Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 4th October 2026

(63 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 04-Oct-26 04:47:32

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark but dry start to the day here in Brackley this morning.
Todays plans , housework , and watch some TV a bit of cycling as well.
Have Lunch.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 12:44:17

Nanababs ❤️

Jennifer Eccles, I vaguely remember Mick saying he had been on another forum, then it folded, I may be totally wrong.
He then he joined GN andstarted the Good Morning thread.!

It was always understood, that everyone waited for Mick to start the thread, before anyone posted.
However, it does seem to start earlier and earlier.

NanaBabs1 Sun 04-Oct-26 12:28:12

Marydoll, I could never scroll past your daily musings…long or short they’re never short of relevance and interest and, no matter how serious or delicate the issue, somehow your innate sense of humour and comedy timing shines through.
I don’t know how you do it but long may they continue!

Peep Sun 04-Oct-26 11:52:57

I have been reading this thread for years, never post, just like catching up with what everyone is doing, I also get concerned when someone doesn’t post for a few days.

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 11:51:54

There is always the option be selective and scroll past the novellas. 🥰

I enjoy reading about everyone's lives. We are all so different.

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 11:48:46

The cheeky parker came late to another Mass and abandoned her car in the middle of the car park.

I was talking to a former pupil and she sneaked past.

I need to regroup!

CaroleAnne Sun 04-Oct-26 11:38:42

I agree with you Kitty. The threads have become more involved over the years. I think it is a good thing for people to express how they feel with illness worries as well as happy events too.
My DH is nowc86 years of age(I am five years younger). Over the last two years his health has not been too good and he has become less mobile but nevertheless
we carry on regardless. Life is so precious.
I find this site rather comforting.
Thinking of all of you who are unwell or with worries and also those of you who are still enjoying a good quality of life.
Carolexwinethanks

JenniferEccles Sun 04-Oct-26 11:36:42

I have often wondered about the origins of the Good Morning thread, faithfully opened (extremely early!) every morning by Mick

I don’t know if Mick has ever said what gave him the idea originally but it is a lovely, interesting start to the day.

Like some others I guess, I’m just an occasional poster but I do read it most mornings when I’m having my early morning tea in bed, and I am astonished at how many posts there are even by about 8am!

Harris27 Sun 04-Oct-26 11:24:53

Good nights sleep after rubbish two nights coming off steroids as bad as being on them. Did go for flu jab and definitely helped me sleep last night. Nothing much today due to energy levels and complete worn out. However I do plan some tv and books this afternoon. Late lunch planned with hubby assisting!🫣

Grannyme6 Sun 04-Oct-26 11:22:28

A very late good morning to all. Your post resonates with me UTTB. I’m reluctant to name posters who are having difficulties and leaving someone out, but I do read every day and genuinely hope for the best for everyone.
I’m enjoying coffee in the garden having tackled a pile of ironing, including 2 shirts. DH has moved to non-iron shirts but even so, a couple of ‘smart’ shirts always require attention. Having ironed uniform shirts for years, I’ve had enough!
Harvest festival at our little church this afternoon, I’ll take some figs from my tree.

Greyduster Sun 04-Oct-26 11:22:24

Spot on, FGT😂

Usedtobeblonde Sun 04-Oct-26 11:17:21

Thank you all, how very kind you all are.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-26 11:09:00

Exactly kitty when I notice someone hasn’t posted my mind goes into overdrive 🙀

kittylester Sun 04-Oct-26 11:06:51

UTBB, please post! We oldies can just be boring and stick to the old ways.

I feel that it was almost like a register and it was comforting to know who was around.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sun 04-Oct-26 10:57:22

Another here who likes having you on here with us all utbb!
(Am already looking forward to seeing you in Stockport by bus on Tuesday! It takes an hour but the journey passes quickly enough and you are So Worth It). 😁

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-26 10:47:09

I am a relative newbie (nearly 10 yrs)

I have absolutely no hope of remembering everyone’s comings and goings, if I never mention you it is not personal, just my scatter brain.

