Gransnet forums

Chat

Come in trisher!

(164 Posts)
GagaJo Thu 23-Mar-23 20:30:22

I miss her. I liked her posts and the way she stood up for fairness.

Doodledog Mon 27-Mar-23 10:38:46

Germanshepherdsmum

As usual, Doodledog.

Yup.

MawtheMerrier Mon 27-Mar-23 10:17:18

The question was asked and answered. It was after that, when the accusations started, that things went wrong

And that should have been an end to it.
Talk about a rammy in an empty room! confused.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 27-Mar-23 10:15:06

As usual, Doodledog.

Doodledog Mon 27-Mar-23 10:13:48

Very little of this thread has been about trisher herself. Her new name has not been revealed and without going back to read the whole sorry saga I don’t think anyone has been unkind about her in either her old or new persona.

The question was asked and answered. It was after that, when the accusations started, that things went wrong.

eazybee Mon 27-Mar-23 10:05:53

Just for the purpose of entertainment, I am surprised that the person believed to be trisher reincarnated hasn't revealed herself privately to those who miss her.

Fleurpepper Mon 27-Mar-23 10:03:23

MawtheMerrier

Seven pages to say come back Trisher who it seems has not gone anywhere but is posting under another name which everybody except me seemed to know.
Is this what the newspapers call a “slow news day” ?

Well, it is not for the first time, is it Maw?

I didn't know either, and yes, I miss trisher and have no idea what name she now posts under, and if she does.

Again, I do wonder who holds the record? Our of respect for trisher, I am out of this thread.

Mollygo Mon 27-Mar-23 09:49:38

MawtheMerrier
Is this what the newspapers call a “slow news day”? 🤣🤣
Soon to be known as a “slow news week”?

BlueBelle Mon 27-Mar-23 09:48:57

Baggs and calendargirl me too I didn’t know she’d left didn’t know she was back or what her name is now never notice a style, I only concentrate on what she or anyone else says Totally oblivious to most posters, I take everybody at their post value, not as to who they are could that be that I m not sharp enough, not clever enough or not interested enough up to you all to decide
I don’t think anyone would notice if I changed my name if I could be bothered, I d try it as a experiment, but I can’t

MawtheMerrier Mon 27-Mar-23 09:46:50

Seven pages to say come back Trisher who it seems has not gone anywhere but is posting under another name which everybody except me seemed to know.
Is this what the newspapers call a “slow news day” ?

Calendargirl Mon 27-Mar-23 09:33:25

In case anyone is at all interested , I hadn’t noticed Trisher had gone, didn’t realise she was now posting under another name, didn’t recognise her ‘style’ of posting, was unaware of discord on other threads, oh, and I very rarely receive or send PM’s, which is probably why this thread is news to me!

smile

Baggs Mon 27-Mar-23 09:31:17

Scanned through this.... I didn't know Trisher had left.... no idea what her username is now....

This kind of stuff goes straight over my head.

GagaJo Mon 27-Mar-23 09:21:42

Maggiemaybe

Shinamae

I smile because I have no idea what’s going on …..😀

Me too. smile

I vaguely remember trisher, have no idea whether she’s still here, gone, come back, or has another name.

Mind you, I only get around two PMs a year, so I’m obviously not in any GN loop/group.

Very simple. I missed trisher. No more or less. Mad really. An anonymous online person. But...

Mollygo Mon 27-Mar-23 09:19:08

And trisher, under her new name, is happily posting on other threads and noticeably staying away from this one.
Very wise.

DiamondLily Mon 27-Mar-23 08:56:01

People come and go from forums all the time. It's a transient thing.

They might find a forum they prefer, they might get fed up with one, they might have a lot going on (in real life), that takes over, or they might get bored...whatever.

Some never come back, some come back after a while, and some come back with a different user name.

The only problem is with trolls (as happened last year, on one section). that fly on, cause uproar, and then either get banned or disappear.🙄

It doesn't really matter, in the great scheme of things, but I can see why GN doesn't like these "where is x" threads....😗.

