Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 4th October 2026

(69 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 04-Oct-26 04:47:32

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start to the day here in Brackley this morning.
Todays plans , housework , and watch some TV a bit of cycling as well.
Have Lunch.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Usedtobeblonde Sun 04-Oct-26 09:56:11

Good morning from Stockport.
I have been AWOL for a week or so and it is coincidental that my reason for not posting has been aired this morning.
I read the posts and then can’t remember who said what and I feel guilty not mentioning if someone needs some comfort or a mention.
As has been said when I joined we just exchanged greetings and postered about our doings.
I can’t keep up so decided to take a break.
I have been here since just after GN started under my previous name annsixty.
I will try to post more often but sometimes am so late I feel it’s not going to get read so no point.

harrigran Sun 04-Oct-26 08:59:34

Good morning from a grey but dry NE.
I am still in bed as I have no plans for today.
Yesterday's lunchtime party was interesting, my cousin gave a long speech about his wife, I had no idea she had done so much in her life.
A granddaughter played a keyboard, all the pieces she played were favourites of my DGD too.
A neighbour sang a medley of songs appropriate to my cousin and his wife.
Sister and BIL dropped me off at home and I was happy to change into casual clothes and sit in front of the TV with a cup of tea.
Have a pleasant Sunday.

MawsRosie Sun 04-Oct-26 08:55:55

Ooh! Nice to see a mention , thank you Marydoll
Yes, I read every day and enjoy hearing about you all but have sort of left off posting as I felt my days were too trivial to mention!
However recently I have taken a group of 30 from the Arts Society to the Kings Gallery to see the late QEII’s fashions, been to the Whistler exhibition at Tate Britain and a wonderful BRB Swan Lake last week in Birmingham,
Today I have my 3 Brum GC staying as their parents were at another SIL’s 50th birthday bash in London and we are meeting up with them at the village pub for lunch on their return.
(Fortunately bring teenagers they do not wake up early and are perfectly able to help themselves to anything they need, so low maintenance. )
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

dragonfly46 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:54:18

Love that FGT

dragonfly46 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:53:11

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

The last few days have been busy but today I have nothing to do this morning so I am still in bed.

I cricked my neck yesterday doing the exercises for my back - so ironic- and it is very painful when I move my head, coupled with a sore arm on the same side from the flu jab I am feeling a little sorry for myself..

Nevertheless I am playing Scrabble with friends this afternoon.

I feel your frustration Gingster life can be very hard at times.
Wishing everyone the best day possible.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:50:41

I thought of this just now Greyduster!

Greyduster Sun 04-Oct-26 08:45:49

Baubles that sea glass is very unusual. I’m a collector too! I have two pieces of cobalt so tiny I’m surprised they leapt out at me. I doubt I’ll ever find any more now.

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 08:45:02

I have been reflecting on the change in this thread since the early days on GN. It used to be just people saying good morning, talking about the weather and saying what they were intending to do.

Kitty, the dynamics have certainly changed from the early days, but the posters have also changed.

Mick, you and I, Dragonfly and occasionally Maw, who was Maw Broon in those days, are as far as I know, the only original posters left. I am sure someone will correct me.
I started posting on 2014 and a lot of water has passed under the bridge.

Some of us like to ramble, some are short and sweet. Every contribution is valuable.
However, I do find it much more interesting these days.

BlueSapphire Sun 04-Oct-26 08:42:55

Good morning everyone from a very bright and sunny 🌞Northampton, a fine day ahead. Very little planned for today, except at some time DS will come and give me a hand with a couple of things I am unable to do after my recent eye surgery.

Finished reading The Odyssey yesterday, so might sit and read through some of the translator's comments. Also have the Sunday papers to read, and the towels are in the washing machine. After that possibly some catch-up tv.

Flautist DD's band concert was excellent yesterday evening, a packed church and an eclectic programme ranging from the theme to Jaws, through Norfolk folk songs and sea shanties to Amazing Grace, a horn concerto and finishing with an arrangement of Saint-Saens' organ music.

Bacon roll for breakfast beckons and so will wish all a pleasant day.

latedecember1963 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:41:04

Good morning everyone from a sunny Lancashire.

Safe travels today, Ashcombe, and others on the move.

