Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 6th October 2026

(19 Posts)
Redcar Tue 06-Oct-26 07:06:05

Good morning from mid Essex. It’s getting light, with a clear sky, another warm day is forecast, but the last for this year I think! Normal service resumes overnight and tomorrow with rain in the forecast.
I had my flu jab yesterday, not the best experience I’ve ever had, and I had a sore arm and shoulder all day. I think the pharmacist actually did the injection too close to the shoulder joint! I hope someone else will do the Covid jab on Thursday!

A good journey for you yesterday ash, enjoy your stay in France. I hope the cat soon forgives you for leaving him in the cattery!

I hope all medical appointments go well and that those in pain or worried find some relief today.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Marydoll Tue 06-Oct-26 06:58:12

Good afternoon from Glasgow, where it is 10°C and cloudy.

Gosh, so many early posts and the earliest start, I can remember.

I love the photo, Marzipan♥️

Baubles, I am glad, you got through it,

Yesterday afternoon, I tried to sleep off a dreadful headache, to no avail.
The headaches and nauseous feeling are constant now;I eventually had to go to bed.
My heart was also causing me some angst.
However, I am afraid to use my spray, after the episode, when I collapsed in town, when using it.
My health seems to be deteriorating fast and my life, becoming more restricted.

Dolly will be here soon, so I must dash.

Have a pleasant day, all.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 06-Oct-26 06:52:31

Good morning it’s 12° with a high of 21°

The Imp has just woken up, now I am waiting for the 11yr old to appear (o try to let them wake up naturally if possible, makes for much happier little people). Breakfast will follow shortly.

We have the electrician here this morning to do the final wiring up of the air conditioning (guarantee to make the outside temperature plummet). If my headache eases I will go to the gym (result of a bad nights sleep)

Hope all who have had extractions have happy mouths

Gelisa Tue 06-Oct-26 06:45:55

Forgot to post this photo DS2 sent over of the red leaves of Virginia creeper winding there way through a young ash tree on Saturday.

Georgesgran Tue 06-Oct-26 06:40:45

Good Morning from a dark Durham, where a cool, wet day is forecast. I’ve had a disturbed sleep - too much liquid during the day resulted in a lot of loo breaks through the night.
The electrician’s visit was 50% successful and I’ve a working extractor hood. I was annoyed that the element supplied by Cannon, supposedly the correct part, isn’t. The electrician will try and find the right part, but £53 wasted, as it’s far too late to return it.
Today, I’ve no plans at all, must see how DD2 is first, then just collecting up leaves and windfalls before planting a few bulbs. Tesco calls, if I can be bothered.

Best wishes to all. X

Gelisa Tue 06-Oct-26 06:40:35

Good morning from a mild cloudy Morecambe Bay. I know this as I’ve been out with CDog. I tried very hard to get back to sleep but it’s not happening so I’ve given up.
Glad your dental treatment went well Baubles . I prefer competence over a good bedside manner any day. My dentist is the same. I’ve hardly spoken to him despite going at least twice a year for most of my life. I used to see his father and he was just as bad. I always felt it must have been hard for the dental nurses. I do however have 28 good teeth, though what it’s done to my bank balance over the years doesn’t bare thinking about.
Yesterday was quite a lazy day following the weekend’s exertions. The gravel is still in its dumpy bag. I did however get a couple of bags to the charity shop. One of clothes and one bric a brac. I signed up for gift aid but how they keep a record of donations I can’t fathom. I will be notified as to how much my donations make in due course. I suspect the average price of a donated bag will be the calculation.
I also got my flu jab which although I have a heavy arm it’s actually not as painful as usual.
Today we are planning to go into Lancaster to get a cover for DH’s new I pad. It’s mainly flat in the town so DH should hobble round alright. He discovered an e mail yesterday, sent last week, for an appointment with the neurosurgeon. He feared he’d missed it when he saw the 3rd, but realised it’s a telephone consultation for March next year. There’s a lot of water to go under the bridge before then.
I may make inroads into the gravel as well or maybe not!
Take care everyone 🌸

Greyduster Tue 06-Oct-26 06:28:12

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where Jupiter and the crescent moon are shining in the sky. We are to have a cloudy day and a wet evening.

Yesterday, GS called in on his way back to uni after a weekend at home. We managed half an hour together before he left and I had to go for my flu jab. I sent him off with a box of cake! I then had a lovely visit from a good friend and her lovely husband who were travelling South and broke their journey to come and see me. A huge pleasure. I wish we lived closer.

In the afternoon I made a large pan of bolognese sauce for the freezer and had a helping for my tea with a large glass of red wine. It went down very well.

School this afternoon with year3. Hopefully I shall walk there and back.

