunshine and an hour or so spent in the garden. All very peaceful.
Today the painter is doing the bookcases, by Wednesday I should have everything put away and a tidy living room 🤞🏻
It’s raining and the dog needs a walk so wellies and raincoat it is 🐕☔️

madeleine45 Mon 20-Mar-23 13:37:10

Wishing your all the best Mick, you have probably had your operation by the time you get this, so hope all went well for you and look forward to hearing from you in the future. Best wishes

Ziplok Mon 20-Mar-23 12:22:39

Afternoon all,
It’s rather dull here, but the rain has stopped.
Hope all has gone well Mick 🤞.

Auntieflo Mon 20-Mar-23 10:21:49

Just popped in to wish Mick all the best for today.

The decorators have arrived and I don't know whether I am on my head or my heels, as I had to get up early.
Will read all previous posts at leisure with a coffee.

Taichinan Mon 20-Mar-23 10:19:16

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Thoughts and best wishes with you Mick for a successful op and a speedy recovery.
I've been up for two hours now and am just about coming awake! I feel decidedly discombobulated and 'other worldly' this morning for some reason. And there are all you people up and about before 5am!
I'm so sorry you feel so unwell yourself gingster, but not really surprised when you're living through such a hard time of worry and uncertainty. You are such a wonderful support for your DD, but make sure you take care of yourself as well flowers
I'm glad you had a more restful time yesterday grandmattie - the henna work is so intricate you must have had to sit still for a while!
Lovely photos from SA Bluesapphire and I'm glad you saw your lions. We saw ours right at the start of our safari - so unexpectedly that we didn't take a photo! Felt sure we'd see another later, which we didn't of course.
I had a lovely day yesterday with a visit from DD and her girls and then a long phone call with DS2. What started off as a glorious Spring day deteriorated into murk, but it didn't matter as there was plenty of sunshine indoors and in our hearts 💕🥰
I noticed that someone yesterday (*harrigran*?) mentioned watching The Piano. Wasn't that the most amazing and uplifting little series! I hope there may one day be a follow-up about those talented young people.
Have a good day today everyone and thoughts and flowers to all those feeling low and in pain, and good news and hope for those waiting x

hulahoop Mon 20-Mar-23 10:14:55

My house is like a florist shop mainly plants having mothers day and birthday within 2days is a bit overwhelming ,I enjoyed it anyway.
Good luck Mick.A hard day today Georgesgran. Hope your daughter continues to improve Gingster For those on holidays enjoy.

hollysteers Mon 20-Mar-23 10:03:40

Good morning Mick and all from a damp northwest coast.
Nice quiet day yesterday, a pretty lit musical card and flowers for Mother’s Day and I feel rested for another busy week. Also practised my songs for the music club.
DF popped round and we had a long chat, her 98 year old mother is now in a nursing home here and deteriorating but my DFs health is not good either. I gave her some books I had enjoyed which I think she might like.

I will make up my DDs bed as she comes from the south later in the week and then pick up old friend for one of our regular pub lunches. He can talk the leg off a hind donkey (and so can I…)

All the best for your op Mick and as always, thoughts to Gingster🌸

Feelingmyage55 Mon 20-Mar-23 09:57:55

Wishing Michael all the best for today.
Sunny here in the north of Scotland.

Grandmachrisy47 Mon 20-Mar-23 09:52:04

Hope all goes well for Mick today. Thinking of those of you facing a difficult day.

Blossoming Mon 20-Mar-23 09:48:04

Back again, it’s grey and rainy here this morning, which is annoying as we were hoping to finish a job in the garden. Urms I think you mean Grandmabatty, I am a great aunt par excellence but I have no grandchildren. I echo your sentiments for our poorly grans though. I’m pleased your daughter is feeling better gingster, such a worry for you. Safe travels tomorrow NannyJan have a wonderful holiday. Fabulous photos BlueSapphire.

Hope everyone finds a little happiness today 🌹

annsixty Mon 20-Mar-23 09:45:19

Good morning all and very best wishes to Mick for a successful outcome to his operation today.

Ali23 Mon 20-Mar-23 09:39:46

Good luck Mick! Hope all goes well. It sounds like you are in good hands.

Harris27 Mon 20-Mar-23 09:34:31

Good luck mick for today hope all goes well. Lovely Mother’s Day and nice cards. Rare day off going to catch up with all the jobs I need doing. The garden is starting to wake up and I will need to get going with that. But first a cuppa to get me motivated. Have a good day all.

Blossoming Mon 20-Mar-23 09:30:50

Good morning everyone. Just popping in to wish Mick all the best for his surgery and a speedy recovery. Will read the thread now!

luluaugust Mon 20-Mar-23 09:20:26

Good wishes to you Mick and thinking of everyone not having a good day today.
I managed to cook Sunday lunch for nine and DS made two lovely puds. Poor DIL spent most of the afternoon dealing with relationship break ups for son and sister so not quite the relaxing day I had hoped for!!
Best wishes to all

EkwaNimitee Mon 20-Mar-23 09:02:01

Good morning everyone from grey rainy Carlisle. I expect you are off to hospital by now Mick, very best wishes to you for a successful op and a swift return home.
Yesterday, I went out for an early walk in the country park. Masses of little daffodils were in full bloom though naturally the idiots had been out and thrown handfuls of them in the pond. Do they really get pleasure out of that?
Lots of ducks about including some very smart looking tufted ducks. Three of the cygnets were still about, preening at one end of the large pond while Dad was on patrol at the other end because his missus was probably on the nest on the little island there.
I got out in the garden later for a little planting and the sad removal of my lovely pittosporum which couldn't take a week of minus temperatures.

