Gransnet forums

Chat

Soup throwing again

(470 Posts)
Namsnanny Wed 29-Mar-23 14:03:21

Over Posie Parker (as was. Kelly forgot the rest of her name)
On her NZ tour.

I dont do links, but it's probably easy to find.

The person who threw it followed up with a quick speech, saying something like she wished it was blood, or next time it should be blood. I couldnt really hear clearly.

Why such vitriol and violence?

(If there is another thread about this, apologies.)

Namsnanny Mon 03-Apr-23 23:25:54

Rosie51

twitter.com/TwisterFilm/status/1640382512131178501

This is the video of Eli after Posie had left the site.

Thank you for bothering to find and post this.

Although changing goal post means it undoubtedly will be (has been) dismissed.

Rosie51 Mon 03-Apr-23 19:34:36

Glorianny you are repeating ideas very similar to the rascist transwomen who often tweet that if black women are women then so are they. Black women do not 'identify' as women they ARE women, just the same as me, Doodledog and you (I assume you are female).
Rachel Dolezal felt internally she should be a black woman and identified as such, got absolutely hammered for it. Would you accept she could be transblack?

Doodledog Mon 03-Apr-23 19:22:09

Glorianny, you are still insisting that men can be women just by saying so, and you are still refusing to say what being a woman means.

How can you say that someone can be something, anything, without knowing what that something is? Can men become giraffes? Or black men become white? If not, why not, and how does it differ from men becoming women?

Mollygo Mon 03-Apr-23 19:17:57

No. Trans woman is someone who isn’t an AHF but has claimed the nomenclature ‘woman’ to give the impression that they are something they are not.
Black woman white woman old woman young woman are all human females.
Trans woman is not a human female and saying or implying that, is a lie. Some people are happy to lie. If you say or imply that a TIM or transwoman is a human female, you are in the group that believes lying is a good way of life. .

Glorianny Mon 03-Apr-23 19:07:11

Doodledog

*Women for adult human females, transwomen for males who want to leave the male collective. Simple.*

Absolutely. I would love someone to explain why that is not acceptable.

No objection to that at all since trans is just a qualifier and subsection of women, like white woman, black woman, old woman. etc.So all are in fact women.

Doodledog Mon 03-Apr-23 18:27:37

Women for adult human females, transwomen for males who want to leave the male collective. Simple.

Absolutely. I would love someone to explain why that is not acceptable.

Doodledog Mon 03-Apr-23 18:20:42

For the record Doodledog I support the individual's right to live life as they choose providing in doing so they harm no one else. And that includes men, women and non-binary people.

Yes, so do I. That totally ignores the question though, doesn't it?

Rosie51 Mon 03-Apr-23 18:01:34

Glorianny

Rosie51

Is there a word that exclusively defines adult human females? A stallion is exclusively a male horse who has not been gelded. A mare is exclusively a female horse. A doe is exclusively a female deer, while a buck is exclusively the male deer. We have exclusive names for animals, but there are those that would deny us an exclusive name for human females. Why?

Who is denying anyone a name? I'm just looking for a working definition of the word women that can be applied to my everyday life. And let's be honest no one really has one.

Stop being so disingenuous. If woman can mean any male who decides they belong in that group then it's not exclusive to females, and we are absolutely denied our exclusive collective name. They've even tried to take female too. Emily Bridges the transwoman cyclist pleaded "I just want to race with the other females", implying Emily was now female.
Women for adult human females, transwomen for males who want to leave the male collective. Simple.

Bridie22 Mon 03-Apr-23 17:58:16

We have the word already, had it for centuries ...WOMAN.

Mollygo Mon 03-Apr-23 17:31:36

Callistemon21, G, mentioned choirs. She was then rude, which I expected.
That’s the only connection with choirs.