Joseanne Mon 27-Mar-23 08:34:13

*hit list

Joseanne Mon 27-Mar-23 08:33:41

I see this is now probably about a totally unrelated issue involving trisher, VS, etc. about which I have no knowledge.
Like JaneJudge, I don't do confrontation, so I'm out.
And, for clarification, my comment about having a hit last was "joke", just that.

Maggiemaybe Mon 27-Mar-23 01:06:08

Shinamae

I smile because I have no idea what’s going on …..😀

Me too. smile

I vaguely remember trisher, have no idea whether she’s still here, gone, come back, or has another name.

Mind you, I only get around two PMs a year, so I’m obviously not in any GN loop/group.

VioletSky Mon 27-Mar-23 00:10:39

I don't understand you sometimes doodledog

You seem very knowledgeable about certain kinds of behaviour and many pf your own comments on this thread mention certain kinds of behaviour you view as unacceptable

Yet when anyone (specifically those you disagree with on one subject, not those who have mentioned issues on other topics) mentions that they are struggling to engage in threads and finding them unpleasant and personal... you jump straight into attack and defend mode...

It's a huge disconnect for me that you are allowed to complain but myself and Gagajo are not.

I haven't once denied on this thread that you have seen things or experienced things you don't like, in fact I've actively shared that I would like things to improve and that I make effort not to engage in that way

So... I just don't get it, take a look at the forest around you, there is plenty of wood

Doodledog Sun 26-Mar-23 23:57:35

I don’t think it was started to have a go, but the answer to ‘where is trisher’ was given on page one, yet the whole thing was dragged out with lols and incomprehensible posts, ‘ignore me, I’m just reading through’ attention seeking, pop-psychology tripe about being nice, and so on. Those posts were not by GagaJo, but the accusations of bullying, daring to ask questions and so on were pretty evenly split between you.

My point is that if the thread was just to ask a question it would have ended with the answer.

VioletSky Sun 26-Mar-23 23:45:53

It wasn't me who posted a link to one of those threads and a specific page on that thread with whatever is supposed to be taken from the comments there. I didn't introduce the topic but it became obvious after that what a lot of people were talking about.

Genuinely do not think Gagajo would do that and if you read the thread again, you can see for yourself

I

GagaJo Sun 26-Mar-23 23:37:21

🙄🙄🙄 It was genuinely about my missing trisher. Jesus. Talk about wacko conspiracy theories.

I'm sorry she left is all. I liked her.

Doodledog Sun 26-Mar-23 23:28:19

If that is a summary of this thread, it’s clear that it wasn’t about a ‘missing’ poster at all, but a chance to have a go at people. I thought as much.

VioletSky Sun 26-Mar-23 22:54:53

Well my summary is:

Trans threads suck

They are completely horrible place to be

Most avoid them like the plague and its just groundhog day with the same old names

I have utterly given up on ever getting my voice actually heard there or taking part in anything resembling a reasonable debate or any kind of solution based thinking that doesn't involve thousands of people just shutting up and going away

It's a tough one

I'd like to see them change for the better some of the issues I agree with and think need better handling by organisations, those in charge of sports and those in charge of public and private spaces, I just can't see the loguc of blaming someone who just wants somewhere to pee or try on a dress and I vant see the logic of targeting trans women in what is supposed to be a fight for equality

If trisher is still fighting the good fight, I'm glad to know

Callistemon21 Sun 26-Mar-23 22:11:09

Well, if trisher has returned with another username, I should think she's steering well clear of this thread!

😀

Doodledog Sun 26-Mar-23 22:07:58

GagaJo

The type of questions I'm referring to Fleurpepper, have been aggressive, leading, antagonistic. Not genuine requests for information. I don't want to go into more detail because it'll be a thread about a thread etc.

I would, of course, dispute that. I am well aware that there is a diametrically opposed view on whether men can become women by saying so. I don’t understand it, and see (or, perhaps naively, saw) threads on a discussion forum as a good place to ask those with those views why they hold them, and how they square what is, to me, an obvious circle.

I can’t see why that is any of the things you claim. How can there be leading questions on something like this? Either you understand why you think as you do, or you don’t. Similarly a question on why a male-born person should be allowed in a female space if he says he’s a woman, but not if he doesn’t is not ‘antagonistic’. Incredulous perhaps. I just want to understand the rationale, as I simply don’t ‘get it’.