Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 25th March 2023

(60 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 25-Mar-23 05:52:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight with cloud in the sky but remains dry here at the moment here in brackley.
Today will go to Bicester do some shopping and maybe have a halve pint of beer .
Watch Cycling on TV then go for a Chinese Take Away .
Health wise I am not breathless or having a pounding heart beat which I had a week or so back .
There must have been something in my system for something like 12 months to cause it .
Mind you Winter still with us , I noticed Blackthorn in blossom which is a sign of weather changes.
Take Care,
Mick

mrshat Sat 25-Mar-23 15:36:14

Look after yourself Urms, you will be missed but we can look forward to your return once you feel ready to do so. flowers

Scapa1 Sat 25-Mar-23 14:51:51

I too and from the Wee County aka Clackmannanshire. Brought up and went to school there. School moto was Curcumspice which means look about you.

Grandmabatty Sat 25-Mar-23 12:23:47

Litter picker I used to live and work in The Wee Coonty. It was a lovely area. So close to the Ochil Hills, nice villages. I miss it still.

Taichinan Sat 25-Mar-23 12:13:32

Wonderful news blossoming!
Litterpicker I'm glad you're enjoying Dundee and all it has to offer. If you look across the river from the V&A you can see my old house and where I come from. I used to travel across to school on the old ferry - the pier used to be about where Discovery Point is now. It's all changed beyond recognition - and the many jute mills were all working!

dustyangel Sat 25-Mar-23 12:11:24

Urms while you’re popping in, I just wanted to say that I’ll miss you and your cheerful posts too but I completely understand your (or anyone else’s) need to have a break sometimes.

Good Morning to you all, it’s still just about morning I suppose and a lovely bright sunny day, with only the odd wisp of white cloud to mar a deep blue sky.

ginny Sat 25-Mar-23 12:05:12

Ooh, love that sky Hollysteers.

Taichinan Sat 25-Mar-23 11:58:50

What a beautiful pastel painting hollysteer - what a talented artistic lady you are!

Grandmachrisy47 Sat 25-Mar-23 11:15:05

How I envy you, Litterpicker, my Dsil and I have spent many short breaks in the Travelodge in Dundee. Hoping to go back this year.
I’ll miss Urms posting.
Some good news here today.
Just off to collect dgd from her cookery class. Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Sat 25-Mar-23 11:03:11

Hollysteers that is a truly beautiful picture. Ethereal.

hollysteers Sat 25-Mar-23 10:51:08

Good morning Mick and all from windy Sunnyside northwest coast.
Turned up at art yesterday to find our leader had a bad cold so I excused myself as I have singing coming up this week and catch things easily. Drawback was that I went shopping…

DD from south here and was out for childhood friends birthday party last night. Into city for family meal tonight.

Pleased for you Gingster and also Blossoming🌹
Here’s a pastel I prepared earlier.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 25-Mar-23 10:30:33

A late good morning to you all.

Just back from local shops, nothing planned for the day and looking at the weather it’s a sofa & kindle sort of day 🤣

So pleased your DD is back home Gingster I know you will now spoil her 🌸

Have a great Saturday folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

hulahoop Sat 25-Mar-23 10:25:42

That's good news Blossoming.

hulahoop Sat 25-Mar-23 10:23:12

It's been a very disturbed night with howling wind and heavy rain all night.Went to see gs open his birthday presents yesterday ,he is going to play gym tomorrow with friends . We have buds on our flowering cherry tree beautiful white blossom when it flowers . Gingster good to see your daughter is home .Hope everyone finds some sunshine this weekend.

Blossoming Sat 25-Mar-23 10:19:29

Good morning everyone from a cool windy Lancashire, it was raining earlier but seems to have cleared up now and the sun is shining. There is a steam gala at the railway museum this weekend and we have been watching the trains. Will go out again after lunch and try to get some more pics. Poor Mr.B has a cold so may stay home.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my cancer support team. It is 5 years now since my bowel cancer surgery. As my blood remains free of cancer markers and my scans are all OK Mr.P is going to discharge me back to my GP’s care. I celebrated last night with 2 glasses of wine wine wine.

gingster good news that your DD is home, hope she goes from strength to strength now.

Have a wonderful weekend all 🦩🦩🦩

Kalu Sat 25-Mar-23 10:15:41

Good morning all from a grey, dry at the moment Glasgow.

I awoke with signs and throbbing pain of a gum abscess. Typical it should appear at the weekend, I will top up pain relief until I can phone my dentist on Monday.

