Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 2nd April 2023

(42 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 02-Apr-23 05:55:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in brackley this morning.
A easy day for me will be watching cycling and preparing lunch steaming jersey royals with mint plus .
Otherwise a quiet day in for me , I have my echo scan at the Churchill next Thursday ,and have not received any further appointments maybe pending on that result.
Take Care,
Mick

Kalu Sun 02-Apr-23 11:27:42

Good morning all. Light cloud and dry again in Glasgow.

A perfect day weather wise to make a start with my painting project. The boring bit of undercoat first before I can apply the shell pink. No idea how long this will take but, no pressure, go at my own pace, something to keep me busy and hopefully, satisfaction at the end! If I’m not happy with the work, I can only blame myself. 😄
DD1 is driving back from London today after two days visiting friends. I will breath normally again when she lets me know she is home.

Best wishes to all for a pleasant, peaceful Sunday.

Taichinan Sun 02-Apr-23 11:10:23

Love red hair gingster - but also love the creamy white it can turn to. My DGD2 is a rehead, which her mother insists comes from her side of the family, but our side also has a number of redheads. Not me, sadly, but both DGSs are. DGS1 has it in spades - shoulder-length and with a beard and tach to match. When he was younger and played rugby the local press always referred to him as "the giant redhead" (he's 6ft4!).

Blossoming Sun 02-Apr-23 11:02:37

Good morning all.

Cloudy and breezy in this corner of Lancashire, 8°C at present. Yesterday steam trains were operating from our nearby railway museum, always interesting to watch. Today we are planning a quiet day, a little R&R.
Have a peaceful Sunday 🌹

GrannyGravy13 Sun 02-Apr-23 10:29:00

Wow, Gingster I am used to seeing you with your hair as it is now, stunning redhead X

Sar53 I hope your girls have arrived safely if I remember correctly your other girls are arriving tomorrow. I do hope having them with you will bring you joy X

Lastly if my dearest pen pal is reading I wish you well and send you (((hugs))) X

BlueSapphire Sun 02-Apr-23 09:58:41

Good morning everyone from a grey but dry Northampton. Slept in till 9 o'clock, which is unusual for me, but then I did stay up late last night to watch the film 'High Society', which is one of my favourites.

Just put some washing on, and have a load of towels to do as well. Should dry nicely today.

Enjoyed 'Jersey Boys' yesterday (and my glass of Prosecco!). The theatre was packed. I had a nice chat with the lady next to me who was very proud of the fact that she had brought her 74 year old mother with her!

Off to rugby this afternoon to watch the England women's team play Italy in the Women's Six Nations - should be a good match. Then home to a hotpot which will just need reheating.

Have a pleasant Sunday everyone.

GrannySomerset Sun 02-Apr-23 09:49:34

Floods receding and a hint of sunshine so will go to Palm Sunday service in the next village. It was suggested we might have donkeys but I gather they are not co-operating so a long stand and familiar (I hope) hymns. Nothing in particular other than the Sunday paper after that.

Auntieflo Sun 02-Apr-23 09:16:03

Good morning Mick, Annie and all, from a rather grey bit of Berks, but it is dry after all the rain recently.
The decorators finished last Friday, so DD and SIL came to do an inspection. Passed with flying colours. Not that we have much colour, all very subtle and calm. They also came to show off their new car. It would terrify me. There is just a large iPad type screen, a steering wheel and apparently, nothing else. SIL turned up at the dealership, was handed the paperwork, given the Reg No, and that's it. You have to find it yourself, and figure out how to get in and drive it. No instruction whatsoever.
Surely that can't be right? Elon Musk has a lot to answer for.

Anyway, Church this morning, then a peaceful afternoon knitting. I should make a cake, as DD and SIL emptied the cake tins.
GrandMattie, glad to hear that your move will soon be done, but I expect you are fed up with the hold ups.
You don't slow down much, do you Marydoll, still, I enjoy reading about all your 'doings'.
Thinking about your DD Ginster and wishing her all the best.

Litterpicker, surely OT should have provided a shower stool for your daughter.

Time to go and get ready soon, or I shall make myself late.
Have a good Sunday one and all.

ginny Sun 02-Apr-23 09:06:34

Good morning. No sun to be seen yet in N. Bucks .
More sorting in my craft room and preparing for a craft day with DGS tomorrow. He has all sorts of plans for our projects.
Cold pork, jacket potato and salad for dinner as we had a roast for MIL yesterday .
Wishing all a good and sunny day.

Liberty Sun 02-Apr-23 09:04:43

Good morning from a sunny Suffolk. We returned from our wonderful trip to the Scillies late on Friday evening to a very wet garden made worse by yesterday’s rain. So the sun today is most welcome.

