Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 28th September 2026

(67 Posts)
karmalady Mon 28-Sept-26 06:57:46

I do love that photo Melanie it is a very lovely one-of-a-kind wreath

karmalady Mon 28-Sept-26 06:55:05

Good morning from s somerset, we are expecting a beautiful sunny day today

Madeleine I wish you the best of everything today, a stress=free easy journey and good news at your appointment

Yesterday was just a lovely, calm, fulfilling and pain-free day. Nothing was rushed and nothing was too strenuous. I did exactly what I wanted and was indoors all day, up and down the stairs often and that exercise was enough. I slept very well last night and my only wake-up was when it was time to get up

Knitting a sleeve while watching episode 4 of Bramwell and episode 5 was uploaded yesterday so I have that to look forward to today, I do love these older films

My next camber set dress was cut-out and the sewing has started. On and off I did a little tidying in the kitchen but the living room is more untidy with knitting implements scattered here and there and I brought a couple of sewing patterns down to read through. Hand cream, local newspaper and the old AA documentation are all littering that room. BTW Green flag with the same services cost me <1/2 the price of AA

Food is much more normal, although it cannot be crunchy for at least another week and I am missing my one piece a day of sd toast and crunchy nuts. I am excited, I will be having a mug of almost-hot tea later

Last week I did buy a beautiful, quilted jacket pattern Salis from Itch to stitch, today I will decide what size to make and will print and stick it together in my size. Last night I bought 2m of reversible double gauze in a medium weight and some poly cotton to make the bias binding. The jacket will go with my new dress. I will be making the shortest one

So today I have a lovely day ahead of me and feel quite uplifted

Grandmabatty Mon 28-Sept-26 06:52:15

Madeleine fingers crossed for a smooth journey.

brook2704 Mon 28-Sept-26 06:50:11

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s still dark but looks dry
Hope all goes well today madeleine
Eventually we’re back online after a miserable weekend of no internet and therefore no TV, water off for 6 hours yesterday and raining most of the time! But everything seems to be working just now and it’s dry so fingers crossed things will improve. I’ve some food shopping to do this morning and then I’m out line dancing this evening, I’m looking forward to seeing everyone.
Lovely autumn wreaths melanie well done
Hope everyone has the best day they can, take care all 💐

grandMattie Mon 28-Sept-26 06:46:18

Gorgeous, Melanie!

Melanie61 Mon 28-Sept-26 06:33:54

Good luck madeleine. I hope all goes well

Melanie61 Mon 28-Sept-26 06:32:55

Good morning from Sheffield
I had a very enjoyable day yesterday. My niece is just starting to do florist workshops. My daughter and I went along to an autumn wreath making session. She had organised it extremely well and we came away very pleased with our efforts. That took up most of the day by the time we got home so relaxed for the rest of the day.
Take care everyone flowers

grandMattie Mon 28-Sept-26 06:24:30

All the best today, madeleine, for the various painful journeys, for the anxiety causing appointments…

Aldom Mon 28-Sept-26 06:20:14

Good luck for your train journey and for the hospital appointment Madeleine. shamrock

Greyduster Mon 28-Sept-26 06:10:16

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where it is still dark, and Jupiter is waning. We had a very weird sky yesterday evening. It can over very dark
with sickly looking clouds, caused by the sun setting behind them. DD and SiL were just about to leave, but we stood watching the sky for a while. They enjoyed the pie I made but I have to say, it’s a darn sight less effort to slam a roast in the oven than make a pie from scratch, plus pineapple upside down cake.

Today I have to wait in for a parcel delivery, and then drive to another garden centre to find the plants I couldn’t find locally on Saturday. I will have coffee and cake while I’m there.

Have the best day you can, folks.

Bellasnana Mon 28-Sept-26 06:10:09

Oh madeleine I wish you luck for your train journey and hope some kind soul can help you along the way. 🫂

Bellasnana Mon 28-Sept-26 06:02:55

Good morning from Malta where the forecast predicts a cloudy day with a high of 28°C.

The weather yesterday was perfect, sunny but not too hot so I took the boys to the little local play park where we spent a happy couple of hours. Had the place to ourselves at first then, little by little, others arrived including the boys’ new class teacher with her two boys! She seems lovely.

After a happy morning, poor DGS1 bumped his nose while playing on a rocking whale (😅) which caused a nosebleed. DGS2 has a phobia about blood so was more upset than his brother. I took them home and all was well.

DD3 picked them up at 1 pm and I watched the Laver Cup all afternoon. Very happy Team Europe won but had hoped to see a few more matches played, however they reached the 13 points required to win the trophy without needing the extra matches. It was a lovely tournament, so much fun to watch. I shall have withdrawal symptoms now it’s over, a bit like Mick now the cycling is over.

No plans today as yet. I need to renew my ID card so might go and do it if I can be arsed. I’m afraid my CBA kicks in rather too often these days!😂

I wish you all the best day possible. Take care all.🔅

madeleine45 Mon 28-Sept-26 05:53:55

Good morning Michael and all GN's on this very dark , still morning in North Yorkshire. Well as they say if you have lemons make lemonade! So for once waking early with back very painful was to my advantage. I am now up, had some breakfast and gathering all the bits and pieces needed, getting ready for the trek to the hospital in Middlesborough by train.
The walk to the station is going to be the worst, as have no time to let painkillers improve matters, but at least fingers crossed I shall be in plenty of time for the appointment. The wretched letter does not even give any directions from the station and although I have looked things up on google etc. all I really know is that I have to change trains, and hope that there will be a human being at the station to buy my ticket from who will be able to give me some help, and that I shall manage all the steps to the platform as of course at the moment the lift is not working, so it says!! At least all this concern about getting there is keeping the panic levels down a bit as to what they are going to say and do!!