Galaxy Mon 03-Apr-23 17:29:58

Adult human female. I dont know how to help you in everyday life. Jeremy Corbyn is a man, Lisa Nandy is a woman, Julian Clary is a man, Meryl Streep is a woman. I seem to have some unusual skill of being able to differentiate between the sexes, I wonder if there is a way I can monetise it.

Glorianny Mon 03-Apr-23 17:23:24

Rosie51

Is there a word that exclusively defines adult human females? A stallion is exclusively a male horse who has not been gelded. A mare is exclusively a female horse. A doe is exclusively a female deer, while a buck is exclusively the male deer. We have exclusive names for animals, but there are those that would deny us an exclusive name for human females. Why?

Who is denying anyone a name? I'm just looking for a working definition of the word women that can be applied to my everyday life. And let's be honest no one really has one.

Rosie51 Mon 03-Apr-23 17:08:11

Glorianny Mon 03-Apr-23 17:04:20

Callistemon21

Glorianny

Mollygo

Glorianny
Is your choir member reference like the tall, heavily built, muscular, deep voiced friends
that people often bring into posts when trying to claim that “you can’t tell a woman from a man”.

Your
I would just think "Another woman, looks a bit different but she's here, she's a woman."
means you are more alert to the presence of what someone once referred to as the wrong sort of woman than I am. Do you look out for them?
When I go to choir, I put chairs out and chat to people, rather than scanning the doorway for questionable ‘women’.

My reaction would be different depending on
1. Where this person appeared. Choir is one thing, safe space is another.
2. Whether they declared they were a ‘woman’. Why would anyone do that unless they aren’t.”

It's a woman's choir Mollygo maybe you haven't come across such things but they do exist.
I often look at people it's a bit of a hobby. I'm a people watcher and not ashamed of it. I give them back stories. It's fun.

The problems might arise at the audition.
A bass would not fit in with a women's choir musically, whereas a tenor or baritone might.

How to suggest kindly that a mixed choir might be more appropriate for their timbre?

There are a lot of choirs here but I couldn't join one as I wouldn't pass an audition for any.

Why are we discussing choirs? Is this a metaphor?
Perhaps I should rtt.

There are women's choirs with women singing the deeper parts. My voice is quite deep, I can sing baritone quite easily and have sung the bass part. A lot of choirs don't audition and just accept all voices.
It was just an enquiry as to how the definition of woman would be applied in practice. I don't think it would be. I don't think it can be.
But all the protestations about "I can tell" amuse me. Maybe some people can, but what would you do about it? And what if you were wrong and harmed another woman with your judgement would that be OK?

For the record Doodledog I support the individual's right to live life as they choose providing in doing so they harm no one else. And that includes men, women and non-binary people.

Doodledog Mon 03-Apr-23 16:48:40

Well it isn't me who keeps asking for a definition of "woman" but if you are going to decide who is permitted to speak I would have imagined a workable definition was desirable.The only one I have been given so far is unworkable in every day life and apparently doesn't matter.

No. I am not 'deciding who is permitted to speak'. That wold be the TRAs who attend meetings of LWS to heckle and disrupt their meetings.

Your 'definition' of a woman as someone who 'presents as' a woman makes no sense. What does 'presenting as a woman' mean? Is Zara Jade on the other thread a woman? Did Paul O'Grady become a woman when he 'presented as' Lily Savage, and become a man when he took his dress off?

The question isn't an idle one - how can you support the right of men to 'become women' if you don't know what a woman is, or believe them when they say that they 'know' that they are women in men's bodies? It makes no sense.

Namsnanny Mon 03-Apr-23 15:51:35

Doodledog

Of course we can tell the difference.

I can't answer your questions, * Glorianny* unless I know what you think a woman is. I know what a woman is (an adult human female) and I can recognise one when I see one. It's not unlike being able to recognise a wolf, whether or not it is wearing sheep's clothing.

Its not unlike being able to recognise a wolf, whether or not it is wearing sheeps clothing

Speaking of a sense of humour up thread, this made me chuckle
(grin)

Its also spot on.

