Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 28th September 2026

(68 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 28-Sept-26 05:00:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
My usual routine after breakfast, catch the bus into Bicester do a shop and maybe have a cat to those people i know.
No cycling on TV,
Housework etc ,
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 28-Sept-26 08:34:44

R&L, me too, I like neither chutney nor piccalilli. “Too English”. DH scolded me roundly and told me I was racist! 😂
I’m not keen on any of my jams either - I might have marmalade or jam about twice a year.

Gingster Mon 28-Sept-26 08:34:32

Gramaretto house clearance is the way to go.
No hard sorting and lifting for you. They do everything and clean the house afterwards.
We were so delighted with our cottage clearance that we sent a bouquet of flowers to the wonderful young woman who organised everything.
Good luck with your move. 🤞

grandMattie Mon 28-Sept-26 08:29:45

Happy birthday, glamma

dragonfly46 Mon 28-Sept-26 08:29:27

Happy Birthday Glammagran.

And I hope your appointment goes smoothly Madeleine.

Gingster Mon 28-Sept-26 08:27:52

Good morning all .
We had a lovely family day yesterday. They all love getting together, teasing each other and regressing to childhood fun (that’s just the 47, 51 and 53 yr olds). 🤣. The younger GC sat in the conservatory and did some craft. Eldest gd and I joined them for a while chatting about all their newsy lives.
I like to catch up with all their doings . We probably won’t be all back together until Christmas.

Sitting in the lounge watching Pottery throw down, little pooch and I heard a loud thud. Dh had fallen in the dark garden. Why was he out there???

Our neighbour had heard and called out of his window ‘do you need help’. Yes please. Round he came and we hauled Dh up with no injuries, thank goodness. 🙏.

Madeleine you are a stalwart Warrior Woman for sure. The best of luck for today. 🤞.

I’m glad your shoulder is better Sar.
Happy birthday Glammagran. 🥳

I love the autumn wreaths Melanie. My friend and I are booked in to make Christmas wreaths in November. I’m really looking forward to it.

Enjoy the day as best you can 🌻

Marydoll Mon 28-Sept-26 08:21:40

Have a lovely day, * Glammagran.* 🎂🎁🎈🍰

GrannyGravy13 Mon 28-Sept-26 08:20:21

Happy Birthday Glammagran 🎂🍾🥂🎉

Marydoll Mon 28-Sept-26 08:18:25

Good morning all from Glasgow, where it is 8°C.

Madeleine, I felt quite sad for you, when I read your post. Going for hospital appointments alone, when you are unwell is no mean feat,
I hope all goes well 💐

Yesterday, I went down to manage the car parking at church, it was actually delightful. Not the torrential rain part, but the fact that so many people called out, waved or engaged with me. ♥️

My sister in law, who has fallen out big time, with her own Parish Priest, appeared; she is trying out all the parishes in the Diocese.🤣
She calls herself, a roaming Catholic, which I find amusing. She had a difficult relationship with a number of P.Ps, when she was teaching, so her options are few.😉

There were no obvious spaces left, but I managed to squeeze her in.
She didn't ask how DH was, just asked, if I knew a mutual friend was dying in hospital, then walked away. 😱

Just as I was walking through the cat park, I was almost run over by a lady in a red car.
For the last three Sundays, she has arrived very late, removed the cones from the entrance to the car park and parked across the wheelchair access ramp.😱
She then sits in the porch, never goes in to church. I happened to walk past her in the porch and she glared at me, daring me to say something about her selfishness.
I stared back, put on my inscrutable, teacher face and said nothing. I find that is more effective.

The head sacristan had opened up the church, but felt unwell and unable to serve Mass, therefore I had to step up.
I did not stay and go to the next Mass, as I usually do. Thankfully, the young sacristan was there.
I went home and sat in the conservatory for hours, doing absolutely nothing.
However, the rain was torrential for hours, I thought the roof was going to come in. The noise of the rain was horrendous.
Once again, my good intention to catch up on housework etc came to nothing.
Dinner was a disaster into the bargain, 😔

Today, for the first time in living memory, we have no Mass in our parish this morning because we have no priest.
However, I will need to go and let the money counters in to the safe and go for my prescriptions, braving the massive traffic jam in the main street. A hole in the road, has meant four way temporary traffic lights.😔

I wish all of you a pleasant day and best wishes to all, who are struggling. ♥️

Grammaretto Mon 28-Sept-26 08:18:01

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Sunny start.