Yesterday, I felt very stressed out, worrying about today and how I could get there. I got in touch with a couple of friends, but of course at such short notice they were all busy and unavailable to take me to the hospital. I did a little bit of housework and had a good washing up session and cleaned all the kitchen surfaces with vigour to get rid of some of the stress. Then in the afternoon I went to a lovely harvest festival service. There were two on in my town, but having been brought up with a rural background and being part of services that were genuinely thankful for the harvest safely gathered in, I decided to go to the little village, where I play whist each week. It said it was in the chapel of ease, which I have never been to and couldnt think where it might be, but arriving in the village I spotted a lady walking carrying something and guessed she was on her way there and asked the way. I got parked and walked there, but had to stop a couple of times as it was slightly uphill and a bit further along than I had thought. However I arrived to quite a full chapel and a kind welcome from the churchwarden. It was exactly the kind of service I wanted to go to, with lovely decorations of gorgeous flowers and lots of gourds and pumpkins which have of course done well this year. The donations did not make such a lovely thing to look at but were very practical, as they consisted of bags of all kinds of groceries, tins and boxes etc. They were all being donated to our local foodshare group, which is run from the community group where I go to the womens group on a thursday, so I knew they would be well received and be very good to increase what there was for those in real need. The service was very church of england, and had all the harvest readings and the lovely hymns, so that everyone joined in properly and we "ploughed the fields and scattered" etc with real feeling. One or two people from the whist drive were there so it was nice to feel a little part of it and not the stranger, so it was an enjoyable time with lots of memories of my childhood and my family, especially my great granny who used to make the sheaf of corn bread for the centre of the display, and my great uncle , who by tradition, always gave two sheaves of corn tobe at either end of the display and would be especially cut by hand rather than letting the combine harvester get it all. There was a nice chat and tea and home made cakes were passed around. I declined the tea but enjoyed a "butterfly" bun , remembering making those as a child. So I returned home with a little lighter heart, but despite racking my brain and trying to think of any other way I could get to the appointment, had to go to bed deciding that either I would be awake early enough to go myself - a la Little Red Hen - or I would have to ring and cancel the appointment. I did not want to do that as ,firstly I am already uptight about it and will not be able to settle until I find out what is happening, so waiting longer will only make things worse and secondly to cancel at this late stage will mean that they will not be able to use that appointment time for someone else,which is a waste. Anyway here I am up and not exactly raring to go, but nevertheless planning my trip. At the least I will have found out how to travel there by train, should the need ever arise again! I wont be able to cheer myself up, as previously like a child being offered a treat after an appointment there, I usually promise myself a trip to Saltburn to see the sea and blow away the cobwebs.

So I hope you all start your day well and have a pleasant day in store for you. I shall hopefully, return from the trip in one piece and be back in time to read all your posts and tell you the tale of the railway trip, but dont think it will be like Thomas the Tank engine!

Georgesgran Mon 28-Sept-26 05:46:28

Good Morning from Durham. Still dark here and currently 7c. Awake far earlier than I wanted, further sleep evaded, so it’s TIB at the moment.
I’ve coffee with a friend at 10, then I’m taking Little Dog back to DD2 and having promised to spray the weeds coming through her block paved drive and frontage, I’ll do that.

Best wishes to all. X

Grandmabatty Mon 28-Sept-26 05:38:42

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 9° but too dark to tell the weather. GrandMattie good chutney making ahead!
Yesterday wasn't as productive as I hoped but I has a visit from dd with dgs2 who promptly started drawing and wanted words spelled to him to write. School has been very good for him. Instead of salmon, I had a plate of mince and mashed potatoes. I ate more sweet stuff than is advisable for someone with diabetes. The upshot was- I had a horrendous night's sleep. My own fault entirely.
Today is early childcare day. I'll head to dds then later drop off the boys at school, take a prescription for dgs1 to be handed in then head home for a nap. Later I will tidy the school library before picking up the boys again. Then dsil will collect dgs1 for football and dd will collect dgs2. After that, it'll be an early night for me! Have a good day all

grandMattie Mon 28-Sept-26 05:15:06

Good morning from a dry Bristol.
What a shame there’s no cycling for you to watch, Mick, any more later in the year?
Yesterday was fairly busy. The vicar was in valedictory mode and his sermon was a long series of memories of his 25 years here. Ok for some but a bit boring for newcomers like me. It is also the centenary of the building of the church, which will be celebrated next week. Busy times.
Came home after the service, and had lunch. I needed to make mor3 marmalade as my stock has gone but had no lemons. Off to church to get the display which included lemons. I had planned to dismantle today…
Marmalade made, the chards revived and turned into a gratin for dinner, I asked my neighbour down for a cuppa. Her harvest festival was yesterday as well but felt very odd as a family from a different parish/area was leading and had chosen all the songs, none of which the congregation knew, and definitely no ploughing of fields, which saddened her!
Today, Tesco with her. I shall try to get plants for my tubs and one hanging basket.
In the afternoon, I must finish reading the Spanish story, then I have “a ton” of vegetables to convert; the preparation is very time consuming.
May this week bring only blessings to you all. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Michael12 Mon 28-Sept-26 05:00:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
My usual routine after breakfast, catch the bus into Bicester do a shop and maybe have a cat to those people i know.
No cycling on TV,
Housework etc ,
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick