Gransnet forums

Chat

Ruler Of The World (lighthearted)

(7 Posts)
shysal Wed 07-Oct-26 17:33:45

I would decree that everybody should 'just be kind'. The world would be a pleasant and more peaceful place. It shouldn't be difficult!

JenniRen Wed 07-Oct-26 17:31:05

I'd invent something which would trace litter back to the people who dropped it and make them spend a week litter-picking.

JenniRen Wed 07-Oct-26 17:29:07

AGAA4

If I ruled the world every day would be sunny and a pleasant temperature.

I would ban hard to open jars and packets.
People who beep their horns loudly while leaving after midnight would be fined as would litter bugs.

With rain overnight 🌞🌧

Fallingstar Wed 07-Oct-26 17:27:36

I would have dog free parks and dog parks as happens in parts of the US. Would ban mobile phones in all theatres, cinemas, art galleries/museums and restaurants. Would force the NHS, car parks, banks etc., to offer non tech services. And would offer free childcare to all families.
Will think up some more 🧐

AGAA4 Wed 07-Oct-26 16:18:55

If I ruled the world every day would be sunny and a pleasant temperature.

I would ban hard to open jars and packets.
People who beep their horns loudly while leaving after midnight would be fined as would litter bugs.

Grannybags Wed 07-Oct-26 15:56:16

I agree about the non-alcoholic wine!

As I said on the other thread I'd ban Christmas!

I'll have to have a think about what else to use my powers for..

Cossy Wed 07-Oct-26 15:49:21

gringrin

On another thread, someone said (in jest), when I’m ruler of the world I’d ……

So if and when you’re ruler of the world, what will you do?

My first move will be to ban all adverts which upset or annoy me, including, but not limited to, Pee Pants, all to do with poo, the adverts for cremations, and those that feel we need to know about their “gush moments”.

Then I’d pass a law about carrier bags which suddenly split or dig deep into one’s palms (even bags for life).

And I’d employ dog wardens everywhere to pick up dog poo and post back through the owners letterboxes, when said owners don’t pick it up.

Finally I’d make non-alcoholic wine taste nice!

How about you??