Callistemon21 Mon 03-Apr-23 15:14:24

Glorianny

Mollygo

Glorianny
Is your choir member reference like the tall, heavily built, muscular, deep voiced friends
that people often bring into posts when trying to claim that “you can’t tell a woman from a man”.

Your
I would just think "Another woman, looks a bit different but she's here, she's a woman."
means you are more alert to the presence of what someone once referred to as the wrong sort of woman than I am. Do you look out for them?
When I go to choir, I put chairs out and chat to people, rather than scanning the doorway for questionable ‘women’.

2. Whether they declared they were a ‘woman’. Why would anyone do that unless they aren’t.”

It's a woman's choir Mollygo maybe you haven't come across such things but they do exist.
I often look at people it's a bit of a hobby. I'm a people watcher and not ashamed of it. I give them back stories. It's fun.

The problems might arise at the audition.
A bass would not fit in with a women's choir musically, whereas a tenor or baritone might.

How to suggest kindly that a mixed choir might be more appropriate for their timbre?

There are a lot of choirs here but I couldn't join one as I wouldn't pass an audition for any.

Why are we discussing choirs? Is this a metaphor?
Perhaps I should rtt.

Gossamerbeynon1945 Mon 03-Apr-23 15:07:51

Just refer them to Sir Robert Winston on Question Time. Most right thinking people would say he is an expert. He said "No-one can change sex, it's in every cell of your body" or words to that effect!

Mollygo Mon 03-Apr-23 13:34:41

The real injustices are males trying to use the claim “I’m a woman”
to cheat, lie, invade female safe spaces.
The injustice where those Males and TRA use violence or any other means to stop females protesting about those injustices.
Also the injustice of females supporting those injustices and claiming that anyone who doesn’t is transphobic, no matter how often people say they’re only condemning males who claim they’re ‘women’ in order
to cheat, lie, invade female safe spaces.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 03-Apr-23 13:30:53

Glorianny

Doodledog

At a woman's choir I doubt I wold be bothered, really. But that's not what we are talking about, is it? A Let Women Speak rally is not the same thing in any shape or form.

Well it isn't me who keeps asking for a definition of "woman" but if you are going to decide who is permitted to speak I would have imagined a workable definition was desirable.The only one I have been given so far is unworkable in every day life and apparently doesn't matter.

So who exactly is being silenced? I'm not, nor apparently are any of the women who disagree with me on GN.

In fact some of the women I know are more active than they have been for years. Not stressing over who or what a woman is, but busy trying to get equality and speak up against the appalling right wing policies being introduced. The whole issue it seems to me is a right wing diversion to keep people from protesting about real injustice.

Quite easy define what a women is really.

They have XX chromosomes and do not have a penis and testicles.

Another visual clue is a pronounced adam’s apple unless they have had it surgically shaved of course.

Glorianny Mon 03-Apr-23 13:24:19

Mollygo

Glorianny

Your

Glorianny Mon 03-Apr-23 13:21:04

Doodledog

At a woman's choir I doubt I wold be bothered, really. But that's not what we are talking about, is it? A Let Women Speak rally is not the same thing in any shape or form.

So who exactly is being silenced? I'm not, nor apparently are any of the women who disagree with me on GN.

In fact some of the women I know are more active than they have been for years. Not stressing over who or what a woman is, but busy trying to get equality and speak up against the appalling right wing policies being introduced. The whole issue it seems to me is a right wing diversion to keep people from protesting about real injustice.

Mollygo Mon 03-Apr-23 13:10:05

Glorianny

Your

Doodledog Mon 03-Apr-23 12:43:23

Glorianny Mon 03-Apr-23 12:35:33

OK if you attended a woman's choir and someone you decided was a man came in what would you do Doodledog? I would just think "Another woman, looks a bit different but she's here, she's a woman."
How would you apply your definition in every day life?