Gransnet forums

Chat

is petrol cheaper or dearer in Europe?

(18 Posts)
MawsRosie Sat 03-Oct-26 09:19:22

Either way, it’s not going to make sense to pop over to mainland Europe to fill up!

Graphite Sat 03-Oct-26 09:16:48

No need to ask.

RAC publish a comparison list.

www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/advice/european-fuel-prices-petrol-and-diesel-prices-in-europe/

MT62 Sat 03-Oct-26 08:57:51

I paid £1.95 last night to fill up with Diesel

mrsmeldrew Sat 03-Oct-26 08:53:54

Cheaper in Lanzarote 1.64 euros a litre.

TillyTrotter Sat 03-Oct-26 08:46:39

We used to be encouraged to drive on diesel in the late 80’s but it’s all change now isn’t it?
My car is petrol engine and it’s £1.74 Litre here (for today anyway!)
Your diesel is steep NSpaghetti

MartavTaurus Sat 03-Oct-26 08:44:52

MawsRosie

NotSpaghetti

Cheapest diesel in my area yesterday was £199.7

Now that IS expensive 😂😂😂😂

That was my point!

NotSpaghetti Sat 03-Oct-26 08:44:52

Ha ha. My daughter says diesel at the supermarket near her house is £199.6!
....bargain!

MawsRosie Sat 03-Oct-26 08:37:13

NotSpaghetti

Cheapest diesel in my area yesterday was £199.7

Now that IS expensive 😂😂😂😂

NotSpaghetti Sat 03-Oct-26 08:36:24

I wasn't being snippy. Just so you know, Tilly

MartavTaurus Sat 03-Oct-26 08:34:56

I said a joke, I was indirectly poking fun at my own confusion while actually kindly answering the question despite splitting my comments.

LadyGracie Sat 03-Oct-26 08:34:04

South Wales

Unleaded £1.79
Diesel £1.99

TillyTrotter Sat 03-Oct-26 08:31:08

Some snippy comments here in the absence of kindly pointing out an inadvertent error.
It’s a wonder anyone starts a thread !!
I think it’s shot up in price per litre but don’t know it compares with , say, France or Spain.

nanna8 Sat 03-Oct-26 08:26:32

Diesel is About 260 cents a litre here - about £1. 38 Unleaded petrol is 230 cents a litre , a bit cheaper, about £1.21. It used to be under $2 a litre always until Donald’s shenanigans.

MartavTaurus Sat 03-Oct-26 08:20:08

It's usually a bit dearer in France I find, but I'm just buying wherever is convenient, not necessarily checking.

MartavTaurus Sat 03-Oct-26 08:17:49

This thread is doing ny head in! Dirt cheap or wickedly expensive. Which one is it?!

NotSpaghetti Sat 03-Oct-26 08:12:10

Cheapest diesel in my area yesterday was £199.7

MawsRosie Sat 03-Oct-26 08:09:10

More like £1.74 I think!
Wish it were 1.74p 😂😂😂😂😂

infoman Sat 03-Oct-26 08:07:51

compared to our 1.74p we pay at U.K. super markets