Have the best day you can, folks.

Grandmabatty Tue 06-Oct-26 06:27:30

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 11° and dry. Pitch dark still. Marzipan enjoy your roaming!
Yesterday went as usual. The boys were deposited at school. Dgs2 has settled in well after his initial rocky start. Then I came home and tidied up the kitchen. Bedroom and living room before the tesco delivery. I did some Spanish too, GrandMattie but I'm not at your level!
In the afternoon I tidied up the school library which was in a mess. Then I picked up the boys. Dgs2 wanted a book from the school book fair because his class hadnt gone. I knew exactly what he would choose- it is a sparkly, fluffy, pink diary. Anyway he's happy.
Today I have an appointment with the practice nurse after I drop off the boys at school. Its my diabetic review. I was happy with my weight loss and lowered blood pressure but we'll see what the other tests show. Then nothing planned until pick up time. I shall roast a gammon and make cauliflower cheese to go with it. Have a good day all.

Marzipan22 Tue 06-Oct-26 06:20:11

Now on my patio in my Dry Robe with coffee and cake and a candle to light my way.

Marzipan22 Tue 06-Oct-26 06:00:13

Good morning from a misty, atmospheric Cornwall. Had the loveliest time at my sewing group yesterday, after which I took a bus to my favourite plant nursery and bought a sweet woodruff plant for my patio. After that another bus ride took me to an inland town where I had THE most tasty cheese toasted sandwich ever, at a station buffet.

Today I want to roam so I think I'll get the Cornwall Ranger rail ticket and saunter down to St Ives then up to Plymouth (ok, so that's in Devon but it's included in the ticket) then home some time this evening.

grandMattie Tue 06-Oct-26 05:51:10

Good morning from an overcast Bristol. The mornings are darker and cooler!
I hope all goes well for medical calls and appointments, glad the the Channel crossing/journeys went well, that dental treatment was ok and all was well with everyone yesterday.
I’ve only just woken up, very unusual for me. The exhausting previous week and jabs are obviously catching up on me.
I had an uneventful day, mostly resting, ready for today. My arm is still very sore but ibuprofen gel works well.
Spanish this morning, the baking for tomorrow in the afternoon.
Have a good day, may the sun shine on you. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

RosesandLilac Tue 06-Oct-26 05:47:04

Good morning from south Glos, it’s dry, dark and 7° here
I did more in the garden yesterday, it’s getting there! I found a beautiful toad in one bit, i was surprised because everything is bone dry so I have left one area undisturbed for him/her. There’s certainly plenty of slugs etc around despite it being so parched. What little rain we’ve had has had no impact on the soil.
I will order a load of mulch for delivery then that’s the main work done and I am very pleased with my efforts.
DH says he’ll do the hedge cutting.
I will finish my bits out there today, then I can relax and enjoy it until the mulch arrives.
Best wishes to you all x
🌹

madeleine45 Tue 06-Oct-26 05:43:07

Good morning Michael and all GN's from a very dark and quiet North Yorkshire . Glad to be up after a poor night, and just hope for an improving day.

Yesterday was a mixture, with some small success in a few areas , but frustrating poor results or should I say no results in others. It took me a very frustrating long time to get myself sorted, and ready to go out in the morning, but I evcntually got off on the yellow peril. took my mac and cover for the buggy as it looked quite dark and with the possibility of the promised showers. However, the weather changed its mind and cleared up to a sunny but very windy morning, which was pleasant to be out and about on.

I was a bit later getting off than I had intended as there were various things I needed to do first at home. Amongst other bits and pieces I had cut out a piece from the local paper , where a housing company was saying they had money on offer for local charities etc etc., and found it and was able to pass on the information to someone who runs a local charity with others, and so hope it might end up with some funds for them. At least if you know in time you have the chance, so fingers crossed on that front. I still didnt have any success in finding some papers I need, but did do a bit of sorting and ripping up out of date things. Then off doing various jobs and looked in the building society, which for once was very quiet, and so went in and had chance to speak to someone. I wanted to check up on the latest figures , and find out what if any changes there had been. So that was worth calling in for, but I had wanted to go to somewhere else and they unexpectedly were shut, with a notice apologising for unexpected need to be closed, so that was a wasted bit of the journey, so swings and roundabouts.

