Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Wednesday 22 March 2023

(57 Posts)
grandMattie Wed 22-Mar-23 06:13:32

Good morning from a windy, drizzly E Kent- things are not going well for “in like a lion, out like a lamb” this year.
I’m assuming Mick is still in hospital/unavailable.

Anniebach Wed 22-Mar-23 12:18:06

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrandmasueUK Wed 22-Mar-23 11:45:40

Good morning all from a very sunny Lancashire/ Cheshire border. I don't often post on this thread but I always read it, sometimes the very early posts and then again early afternoon. I have very strange sleep patterns.
I'm ensconced in my bedroom for the next 3 days as we have someone decorating the hall, landing and staircase and as we don't have a downstairs loo it's easier to be up here. My OH is in the South today as it's his dad's funeral. I feel bad that I'm not there with the rest of the family but my mobility is severely limited and the car travel is too much.
I've got my tablet, books and sketching stuff and a lovely view from the bedroom window so won't be bored. My daughter works from home and is bringing me meals so won't starve either. I don't have a television upstairs but not missing it. Loving the peace and quiet.
Hope everyone with ills and worries has a peaceful time as possible and those on breaks have a lovely time. Hope Mick is making a good recovery too.

Borrheid55 Wed 22-Mar-23 11:28:02

Morning all from a dreich Kent - where is spring? Clocks go forward on Saturday, should be better than this. Just read that March has been one of the dullest on record.
Marydoll have a lovely time in Perthshire and caw canny in House of Bruar. The cafe there is wonderful. I’d be interested to know how you get on travelling with vertigo. Are you taking anything for it?
Another quiet day for me. Can’t start my vestibular rehab exercises as I cannot access the website till the physio sends me the login details. Frustrating! Hoping to be fit enough to travel to Scotland at Easter, but Mother has Covid - again. At 91, I hope she has a mild case. Haven’t seen her since August ‘19 😢.
Between Covid and my problems with dizziness and balance , time has passed almost unnoticed.
Have a good day all!

Grandmachrisy47 Wed 22-Mar-23 10:36:10

Good morning from an extremely windy Co Durham. The sun is shining so I’ve 3 loads of washing out, hope they don’t fly away.
I’m on my exercise bike just now and will read your posts.
Hope mick is ok and that all with worries get some relief.

Blossoming Wed 22-Mar-23 10:02:28

Good morning everyone from sunny Lancashire. There’s a beautiful blue cloudless sky, 10°C and no frost. Went for a walk yesterday afternoon, my legs were stiff afterwards but I enjoyed it. MrB took a load of garden rubbish to the tip so we can get on with a few jobs, weather permitting. Food shopping is done, I will read the thread while I enjoy a cup of tea.

aggie Wed 22-Mar-23 09:47:01

Good morning from a lovely sunny Co Armagh
Lovely morning out yesterday , some Rhododendrons were resplendently dripping scarlet blooms
Lunch was interesting, Daughter had to move the car as food was cooked fresh and we just had an hours parking , the lovely waitress took her food back to the kitchen to keep warm , I ate slowly and enjoyed my meal
Off to club shortly where we are getting fish and chips from a local , another evening when I don’t have any tea !
Thanks for opening up grandMattie good luck with that mountain of paperwork!
Enjoy your break Marydoll
🙏🏼 for your Daughter Gingster xxx

hulahoop Wed 22-Mar-23 09:39:12

Good morning from a bright West York's. Had a good day in York yesterday more sitting than walking but it was good to be out .Ginster glad to hear your daughter seemed a bit brighter hope she gets home soon.Marydoll hope you have a lovely time away.It's pickup Gc today which we enjoy so not a problem.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 22-Mar-23 09:35:20

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
Hope Mick is making a good recovery. Glad you are feeling better Gingster hope your DD is too.
Enjoy Pitlochry Marydoll it’s a good few years since I have been there.
Sar hope your DB gets a diagnosis soon then you will be able to relax better. Glad your car wasn’t ‘terminal’ Ash.
Yesterday enjoyed my art group - must try and finish my picture at home.
TodayDH is having blood tests at the hospital then we drop a ‘sample’ at the surgery, then off to Lidl. Think I will probably have DGD after school today.
Have the best day Possible w

brook2704 Wed 22-Mar-23 09:25:47

A late good morning from me, we’re just at Almeria airport waiting for the Easyjet flight to Gatwick and then catching a later flight up to Inverness this evening. It’s the first time we’ve heard English speaking voices for quite a while so it feels like we’ll be home very soon
Have a lovely time in a Pitlochry Marydoll I really like it there there’s with lots of little shops to browse and cafes to enjoy
Your turn for the sunshine nannyJan - enjoy! 😎 I’ve packed away my sunglasses now
💐 for Gingster and her DD
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

EkwaNimitee Wed 22-Mar-23 09:23:43

Good morning everyone from sunny Carlisle. We had a wild, wet and windy night of it and I was glad I'd forgotten to put the recycling bags out. I did it when I got up and rescued stuff blowing down the road...it's a bit of a wind tunnel.

Best wishes to Mick and hope he's out and about soon.

I had flare up of indigestion last night so didn't sleep well and was awake at 4am. Eventually, I switched the radio on, trying to listen to something generally makes me doze off.

I shall do the ironing shortly then relax until after lunch when I have to go into town. The physiotherapy department has organised a meeting of all us prolapsers to give us advice etc. I hope they are not going to be weeding some of us out from an eventual one to one. Strangely, not at the hospital but at the newly renovated leisure centre, which I shall be interested to see. I hope parking is easier there.

You got off lightly with your car Ashcombe. Garage work seems so expensive these days.

Have the best possible day all.

