Gransnet forums

Chat

good news for stoke on trent bus pass holders

(5 Posts)
infoman Thu 01-Oct-26 11:17:55

The 09:30am restriction has been dropped from Monday 5th October 2026 till 31st March 2027,lets get out and about.

MawsRosie Thu 01-Oct-26 11:19:34

Bit out of my way even with a bus pass

rafichagran Thu 01-Oct-26 11:26:07

I am glad it's only for a limited time. If people who are inconvenienced going to work it should stop. I hold a bus pass and can shop or meet friends after 9.30 am.
If I need to meet earlier I drive.

Graphite Thu 01-Oct-26 11:36:14

I suppose it will help older people who have say a 9:00am medical or other appointment.

It wouldn’t work well here as the city buses are still packed with workers at 9:00 am who start a little later to avoid the school rush.

butterandjam Thu 01-Oct-26 11:50:08

In Scotland the buspass (from age 60), has no time limits at all, and has been in use for 20 years without causing any problems for commuting workers. It covers local and longdistance buses in all parts of Scotland, 24/7.