So happy to read your DD is home Gingster and your DGD’s reunion with her mummy, was powerful reading. 🥰
Enjoy your meet up today Baubles. I still haven’t visited that tenement despite saying I must do that one day.
Grandmabatty, so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. 💐

Have a good weekend everyone.

Litterpicker Sat 25-Mar-23 10:10:19

Good morning from a Travelodge in Dundee. It’s cloudy and breezy outside. We were lucky yesterday with plenty of sunny spells and only light showers. Rain through the night. We enjoyed the jute museum yesterday (and the cafe). We visited the McManus museum and art gallery and enjoyed looking at the studio pottery and paintings by ‘outsiders’ and underrepresented groups. We made it to the V&A only 45 minutes before closing time so a quick tour only. My steps app recorded 16,725 steps yesterday.

Congratulations to your GD Harrigran.

Good news Gingster

Spring is moving slowly north - we will get a shock when we go back to the south coast on Wednesday.

Off to check out Broughty Ferry. Then to friends in Clackmannanshire - Scotland’s smallest county 🙂

Urmstongran Sat 25-Mar-23 09:48:23

Oh, I just had to post and say from my heart, you are all such a lovely bunch of folk, truly. Thank you. You are always amazingly supportive of one another. Me too. It means a lot and I’m hugely grateful.
And to Maw.
👋

BlueSapphire Sat 25-Mar-23 09:29:16

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny 🌞Northampton. Yes, I'm back home, after a 12 hour night flight. Arrived at Heathrow at 4.30 am, and back at home here by 7.45 am. Just had a slice of toast as apparently I was.fast asleep when breakfast came round on the plane and sadly, no-one woke me! I was not pleased.

Am now off to start unpacking and sort out a bit of washing.

Will miss Urms.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

Chrissielou Sat 25-Mar-23 09:24:19

Gingster so delighted to hear your DD is home. flowers

Georgesgran Sat 25-Mar-23 09:20:48

Good morning from a wet Durham. I took the rain to Cheshire with me and must’ve brought it back! Another with Spring envy - there’s hardly a daffodil in flower around here yet.
A lazy day, will do a bit of laundry and some paperwork.
Good news Gingster - your DD will be well looked after by you.
Hope others not feeling so good are on the mend.
Best wishes to all. X

Grandmabatty Sat 25-Mar-23 09:19:48

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 7°. It's dried up a bit but the sky is grey. I wrote a post much earlier but had broadband issues so lost the bloomin thing. Thank you all for the kind messages on here and directly to me concerning the death of my friend. I appreciate them all.
Yesterday dd, dgs2 and I had a wee trip to town. Dgs2 was not impressed with the haircut but was impressed with the steamed milk in an adult cup at Costa's.
Today I'm heading to Aldi for a small food shop, then to Marks and Spencer to pick up my new funeral garb. I had stuff I could wear but I can imagine my friend's raised eyebrows, so a new dress and jacket it is. She would heartily approve of me buying clothes as she loved shopping for a bargain. I will do some housework and write out her eulogy for the minister which she dictated to me. A very organised lady. Gammon and cabbage for dinner. Have a good day all

luluaugust Sat 25-Mar-23 08:55:19

Good morning from a bright W Kent. Gingster glad your DD is home. gM all the best for the check up. Safe travels to all those on the move.
Off into town for Birthday cards and bits and pieces, otherwise a quiet day.
Best wishes to all

Wyllow3 Sat 25-Mar-23 08:53:59

Good Morning from a blustery S Yorks.

Phew that was a heavy duty day Greyduster.

I'm very glad to hear your news Gingster

Can you delay the op, G Mattie, till after the move, or is it a "must seize the appointment or be months" necessity?

Bests for poorlies and have good outings and family times

Very tired as ever but I do hope just to pop out to the gym.

aggie Sat 25-Mar-23 08:53:46

Good morning, I’ve hung out the washing , more in hope than expectation !
I remember going to see the Tenement flat years ago , but I also remember my Godmothers extremely opulent and gorgeous flat in Glasgow , such a contrast !

GrannySomerset Sat 25-Mar-23 08:52:27

After a very disturbed night - ferocious wind hurling rain at the bedroom windows - feel very lacklustre but have nothing planned so an idle day is in prospect.

Thank you for the Matt cartoon, Maw. Apart from giving us a smile it will keep Urmstongran in mind until her return. Lovely post from * Gingster*, hope things go well for her DD; have a restful day, Marydoll.