Oh my goodness, that little dog is gorgeous, Bellasnana! 😍 He looks a real little character too. He could be our thread mascot.

I hope today's farewell celebrations go well, GrandMattie and that you have help with the clearing up. I know that feeling all too well of it being the same few people who stay to help as if people think the cleaning fairies magically appear when they all rush off.

Not sure what we have planned for today. Sometimes a quiet mooching about day suits us.

Wishing you all the best day possible whatever your plans. 🌻

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:35:20

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where there’s a decidedly chilly nip in the air. I put slippers on and one of Himself’s cardigans while I made my TiB just now. Alexa tells me it’s 5°C at present with sun (it is shining now) and 19°C later.

I have another day of no plans which is a nice hiatus but I wouldn’t like it to be so quiet routinely.

Following on from yesterday’s wardrobe clean/shuffle round (I kept sliding the doors back to have a peek - I know - I’m sad like that!) I plan to put my summer sandals into their storage box inside the bed base and bring out my winter shoes. I’m sure I have only 2 pairs of boots - one black biker, one brown ankle - and I think the brown need replacing. I shall look at what I have with a critical eye. A trip to the Trafford Centre next week might be on my agenda!

Cute hound Bellasnana!

Jaxjacky Sun 04-Oct-26 08:34:19

Morning from an overcast and cooler S Hants, autumn is definitely here,
My new herbs arrived yesterday, my previous pot died over the summer, relentless heat and an ant infestation finished them off.
I’ll wave as you pass Ashcombe, safe journey.
Have a decent day all.
🦩🦩

Gagagran Sun 04-Oct-26 08:28:08

Good Morning everyone from the central south coast. I'll give you a wave when you land in Portsmouth Ash -not that far from us! It's sunny but cool and dry. Safe journey!

Speaking of prescriptions, Mary and Gingster, I have been having problems with the combined asthma inhaler I was persuaded to try at my last check with the asthma nurse. I have been getting palpitations in the morning after use and when I finally read the massive insert (folded very small to fit in the box) I saw that they can be a side effect of this medication and to stop using it. So DH suggested I go back to using the original single meds one I have been on for years. And I did - no palpitations so I am going to tell her I prefer to go back to my old prescription next week when I have another review.

Take care all, enjoy your various plans and hope those in pain find some ease today.

monk08 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:27:20

baubles loving the sea glass do you make jewellery with it?.
Ash safe travels to you both.
Marydoll hope your cunning plan works.

Georgesgran Sun 04-Oct-26 08:20:47

Good Morning from Durham. It’s a grey, breezy start and will feel cool.
I’m doing ‘something’ with DD2 and DGS2 today, but what is yet to be decided. lt’s whatever he fancies, but hopefully, we can take Little Dog with us, then he’ll then stay with them. On the way home, I’ll call on DD1 and make the necessary noises of approval over her new car - it’s electric, so I’m just not keen!

Best wishes to all. X

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 04-Oct-26 08:19:34

Morning all from West Oxfordshire.

I had a good day at the V&A yesterday. The study day on clothes and their stories was excellent. All the lecturers spoke well and knew their subject - except one! I’m afraid one of the speakers was dire and I could see people nodding off! I nearly did but managed to stay awake.

A quiet day today. More hand quilting and I’m cooking beef goulash for dinner. Steamed treacle sponge for pudding.

Have a good day.

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 08:15:27

Gingster, it's so annoying, when prescriptions or lack of them, cause problems, through no fault of your own. ♥️

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 08:09:06

Good morning from Glasgow, where it is 12°C

Baubles, I have a dish of sea glass, which fascinates Babydoll, most of it from Cellardyke and Pittenweem. No cobalt, unfortunately.

I have nothing much to report, I did little yesterday, apart from making cherry crumble for DH and going to the Vigil Mass.
It was so busy, I began to feel claustrophobic.
I feel so out of sorts, there is no respite.

