Gransnet forums

Chat

Decaffeinated tea?

(14 Posts)
Tizliz Sat 25-Mar-23 14:38:12

Tick Tock is naturally decaffeinated so no chemicals but it is not strong

rascal Sat 25-Mar-23 14:32:10

Yes Tetley Rooibos Red Bush herbal tea for me too.
Info from Internet:
The main nutritional benefit of rooibos tea lies in its rich antioxidant content and it being a source of unique polyphenols, including aspalathin. These protective plant compounds may help protect against the free radical damage that leads to conditions like diabetes, heart disease and potentially cancer. brew

grannypiper Sat 25-Mar-23 14:31:58

PGtips or lidl in this house

Witzend Sat 25-Mar-23 14:14:49

PG Tips decaf here. I have my tea black and not too strong though.

Gardenersdelight Sat 25-Mar-23 14:11:02

If you like Earl Grey waitrose own brand decaffeinated is really nice and quite strong ( actually comes up strong than their normal eg that my husband drinks!)

3dognight Sat 25-Mar-23 14:03:36

Do you get a Ringtons van come round your way?
All their teas are fantastic, even the decaf.
I think Ringtons may just be a northern thing , not sure.

aonk Sat 25-Mar-23 10:43:19

My DH has to avoid caffeine and so we’ve tried quite a few. I agree with those who recommend Yorkshire or M and S. It might be worth checking out Twinings as well. At Christmas we were given a gift box of goodies from Whittards including decaf tea. That was also very full of flavour.

merlotgran Sat 25-Mar-23 10:39:10

I drink Yorkshire decaffeinated as I like my tea to be builder’s strength.

grannyactivist Sat 25-Mar-23 10:28:11

After my brain problem last year it was recommended that I cut out caffeine. After many trials I’ve settled on M&S decaf tea and I really enjoy it.

Farzanah Sat 25-Mar-23 10:26:19

I think it depends on how the tea has been decaffeinated. There are apparently a few methods, but I’m not sure which is commonly used. Personally I would rather have caffeinated than chemically decaffeinated tea.
Have a look at the tea dog site.

aggie Sat 25-Mar-23 10:18:50

I use Punjana , I used to have it all the time , so was delighted to find the decaf version

Grannmarie Sat 25-Mar-23 10:18:44

Hi, Lilliesmum, I enjoy Tetley Red Bush tea, it's decaffeinated. Give it time to infuse, it makes a good strong cup of tea.

timetogo2016 Sat 25-Mar-23 10:16:13

I tried decaff Lilliesmum79,but never found any that was as good as standard tea,so i put one decaff and one ordinary one in together and got two/three mugs out of them.

Lilliesmum79 Sat 25-Mar-23 10:12:16

I love Tetley tea especially iff it strong but I'm trying to go decaffeinated. I already changed coffee to Lidls decaffeinated it's gorgeous really rich. But I've still to find tea that's as good as full caffeine. I've tried Tetley decaff it's not nice. Which is a tasty strong brew even if it's decaff?