Came home , still creaking, and couldnt face starting the ironing. Overall didnt feel too good, and wished I could have done a bit of gardening, but no chance, I did a few bits and pieces and then made the effort to go through some clothes , so that I have a bag of summer things, clean but not ironed , ready to go away, one or two things to throw out, and a couple of winter trousers, which last year had been a bit tight, which I am accepting I will not be comfortable, so they are clean and ironed and ready to give to the charity shop today. Also sorted out a few books to go with them, so although it wasnt a great deal, I have at least made a start. I cleared up and made a meal and then watched the various quiz programmes that I enjoy having a go at and then the last part of the play, so not an exciting day but a bit done

Today struggling to do much yet. I am hoping that my shower will help a bit, as my legs feel very tight and somewhat painful, so no chance of any time in the garden , although I might go round with the secateurs and have a bit of a tidy up that way. Fingers crossed I will make it to the games night tonight. Oneway and another , I have missed a few weeks, so will need to brush up my techniques and hope I can remember enough to play a reasonable game.

I hope that your nurse can be helpful for you this morning Michael and that you get no more scam callers. I wish that they could invent a way where if you get scam calls, your phone retains their numbers and rings THEM at 2 in the morning!!

Well still very dark outside , and no sign of life anywhere so I am off to get some coffee and then look out some clean clothes and then if it is still very early I may pick out a couple of outfits to iron, so that at least I have something that looks clean and tidy . Perhaps I might then find he energy to get a fair bit more ironed. Thinking of you all and hoping that today will go well for everyone.

karmalady Tue 06-Oct-26 05:36:59

Good morning from foggy s somerset

I was so tired yesterday afternoon, driving and dentist plus hygienist during the morning. Strange I did crave oranges yesterday so did buy some and had one as soon as I arrived home, it was so nice and I must have needed the vitamin c. My mouth is still a bit tender from the hygienist visit but my teeth look much nicer now

I had to do something positive before bed so I made the facing for my dress and I will attach that today, I would have nodded off if I had been downstairs

It is going to be an easy day for me today, I still feel like sewing and will do some this morning. A walk later, when the sun appears and knitting this afternoon. The bone in my gum will take about another 4 months to re-build, which it does by making new bone cells and that does sap energy

Quite a bland day for me today but it is what I need

Melanie61 Tue 06-Oct-26 05:35:03

Good morning from Sheffield
I have had a few nights of good sleep. I’m sure it’s this magnesium cream that I’ve started using. Hope it continues.
I hope to visit Ikea today for something to go in the bottom of a hall cupboard. Bags for life are mixed with hats and gloves. I want more order to it.

That’s about it for today, a bit of tidying too.
Take care everyone flowers

baubles Tue 06-Oct-26 05:31:15

Good morning from dark and dry South Lanarkshire.

I hope your phone call brings you good news Mick.

Thanks for your good wishes for my dental appointment yesterday. The extraction was straightforward thankfully. I do trust my dentist’s skills but his bedside manner needs a little work, he can be quite brusque.

Charity shop shift today will see yet more staff changes as we have a new manager starting today and our fairly new part time manager is leaving this week.

Yarn group this evening will be busy as we will be filling the gaps on our rather large poppy covered camouflage netting.

Have a good day everyone.

GillyMo Tue 06-Oct-26 05:13:37

Good morning Mick and all from a dark and mild Herefordshire.

Yesterday's trip to the coffee shop was productive. I found a skein of wool under a table, handed it in to the owner who said she would keep it for me if nobody claims it by next week.

I have a book club meeting today to discuss the ending of Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy.

Happy Tuesday all.

Ashcombe Tue 06-Oct-26 05:09:30

Good morning from a dark but mild corner of La Sarthe.

I hope you have reassuring news regarding your prostate, Mick. DH had successful treatment for his more than 10 years ago here in France.

Thank you for the kind wishes for our journey yesterday. We certainly had a good trip, both by sea and land, despite foggy conditions early on, Gagagran, as you mentioned. Our voyage on board Guillaume de Normandie began with a delicious full English breakfast where I was pleased to remake the acquaintance of a Lancastrian member of staff who had been very supportive to me on a previous crossing when I’d travelled alone.

Luckily, we were one of the first cars to disembark the ferry and within ten minutes we were on our way! Two hours later we reached DH’s home where all was well apart from the leak in the bathroom for which a solution is in hand in the shape of a plumber who has already quoted to supply new toilets in both bathrooms.

Today we shall collect Perry from the cattery so we shall have to endure his yowls of protest during the half hour journey home! Petrol is also expensive here at over 2€ per litre in places.

Wishing everyone a good day with condolences to those who are mourning and relief from pain to those who are struggling.

🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

Michael12 Tue 06-Oct-26 04:51:30

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
A busy day awaits , I have a phone call mid morning as to enlarged prostrate ,from a nurse at the Churchill in Oxford before I can get a bus to do a shop in Bicester and hopefully see people I know.
I had some annoying phone calls last night a noted scam call , which use a 0800 number , hopefully I blocked on my phone.
Health OK,
Take Care,
Mick