This morning, I will go down to church, not to Mass, but to monitor the car park.
It is becoming dangerous, with selfish, latecoming, parishioners moving cones and blocking wheelchair access and fire paths.
Their hypocrisy baffles me, come to Mass, making a show of being devout, but shamelessly disregard the needs of others.
We had four people in wheelchairs last week, they couldn't get to their cars, because someone moved the cones and parked across rhe ramp.
She has done this for three weeks in a row. She is in for a shock today, I have a cunning plan. 🤭

I wish you all a pleasant Sunday and as always, best wishes for all those struggling.
Safe journey, Ash,

HelterSkelter1 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:08:41

Good morning from a quite misty grey N Surrey. Today I shall carty on with raking and sweeping, but the garden bin is full so I will sweep into big piles and hope we dont get any wind before the bin is emptied.
Many dead plants now dug up. So the garden looks tidier but rather empty. One potted hydrangea which is very shrivelled I need to attend to and put it in a sheltered spot to recuperate. Hopefully..
Fingers crossed the sun comes out to dry the washing load I put on optimistically. A good day to all.

Liberty Sun 04-Oct-26 08:05:27

Good morning from another sunny Suffolk start to the day where we have no plans which is lovely because a busy week ahead.

I need to get a new mobile phone but I dislike having to get anything new which involves any kind of technology. I have no interest in the latest gadgets,gizmos etc. My iPhone must be 6 years old,possibly more and has served me well for what I need it for. It looks so small compared with the size of others I see.

Although it charges well, the brightness of the screen sometimes just fades so it is very difficult to read. Friends have spoken well of the help and service they’ve had from the large Tesco in a nearby town so a trip there later in the week is planned.

A small problem in an ever worrying world. I hope today is a good one free from pain and worries.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:02:51

Good morning 🙋‍♀️ looking out of my bedroom window is like a traditional autumnal scene. The weeping ash leaves are beginning to turn golden and there is a light mist and pale sun.

I have absolutely nothing planned for today other than roast pork for dinner around 7ish.

I have been reading my kindle in bed since 6am so as not to wake up DH. It was a joy to read something light, I am struggling with Dan Brown’s latest offering which I am also reading (it’s a proper book, not in kindle so I need good light to read it)

Wishing you all a pleasant Sunday 🙋‍♀️

Susan56 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:00:19

Good morning from Shropshire .A dry but slightly cooler start today.

I have had a busy few days with unexpected hospital appointments and yesterday a big celebration of family birthdays with family and friends.Today we are spending with all three grandchildren which we are looking forward to as we don’t see them altogether very often.

I have rearranged the week ahead apart from our usual childcare as I feel life has got a bit hectic.I haven’t had time to think or relax for weeks.I love being at home pottering without any plan so am hoping a quieter time will restore my equilibrium and let me find my peace again.

Thinking of all our mountaineers 🙏🏻💐and wishing everyone the best day possible🦩🌻

ginny Sun 04-Oct-26 07:58:39

Good morning from N. Bucks .So pleased to see that the mild weather is continuing.
Good day yesterday, we saw most of the family and youngest DGS didn’t want to leave but his Daddy had made plans to meet with some friends.
Today I’m meeting my scrapbooking craft pals. Lots of chat , coffee and cake and probably some crafting too.
Home late afternoon and and easy dinner planned. Scampi, homemade oven chips and peas.
Wishing all a good day with a smile along the way.

Gelisa Sun 04-Oct-26 07:55:53

Good morning from a cold Morecambe Bay. My weather oracle says it’s 5 degrees. That’s cold! I hope it warms up. It was glorious yesterday when I took DS2 to Cumbria. We walked into Ulverston along the canal into the town. Apparently it’s the shortest yet widest canal in England. Not much autumn colour around, just very noticeable red Virginia creepers.
Today I’m taking DS2 home. I’ll do some more cleaning for him. He assures me he has kept on top of his kitchen and lounge since my last efforts. I do hope so. Anyway it’s his bedroom’s turn.
Not a suitable tip for the swimming pool, but one an old gardening friend gave me for drying the awkward bits you can’t reach after a shower such as your feet. Use a hairdryer!
Wishing everyone an enjoyable, peaceful Sunday. Take care🌸

kittylester Sun 04-Oct-26 07:55:27

Good morning all from a brightening North Leicestershire.

My choir is singing at a local market today - must try not to visit all the stalls. DS2 might call in this afternoon to tell us about his holiday. And that is it apart from the papers and Strictly results.

I have been reflecting on the change in this thread since the early days on GN. It used to be just people saying good morning, talking about the weather and saying what they were intending to do.

Have the best day possible, everyone.