The Scillies were very peaceful and quiet as their season doesn’t really start til April so several cafes were closed and the museum on St Mary’s where we were staying. We enjoyed talking to several residents who were pleased to see us and shared their love of the islands.

We had a magical day on Tresco where the weather was hot enough for me to worry about getting sunburnt as I hadn’t thought of packing sunscreen. Sitting in the Abbey gardens amongst exotic plants,shrubs and trees looking at an aquamarine sea and white sands is a memory I shall treasure for ever. We have stopped taking photos of places we visit as memories seem much more ‘alive’.

We missed the gales which threatened on Friday as we sailed back to Penzance on Thursday. The ship left Hugo Town 3 hours earlier than scheduled to avoid very rough seas which led to the cancellation of the sailings on Friday . A swell of 7 metre waves was forecast! The sailings for the 2 days prior to our visit were cancelled so we became well aware of some of the potential difficulties of living on an island. It seemed to encourage support for all within the community.

Now back,as always after a holiday,to a couple of loads of washing etc which will be the main activity today and planning and cooking meals!

I always benefit from no social media on holiday but hope that all have been well during the last 10 days and those with health or other worries have found some respite.

Off to make porridge and get back into our morning routines. Hope today is a positive one for all.

Gingster Sun 02-Apr-23 09:02:53

Sar I hope you and your dh are feeling better and can enjoy your visiting DD’s and dgd’s. 🤞

Jaxjacky Sun 02-Apr-23 09:01:14

Morning from cloudy, but dry S Hampshire, due sun tomorrow, with colder nights.
Enjoy your quieter day gMattie.
Unfortunately our granddaughter was caught up in the Dover debacle and is still a few hours from Austria.
Pottering today, seeds to sow, ham hock in the slow cooker for dinner and a walk this afternoon.
Enjoy your day 🦩🦩

EkwaNimitee Sun 02-Apr-23 08:41:40

Good morning Mick and everyone from Carlisle where it is 6C with broken cloud. I thought it was supposed to be warming up....
Yesterday I went out after breakfast to suss out the nearest convenience store, a theoretical 10 mins walk away across the park. Unfortunately, I misremembered the correct exit and found myself in an unfamiliar maze of suburban streets. Well, I just got lost! Finally pulled out my phone to guide me home and happened to pass the other, further away store so I did get my papers. Panic over! I'd walked twice as far as I felt I should have done and had to take it easy the rest of the day.

Today is my day of doing nothing much. I may well sow some seeds, otherwise it will be reading the papers and maybe the new book I was tempted to buy in Newcastle.

I hope you all have an enjoyable day.

harrigran Sun 02-Apr-23 08:38:52

Good morning from a sunny NE 🌞, will try not to get too excited in case it doesn't last.
Family came yesterday afternoon and stayed until 11pm, when they left I went straight to bed.
GD2 had been to see the Lion King during the week and loved it, her mum bought her a music book so she can play the songs on the piano. I like to sit in the music room on a Saturday and hear GD practising.
Haven't heard from SIL yet but I assume he will be coming for his dinner today.
Have a good day.

Marydoll Sun 02-Apr-23 08:31:01

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, where it's only 2C.

Ash, what a lovely smile you have!
GM, take it easy, the bed can wait, you don't want to undo all the good work.
multi, it sounds as if you had a lovely day.

Yesterday was a very enjoyable, but tiring day. We have a new Safeguarding advisor for the Diocese and he is excellent, the couple of hours spent on the course were worthwhile.

I then went for coffee with my old school friend. Three hours later, we were still talking. We bumped into the Vicar General, when we were picking up our cars and he asked us what we had been doing.
We told him we had been at the meeting, he was so shocked to hear, that it had lasted five hours, wink especially as Safeguarding is his responsibility.
My friend had great news for me. Her very ill sister had a new grandson a few days previously, a child she thought she would never live long to see. We were both very emotional.

Stilllearning, I sat down last night for the "long" Gospel, only after DH hissed in my ear to sit. It was verrrry long!

Today is going to be spent pottering, because I did too much yesterday, but it raised my spirits no end.
We are not expecting visitors, DD visited yesterday, but I missed her, DS1 isn't well and DIL and Babydoll are resting, in the care of DS2, who is in a state of anxiety.

I cannot post on GN on my tablet, so I'm off to investigate.

Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Gingster Sun 02-Apr-23 08:24:14

Bonnie

Litterpicker Sun 02-Apr-23 08:23:46

Good morning from cloudy but dry West Sussex.

DD2 and family were travelling down from Scotland yesterday. They should be at DD1’s now but have had no messages 😕
I spent several hours, over the last 2 days, scouring the charity shops for a shower chair for DD2 as her health condition means that she has difficulty standing for long. Charity shops failed me so have ordered a new one from the big river store. I’m sure it will come in useful sometime 😬

We will go to church this morning and then to DD1 to meet up with all the family for dinner later.