Yesterday was mostly very wet so not the best day for my DD and family to be bringing a trailer from the Highlands and filling it with the furniture etc that they are taking.
They did though which was good. I even found a sweet note beneath my bedspread last night saying "I love you grany"

Today after exercise class a friend has offered to do some heavy lifting. He says I should have a skip but I have ordered a house clearance instead.
My back is still playing up 😡

Oh Madeleine what a worry about the journey to hospital. I hope it works out ok and somebody sees your plight and helps you.

Wishing everyone a great day.

brook2704 Mon 28-Sept-26 08:17:03

A very Happy Birthday glammagran! 💐🎂🥂

hollysteers Mon 28-Sept-26 08:16:58

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside Sandhills northwest coast.
The gardener put in the new laurel hedge yesterday after taking out the dead box. Apart from that, nothing much to report. I cooked a chicken casserole for DD who arrives from the south tonight.
I might go to a sing a round at a local folk club this afternoon. However I have a sore jaw for some reason. Hopefully just the way I’ve been lying on it.

Happy birthday Glammagran, thoughts to Madeleine and all🌺

Gagagran Mon 28-Sept-26 08:14:24

Good Morning everyone from the central south coast. We have a faint almost gauze like cloud covering but I think the sun will break through. It is gradually getting cooler each day.

I thought we were all set for an early visit from our plumber this morning but DH found, on checking the parts he had bought ready to be installed, are not the right ones!
He had unpacked them and thrown the box away (why?). So he rang and left a message for the plumber, who later on, kindly called him back and went through the exact parts we need, including the parts numbers. DH then ordered them to be collected today.

Then he rang the supplier to check that he could get a refund on the incorrect order if he returns it (minus box!) and was told he could.
The plumber will wait for him to confirm when he has got the correct parts and come later this afternoon to fit them. He is such a kind and obliging man. What a palaver!

Safe travels today Madeleine and hopefully the appointment is not a further source of health problems for you.

Kind thoughts of all our GNs with troubles of any sort. May the day be a good one for us all.

RosesandLilac Mon 28-Sept-26 08:05:54

Good morning from south Glos, a bright start here after yesterday’s drizzly afternoon; probably not enough rain to have made any difference but welcome nonetheless ( even if my washing was on the line 🙄)
My lower back is very painful, I don’t know why so I’ve taken some painkillers and am hoping it goes away soon.
I have nothing planned this week but I quite fancy doing some drawing or watercolour work, I haven’t done either for many months so I will dig out my pens and paints and set myself up.
Happy birthday Glammagran.
I hope your hospital appointment goes well Madeleine and that the journey isn’t too difficult for you 🤞🏻
Good luck with the prepping and cooking grandMattie, I’m not a chutney fan but I love piccalilli so long as it isn’t too spicy.
Best wishes to everyone x
🌹

EkwaNimitee Mon 28-Sept-26 07:59:06

Good morning Mick and everyone from bright and dry Carlisle.
Yesterday's weather was all downhill after my pleasant early walk, it turned out to be mostly a dark, showery day with a stiff wind. After putting on a load of laundry and changing the bed, it was a day of reading mostly, though I did make some scones...in my new air fryer for the first time. They weren't bad, though not as good as M&S's naughty, butter rich ones.
Later on I continued watching Middlemarch on the TV followed by Ch 4's new series The Space Race in Colour featuring some interesting old news reels and my hero Yuri Gagarin. It brought back some childhood memories. Do you remember poor Laika, the first and only dog in space?

Today, more laundry and the vacuuming plus I have admin to do and research on the computer. Gardening, probably not though the naturalising crocuses waiting to go in are on my conscience.

I hope Madeleine has a relatively good journey.

And a good day to you all.

Gelisa Mon 28-Sept-26 07:58:15

Wishing you a very happy birthday Glammagran

GrandmaC47 Mon 28-Sept-26 07:54:38

Good luck, Madeleine, hope the trains behave.
Happy Birthday, Glammagran 🎂💐

Gelisa Mon 28-Sept-26 07:54:06

Good morning from a cloudy dry Morecambe Bay.
I gave myself a stern talking to yesterday and was outside weeding the path and raising the sunken setts before 9 am. DH took CDog out on his own. He came back and asked why was I working in the rain. I replied it needed doing and continued despite the rain. I was quite pleased with my efforts but as I stood up my back ‘went’! I suspect it’s sciatica.
I’m reasonably alright both standing or lying down but that movement in between ………… argh!
We have a delivery of granite chippings coming this morning. Between my back and DH’s leg, moving them should be fun!
DH has already been up and moved the car and camper out of the way. I had planned to do this project by myself knowing DH was struggling but I suspect he will have to take over. Perhaps a TV company may like some footage for a comedy programme.
I shall wish everyone a happy healthy worry free day with safe journeys. Take care🌸