Hil1910 Wed 22-Mar-23 09:23:29

Bright, sunny but blustery in Co Durham. My OH started cleaning the drive yesterday but the cold weather got the better of him so it looks like the remaining bit will be finished today. Lots to do in the garden but I’m a bit of a wimp when the weather’s so blowy so I’ll probably just read and surf!

NanKate Wed 22-Mar-23 09:15:30

Come back soon Mick we miss you. 💐

Thanks grandMattie for standing in.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 22-Mar-23 09:07:46

The 8 yr old has just popped in on his way to school (accompanied by The Imp & DD) he is off to his first cross country competition representing his school. He looked a bit glum and we finally got it out that when he signed up at the beginning of term for cross country he thought it would be what his mummy did on her horse. He didn’t want to say anything in case we thought he was silly.
We didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. 🏇

SunshineSally Wed 22-Mar-23 08:57:27

Good morning all from a miserably wet and blustery south Hants. Thanks gMattie for opening up. I hope you’re able to get through the paperwork soon so you can relax. A stressful time but hopefully you’re on the home stretch. Fingers crossed you get your moving in date for your place soon 🤞.
Hope Mick is recovering well.
Gingster glad you were able to see your DD and that you are feeling better today. Keeping everything crossed that all will go well for you all 🤞
MaryDoll enjoy your trip away - really hope you have a marvellous time x

Yesterday I had a phone call (UK mobile) from someone claiming to be from Amazon. When I said ‘I don’t think so’ he then swore down the phone to me using the four letter ‘F’ and ‘C’ words!!! 😱. I have reported it (and have blocked the number) but it did leave me rather shaken. There are some horrible people out there!

Anyway today we have wet dog walking to look forward to 😂 and a lovely visit from DS2 and family later in the day.

I hope you’re all able to get some enjoyment from today. Thinking of those that have worries or are unwell 🦩🦩🦩
Am loving all the holiday photos and news - just a little envious 😂!
🤗 and 🌻🌻 for you all x

luluaugust Wed 22-Mar-23 08:57:11

Good morning from a grey and windy W Kent. Off this morning to pick up a birthday cake for DH, he wants the large chocolate cake from the Cook shop. My visit for wax extraction was interesting as the elderly gentleman who did it could hardly walk and was breathless, he did an excellent job.
Sar I hope your brother gets a diagnosis soon, such a worry for you.
Marydoll enjoy the House of Bruar, I always like the bit where you can pop your husband with a newspaper and go and admire all the lovely things, I am sure you will find something.
Hope you are going on ok Mick
Best wishes to all.

Ziplok Wed 22-Mar-23 08:46:27

Good morning,
Hope all has gone well, mick and that you’re back posting soon.
Quiet day here today. Had hoped to get in the garden but thought it’s fine, it’s very breezy, so I think it can wait.
Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 22-Mar-23 08:39:55

Enjoy your holiday in Pitlochry Marydoll. A man retired from there to an apartment here in this building - it’s a small world sometimes isn’t it!

Gala Wed 22-Mar-23 08:27:23

Good morning from a bright, sunny blue skied Sefton. Hope it lasts.
Zoom exercise class first thing then off to a nearby town for Pilates. No plans for the rest of the day but would love to get out into the garden, preferably in a bit of sunshine, for a good tidy.
Take care all.

Liberty Wed 22-Mar-23 08:23:04

Good morning all from another grey dull Suffolk. I haven’t yet read your posts as I had a couple of WhatsApp messages to deal with.

Off to my keep fit class shortly and then a parcel from John Lewis to collect in a shop near to the village hall where my class happens…very convenient.

Hope those with worries, illhealth feel better today and find some pleasure in today.

Alygran Wed 22-Mar-23 08:22:56

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s a sunny but very windy start to the day.
Ironing , shopping and zooming define my day. Possibly some gardening if it’s warm and dry enough.
The phone has just rung. Always unsettling this early. Probably a scam call from an unrecognised number.
Have a good day everyone.

GrannySomerset Wed 22-Mar-23 08:22:14

Craft group this morning, making booklets with the marbled papers we made last time, and singing this afternoon, so a busy and sociable day. Sunny here at the moment but showers forecast later.

Hope Mick is making good progress and that our various posters with family ills have a better day.

cornergran Wed 22-Mar-23 08:12:43

Morning All from a damp corner of Somerset. Very windy in the night, rain lashing on the bedroom window

Enjoyed yesterdays visit, very interesting. Although I find these long days out exhausting they are worth it. Pottering at home this morning. Lunch at a tiny garden centre cafe where they offer an excellent mid week roast before some grocery shopping. Also need to deliver four bags to a charity shop and get some bits from B&M. The afternoon will whizz by.

Pleased you saw your daughter gingster, hoping for better things for her and all poorly folk. Enjoy your break marydoll, you deserve it for sure. And breathe grandmatie, your days are packed. If only all car repairs were so reasonable ash. Hope you’re recovering mick.

Take care everyone.

Grammaretto Wed 22-Mar-23 08:06:23

Beautiful NannyJan enjoy your stay

Grammaretto Wed 22-Mar-23 08:05:14

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Blowing a hoolie but dry.
My new Helpers arrived last night so I have a list of jobs for them to do while I go to yarn group.
I took them to the folk club last night where they both joined in singing Beatles songs (they had been at the Cavern club in Liverpool the night before) and reading poems.

I also hope Mick is recovering well.
Have a lovely holiday Marydoll I'm confident not that you won't buy any more clothes. grin

Have as best a day as you can everyone.
Thinking of the poorly ones.

Marydoll Wed 22-Mar-23 08:05:02

For GM Batty and Sar. 💐