I was so organised when working and the children were allat home, now I have no idea how I managed it 🤷‍♀️

aggie Sun 04-Oct-26 10:41:49

Good morning from Co Armagh where it’s a real autumn day
No Mass in our Chapel on the first Sunday of the month so we are off to Co Meath to visit a cousin ,her Mother was a “big girl” when we visited as children , she died recently so taking chance to visit and remember old times
I am another hit and miss poster , I sometimes feel it’s to boring to report my doings , but I do read every day , it’s lovely to see how everyone is getting on I’m waiting with bated breath to see how Marydoll sorts the cheeky Parker !

Marydoll Sun 04-Oct-26 10:36:09

UTBB,

I remember you previous personna and how kind you were to a Gransnetter, who was in hospital.
💐

hollysteers Sun 04-Oct-26 10:28:25

Good morning from Sunnyside Sandhills northwest coast. Quiet yesterday after a full on day the day before. A little drawing and reading.

DD went off into the city for an Oktoberfest, looking pretty in Bavarian costume and came back late saying she’d had a marvellous time after not being keen. She bumped into my cousin too. Coming from large families, I have lots of cousins to bump into..,

She drives back to the south today and I’ll miss her (particularly the TIB in the morning 😁). I need to look at new songs for the coming week and have a tidy up. She’s back for a flying visit later in the month.
I’m invited to the usual open mic. tonight, but I’ll see how I feel when the time comes.

Hope your neck improves dragonfly and thoughts to all🌺

Jaxjacky Sun 04-Oct-26 10:22:30

I’ve read it utbb unless you make notes (life is too short) it’s tricky remembering everyone and it’s not necessary.i often have little to say, just a quick check in.
More to the point, good to see you back 💐

Usedtobeblonde Sun 04-Oct-26 09:56:11

Good morning from Stockport.
I have been AWOL for a week or so and it is coincidental that my reason for not posting has been aired this morning.
I read the posts and then can’t remember who said what and I feel guilty not mentioning if someone needs some comfort or a mention.
As has been said when I joined we just exchanged greetings and postered about our doings.
I can’t keep up so decided to take a break.
I have been here since just after GN started under my previous name annsixty.
I will try to post more often but sometimes am so late I feel it’s not going to get read so no point.

harrigran Sun 04-Oct-26 08:59:34

Good morning from a grey but dry NE.
I am still in bed as I have no plans for today.
Yesterday's lunchtime party was interesting, my cousin gave a long speech about his wife, I had no idea she had done so much in her life.
A granddaughter played a keyboard, all the pieces she played were favourites of my DGD too.
A neighbour sang a medley of songs appropriate to my cousin and his wife.
Sister and BIL dropped me off at home and I was happy to change into casual clothes and sit in front of the TV with a cup of tea.
Have a pleasant Sunday.

MawsRosie Sun 04-Oct-26 08:55:55

Ooh! Nice to see a mention , thank you Marydoll
Yes, I read every day and enjoy hearing about you all but have sort of left off posting as I felt my days were too trivial to mention!
However recently I have taken a group of 30 from the Arts Society to the Kings Gallery to see the late QEII’s fashions, been to the Whistler exhibition at Tate Britain and a wonderful BRB Swan Lake last week in Birmingham,
Today I have my 3 Brum GC staying as their parents were at another SIL’s 50th birthday bash in London and we are meeting up with them at the village pub for lunch on their return.
(Fortunately bring teenagers they do not wake up early and are perfectly able to help themselves to anything they need, so low maintenance. )
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

dragonfly46 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:54:18

Love that FGT

dragonfly46 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:53:11

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

The last few days have been busy but today I have nothing to do this morning so I am still in bed.

I cricked my neck yesterday doing the exercises for my back - so ironic- and it is very painful when I move my head, coupled with a sore arm on the same side from the flu jab I am feeling a little sorry for myself..

Nevertheless I am playing Scrabble with friends this afternoon.

I feel your frustration Gingster life can be very hard at times.
Wishing everyone the best day possible.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sun 04-Oct-26 08:50:41

I thought of this just now Greyduster!