monk08 Mon 28-Sept-26 07:47:02

Good morning all from the Black country sun is just breaking through.
Just a local shop today and I shall have a look in the charity shops, I want a couple of vases so will see if they have any that take my fancy.
Madeleine I hope all goes well for you today and there are people to assist you at the station.
Happy birthday Glammagran 🎂🎉 enjoy your day.
NannyJan have a lovely holiday.
Safe travels those on the move and virtual hugs where needed.
Have a good day everyone whatever your plans 😎.

Redcar Mon 28-Sept-26 07:39:07

Good morning everyone from a quite dull mid Essex. No rain yesterday apart from a few spots in the afternoon, none forecast for today either.
I was awake for most of the night, eventually went to sleep at about 3.00, then woke again at about 6.30, not feeling too bad though.
I’m meeting a friend for coffee at our local RHS garden, looking forward to catching up with her news. No doubt some shopping in the gift shop will be involved. I need to stop at the farm shop on the way home too.

madeleine I hope you have a trouble free journey to hospital and that your appointment goes well, with no bad news.

Happy Birthday glammagran I hope you have a good day!

Thinking of all those who are anxious for any reason, and hoping that life’s challenges easy today.

Have the best day possible everyone.

Bellasnana Mon 28-Sept-26 07:30:29

glammagran what lovely memories. I remember that era so well and would love to have gone to Wimbledon. ‘Rocket Rod’ is 88 now but he was there in the stands watching the tournament.

Many happy returns of the day. I hope you have a lovely birthday.🥳

GrannyGravy13 Mon 28-Sept-26 07:29:26

Good morning, from a slightly overcast corner of Essex.

Good luck madeleine45 hope all goes well.

I have the gym this morning then I shall arrack the ironing pile this afternoon.

The Imo and 11yr old had their last afternoon splashing and swimming yesterday, DH will winterise the spa and garden today.

Have a good day 🙋‍♀️

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Mon 28-Sept-26 07:29:10

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s damp out it has obviously rained during the night. 17°C is our high today. I’ve got TiB at present and am still only needing my 4.5 tog summer duvet and the bedroom window is open. I have put on a cardigan though (I hate dressing gowns - too much material flapping about).

This morning I have a blood test, this afternoon I intend to go to chair yoga as I’ve not been able to get to that session in weeks and it’s the same yoga teacher as mat yoga on Wednesdays. She’s wonderful and so friendly. I enjoy her classes (when I get there! Thinking is worse than doing!).

This evening I will pop into my neighbour’s for a cup of tea together. Always a pleasure.

Sar53 Mon 28-Sept-26 07:27:38

Good morning everyone from the Essex coast. It's a grey morning here a bit miserable for a Monday.
My back is a lot better. I have no idea what caused the excruciating pain on Friday , a trapped nerve, muscle spasm. All i know is that i really don't want to experience it again.
Hope you all had a good weekend.
I'll go back and read what you have all been up to.

Grandmabatty Mon 28-Sept-26 07:20:56

Glammagran a very happy birthday to you

glammagran Mon 28-Sept-26 07:07:24

Good morning from Wiltshire. We did get rain yesterday. Today should be better. DH was still faintly Covid positive on Saturday after a week.

We went to see Big Big Train at the Komedia in Bath last night and had dinner in Cöte Brasserie beforehand. We sat 5 rows back from the front from the sold out show but the sound quality wasn’t good at all. They are too large a band for the smallish venue. At the interval we stood at the back where the bar area had closed for the rest of the set so it was roomy and the sound was very much better. My hip didn’t thank me though and I limped back to the carpark. As we’ve not driven the new car at night before, we hadn’t realised that full beam and dipped headlights occur automatically on unlit sections of road. What a revelation.

The other GPs survived the weekend with the GCs but said they would now sleep for a week.

Today is my birthday. Gosh they come round so quickly now. I don’t think we will see anyone until the weekend though.

Hope your chest infection is clearing BlueSapphie.
I hope everything works out for you Madeleine. I would have felt inclined to rebook the appointment so you could get transport.

I saw Rod Laver playing at Wimbledon when I was still a child Bella. That was in the era of John Newcombe, Stan Smith etc. I saw Bjorn Borg too. Then my parents divorced and sadly so did the tickets.

Have a good day everyone.