Today is a busy one of laundry and housework interspersed with a visit from the BT engineer this morning and the plumber this afternoon. My ensuite sink is blocked again in spite of my constant endeavours to keep it clear.

Have the best day possible everyone especially if you and yours are below par.

dragonfly46 Mon 20-Mar-23 08:59:29

Meant to be that you feel better also!

dragonfly46 Mon 20-Mar-23 08:51:27

Good luck today Mick.
Hoping your DD is much better today Gingster and that feel better also flowers

SunshineSally Mon 20-Mar-23 08:39:29

Just popping in to wish Mick all the best for his operation today. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
grandMattie love the henna - you have a talented friend.
Gingster sorry you’ve got a cold. And with all you’ve got going on too 😢. Take care of yourself. I hope your daughter starts to improve x
So many poorlies - sending hugs and 💐💐 to you all.

We had a lovely day yesterday despite not being able to see DS2 and DD. The former being poorly (family too) and the latter having to work. The house looks like a flower shop and fills my heart with joy every time I look at them. I had other gifts too - including tickets to see Moulin Rouge (the musical) in London. I feel very spoilt and loved 🥰.
The weather is overcast and rainy - I need to fit in a dog walk between showers plus a long overdue haircut for DH. Other than that it’ll be a pottering about day! Oh and we managed to buy a Ruby wedding anniversary rose yesterday, so DH will be planting that today 👏
Have the best day you can folks. Thinking of those that are poorly, struggling or are feeling low 🦩🦩🦩
A 🤗 and 🌻🌻 for you all x

ginny Mon 20-Mar-23 08:33:35

Good morning all.
Off to a watercolour art class this morning and have an on line lesson this evening.
DH is taking MIL to a hospital appointment. I hope he is able to go in with her or we will never get the correct information.
Thoughts with who are poorly or have other worries.

multicolourswapshop Mon 20-Mar-23 08:31:53

Good morning everyone where’s my earlier and lengthy post
I had a lovely Mother’s Day my dd and 2 gds came to visit they brought me a delicious afternoon tea my son sent beautiful flowers I’m off food shopping today with my carer it’s good to get out and about

Have a happy day all my gnetters friends

Wyllow3 Mon 20-Mar-23 08:25:16

Good Morning from a very overcast S Yorks.

Yesterdays treat was a whole hour conversation with DS, rare in their full-on lives; I’m going up there for a weekend in a fortnight so can see the new bedroom (carved out of a cupboard and part of existing room) so the 4 kids have one each now. I had a lovely Quaker MfW too, but one much loved attender is very poorly heart wise atm..

Probably just the gym today: generally at our ages its “use it or lose it”! I should be getting a date for a small roofing job - just the flat lead roof on the bay window. Also inspected the garden post the gales and a couple of nasty surprises.

Mick all the best in hospital today..

GMattie a lovely visit in a busy day there.

Georgesgran flowers

Loving the pics, Blue, Urms and Gwenisgreat1

Still holding you all in the Light, Gingster

best days possible poorlies and may everything planned go according to.

NannyJan53 Mon 20-Mar-23 08:23:32

Good morning from a dull and drizzly Black Country.

We are indeed off to Lanzarote monk. Flight is early Tuesday morning, so we are going to a hotel tonight near the Airport. We use the train as it is free with our senior pass smile. Will leave here around 6.30pm.

Lovely day yesterday with the family. DD made a lovely veggie chilli and baked potatoes, and I made a Biscoff cheesecake and a Biscoff cake.

Lovely cloudless blue sky Urms hopefully we will experience the same tomorrow!

Best wishes to Mick hope it all goes smoothly.

aggie Mon 20-Mar-23 08:22:33

Good morning from a damp dull Co Armagh ,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Michael !
Good job I got the washing dry yesterday , looks like a wet week ahead
Marydoll don’t give up on the Agapanthus yet , mine was in a sorry state last year , but new leaves came back and I had a few flowers , it looks worse this year , but I’m still hopeful
Lovely day yesterday , FaceTime with my Daughters and flowers from the boys , no visitors but I did het some gardening done before the rain started
Thinking of grandMattie in her single bed , I’m afraid I bought a new double bed when Jim died , but I still waken clinging to the edge 🤣

Liberty Mon 20-Mar-23 08:21:47

Good morning from a grey drizzly day in Suffolk. I’m pleased that many of you enjoyed some sunshine today . We didn’t but when we went to meet up with our DS and family at the seaside very close to us,we had never seen it so crowded,even in August!

I was spoilt with beautiful flowers and an afternoon tea package plus cards and phone calls from the DDS . I felt very blessed. Today I’m going on the train to meet a very dear friend half way from where she lives in Essex.

I hope,Mick,that all goes well today with your op and you make a speedy recovery. Thinking of those with worries about their own health or those of their loved ones and sending kind thoughts and best wishes for a better day for all.