The wording on the front says

'when do I'

get a spray tan
false eyelashes
&lip filler

just like Mummy?'

Funny? Or?

Callistemon21 Mon 20-Mar-23 14:55:19

I must be a GOW - Grumpy Old Woman or had a sense of humour failure because I don't find these slogans in the slightest but amusing.

Mind you, I don't think my DD or DIL do either.

Wyllow my DGD loved pink until they were about 7 and then it became 'disgusting'!

Dickens Mon 20-Mar-23 14:58:41

icanhandthemback

*Germanshepherdsmum*, I said take the thread as a whole and it is very judgemental. Who says that people here have good taste? So if you disagree, you don't have good taste? Personally I wouldn't have anything that is mentioned in 'the' babygrow' done but I don't judge people who do. I'd be more judgemental if they actually let their children do these things but this is merely a joke on a child too young to know.

... but this is merely a joke on a child too young to know.

Hmm.

'Adult' humour on babies' clothing designed to amuse adults makes me feel a little uncomfortable. There's something slightly cynically exploitative about it.

Fleurpepper Mon 20-Mar-23 15:21:01

Blossoming

But it is offensive.

a lot more offensive than bad language

Fleurpepper Mon 20-Mar-23 15:23:51

MawtheMerrier

Fleurpepper

I did write 'perhaps' ... and wondered what the reaction would be. She is not from Leicester Maw- did you read the article?

Apologies to mums in Leicester - wrong conclusion because you linked to Leicester News

Just happened to see it in Leicester Mercury website.

Fleurpepper Mon 20-Mar-23 15:29:26

It so upsets me that teenage girls are encouraged, expected even, to have slug eyebrows, false eyelashes, and artificial nails like bear claws ... and will probably feel that pumped up lips, enhanced boobs, etc, will be the normal next step.

My grand-daughter is 14, and some of her friends are already following as above- and the pressure for others to follow is on all the time.

Allsorts Mon 20-Mar-23 15:29:48

Not keen on slogans on clothes myself. Not even Baby. I won’t wear anything that say on the outsude who made it either.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 20-Mar-23 15:48:58

Spot on, Dickens.

Mollygo Mon 20-Mar-23 16:33:18

Not amusing to me. Glad I’m not alone in that.

pandapatch Mon 20-Mar-23 17:01:58

I find the slogan original post offensive but don't understand what is wrong with Disney?

M0nica Mon 20-Mar-23 17:13:28

It is not a question of taste, it is a question of sexualising babies.

I have a DGD, just about 16 and fake tans, lip filler, fake eyelashes and slug eyebrows do not feature in her life or that of her friends.

Norah Mon 20-Mar-23 19:24:11

GrannyGravy13

Not my baby so not my problem.

Indeed.

Ours dress theirs decently not offensively, I'm content.

Norah Mon 20-Mar-23 19:27:29

pandapatch

I find the slogan original post offensive but don't understand what is wrong with Disney?

I'm confused as well, my GC/GGC love Disney toys, costumes.

Katek Mon 20-Mar-23 20:07:12

Not having seen the offending article I'm wondering how they fitted all those words on a very small babygro? confused Just saying........

M0nica Mon 20-Mar-23 20:40:39

small print.

JaneJudge Mon 20-Mar-23 20:50:23

I don't like it either

Hetty58 Mon 20-Mar-23 21:28:12

Just - no - for goodness sake. I really dislike words on clothing (or walls) that are supposed to be 'jokes', inspiring or amusing -I just find them vulgar.

Redhead56 Mon 20-Mar-23 22:53:58

My little granddaughters have princess outfits they are lovely. Tacky slogans on baby clothes are a different kettle of fish and unnecessary.

crazyH Mon 20-Mar-23 23:04:56

Jon Bennet Ramsey comes to mind 🥲

Tanjamaltija Tue 21-Mar-23 11:13:40

...you can always write 'never' in indelible ink. Better than high heels for babies who can't even walk... i.pinimg.com/originals/0c/2f/a5/0c2fa50b39448d198874490983f72eb1.jpg

DeeDe Tue 21-Mar-23 11:18:23

Not keen on that.

Newgran59 Tue 21-Mar-23 11:20:35

Not funny, just really sad

Amalegra Tue 21-Mar-23 11:21:41

I hate clothes for babies and little ones with silly or inappropriate slogans on. ‘Daddy’s little Princess’, ‘Mummy’s little man’ etc etc- all toe curlingly yuk! My daughter was given a couple of such as presents when her children were small. They never wore them!

Nvella Tue 21-Mar-23 11:22:26

NotSpaghetti

icanhandthemback
It was me who raised Disney - yes, I am hostile to it - and all that it seems to stand for, frankly. Definitely not "sniffy" as you think. Much more complex than sniffy!

I thought I might be on my own somewhat with this one as the stuff is ubiquitous.

It’s a brave grandma who doesn’t get a Frozen dress for her granddaughter! Though mine are so over it now at 8 and 11

knspol Tue 21-Mar-23 11:27:16

Inappropriate and unpleasant but so are many other things nowadays so wouldn't get worked up about it.

Callistemon21 Tue 21-Mar-23 11:28:50

Nvella

NotSpaghetti

icanhandthemback
It was me who raised Disney - yes, I am hostile to it - and all that it seems to stand for, frankly. Definitely not "sniffy" as you think. Much more complex than sniffy!

I thought I might be on my own somewhat with this one as the stuff is ubiquitous.

It’s a brave grandma who doesn’t get a Frozen dress for her granddaughter! Though mine are so over it now at 8 and 11

Mine too although I've realised they do Disney Princess dresses for adults 😲

Perhaps adult women who want to wear an Elsa or Anna dress were those who were deprived of such joys when they were little girls 😀 as most girls wouldn't be seen in one over the age of about 7.
Let it go .......