It sounds as though the better weather is raising the spirits of most grans on here, myself included.

cornergran Sun 02-Apr-23 08:23:13

Morning Mick, morning All. A grey sky at the moment, sun is promised by 11 , woohoo.

We’ll have to do yesterdays steam train trip again. The four of us were too busy chatting to take as much notice as we’d have liked. Oh dear. Hoping for a walk when the sky clears, lots of flooded roads yesterday so the car will stay where it is.

Take care everyone.

Gingster Sun 02-Apr-23 08:22:54

Good morning all and there’s bright sunshine out there. 🌝. How lovely ! This will make us all feel better.

Ash you look a jolly bunch .

Grandmabatty breasts like headlamps 🤣🤣.

Ladyleftfieldlover Bratislava is a really beautiful city. My nephews wife is from there and we have visited her many times.

Picking up DD and little gd for her swimming lesson and then back here for roast chicken . I’ll plate up two portions for the teenage twins, (who eat their mum out of house and home).
They’ve got some work on today, labouring for a friends dad, so they’ll be ravenous when they get home.

We’ll go through old photo albums this afternoon and have some fun. I’m looking out pics of when I was a red-head. I’m creamy/white now and recent friends have asked for proof! 😆.

This is me at a fancy dress as Bonnie and Dh was Clyde.

Enjoy this Palm Sunday ✝️

ShazzaKanazza Sun 02-Apr-23 08:21:31

Good Morning Mick and everyone from Thornton le Dale in North Yorkshire.

We arrived at our lovely B&B after a walk around Helmsley and a drive around the countryside.
Today we are going to have a walk around Goathland and Staithes and surrounding areas. My Grandmother is buried in the churchyard in Goathland. It’s nice just being able to park up where we want and enjoy the views with a sunny day to enjoy as well. Very different to yesterday.

Ash it’s lovely to see you so I can picture you now pretty lady💐

Enjoy your Sunday everyone hopefully the sun is out for most of us🌞🌻

Greyduster Sun 02-Apr-23 08:15:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s disappointingly grey and chilly in South Yorkshire. This was not forecast! I have a gardener coming to look at my sad little wilderness today and tell me what he can do to help make it lovely again. He may take one look and head for the hills! On the bright side, some of the seeds I sowed last week are already coming through - they are on the windowsill in the conservatory - next best thing to a greenhouse! DD and her menfolk are coming to lunch this afternoon which I am greatly looking forward to.
Lovely photos of your jolly get together, Ash!
Have the best day you can folks!

baubles Sun 02-Apr-23 08:14:23

Good morning all from bright South Lanarkshire.

We had a phenomenally busy day at the charity shop yesterday so when I got home I was happy to park myself on the sofa and get to work joining all my crochet triangles into bunting. I have a few left to block before adding them but it looks pretty so far.

Mass this morning then I’ll meet DH for coffee before coming home to wash and blow dry my hair as we’re off to a wedding reception this evening. I had to buy tights last week for the first time in an age. Don’t know how I’ll feel in a proper frock and heels after so long.

Lovely photos Ash.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Alygran Sun 02-Apr-23 08:11:00

Good morning from North Yorkshire. The sun is out, bed is stripped, washing is on!
Gardening today and then the photo book that I didn’t get round to yesterday.
Have a good day everyone.

Taichinan Sun 02-Apr-23 08:08:23

Oh dear. I have sun envy karma! It rose here on the Angus coast with a pinky glow - and then I blinked and it was gone. Relentless grey does dampen the spirit somewhat and I feel a 'can't-be-bothered' day coming on. Luckily I'm visiting a friend this afternoon so I shall perk up for that.
Lovely Gardener and his grandson were here yesterday, both wearing their Handyman hats. What a treasure that man is! He loves The Repair Barn and watches it every week so that he can learn from the Masters there, but I'm sure he could teach them a trick or two!
Lovely photo Ash.
Soon be over grandmattie - a new life beckons.
Enjoy your sunshine everyone x

brook2704 Sun 02-Apr-23 08:08:05

Good morning everyone from Inverness where we’ve light grey cloud and a dry day is forecast.
Thanks for the photos Ash I remember that lovely smile!
Yesterday I enjoyed pottering in the garden, lots to do as always but good to get started. Today I’ll be finishing off getting the house ready for our visitors arriving on Tuesday and sorting out the online grocery shopping.
Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday multi
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Gala Sun 02-Apr-23 08:07:36

Good morning all. Oh what a grey day it is here in Sefton. Suits my mood. No plans, a bit of a nothing day. Too chilly for garden jobs so will do bits & bobs around the house ......there's always ironing. And I've a good book & some cross stitch to be getting on with. As I cooked "Sunday lunch" yesterday teatime we will have the leftovers for our tea today. That's today sorted.
Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday.